Talking about bad reviews for Pride.....

Flamin_June

And the next SB review, for the Sojourn, is not much better! I really can't see what is wrong with the 'soft furnishings' that excites the reviewer so much, and I've just got off the Quest.

All very strange to me ...

A better put together review than the Pride example from sarkydevil

Perhaps we shall see guests bringing their own beds and sun loungers aboard and not just a pillow.

Maybe they were on a different Pride? In our recent experience the staff was everything you expect from Seabourn as were the officers. The ship is 25 years old but well maintained, constant maint going on as is true on all SB ships, as

others who were on her recently noted. We had no issues with linens nor towels compared to other SB ships or experiences. Where are these reviews coming from, wanna be competitors?

This one really tops them all!! Reads a bit as if written by a Brit maybe, not US. Since other sensible people have recently been on Pride, and not found any of these problems, surely this must be a spoof or someone out to get Seabourn.

Asking for a refund after staying on the cruise is the same as eating every last morsel at a restaurant, drinking the whole bottle of wine, stating it didn't meet expectations and then demanding a refund. It makes no sense that the poster would stay onboard if things were that bad.

If he had been the person from Toronto, he'd have had no memory of anything so couldn't have written the review.:D

And the next SB review, for the Sojourn, is not much better! I really can't see what is wrong with the 'soft furnishings' that excites the reviewer so much, and I've just got off the Quest.

All very strange to me ...

I think the "luxury" of Seabourn is knowing that these folks will probably never be aboard again!

I feel sure that we will likely see more negative reviews on Seabourn over the next few months. Inevitably maintenance on the ships already sold to Windstar will suffer to a certain extent but I hope this will not be significant.

More importantly for this forum, we also have to realise that each of the three sold little sisters has a yearly crew of about 235% of normal crewing. These folks are being laid-off/made redundant so there will be many unhappy people. Some will be re-hired and some will not. It will be a disruption to many seafarers livelihood.

Since Pride is scheduled for dry dock next month, it would appear that maintenance is not being neglected before the turnover to Windstar in May 2014.

Maintenance will not be neglected as it is a condition of the contract in the sale.

I met an engineer who was on the Legend recently who told me what was being spent by Windstar and Seabourn to keep the ships in top class condition.

There is no question of cutting corners .

I do wonder if some of the soft fittings which may well get replaced when the ship moves over to new owners might suffer. Seabourn towels and other liveried items will no longer be required.

One presumes an internal freshen up will be undertaken to accompany the fanfare launch by Windstar alongside the headline $ X million spent.

It had a bearing on which ship we chose for our first experience of the brand.

That said I am surprised that such dramatic failings have not been reported by regular Seabourn patrons who seize most opportunities to report back with any deviation from the expected high standards.

We will be saving judgement until sometime after Jan 4th when we disembark Sojourn. I'm not expecting our review to be quite as harsh :)

Henry

The phrase "the ship bunkered 3 times during mealtimes" is a giveaway. Sounds like a former disgruntled crew member, probably an officer from Europe (that includes the UK) and most probably an Engineer.

I resent that.

Especially the Europe remark.

Troll post.

We the crew do not care when we have our meals, as long as we get them.

Sometimes the ships have bunker barges alongside (Russia, etc), and the fumes come in through the ventilation.

This sometimes happens in the evening, because the ship has no control when the locals bother to send the barge.

Edited by Xcrew

Maintenance will not be neglected as it is a condition of the contract in the sale.

I met an engineer who was on the Legend recently who told me what was being spent by Windstar and Seabourn to keep the ships in top class condition.

There is no question of cutting corners .

The sales contact no doubt has some minimum requirements, but "top class condition" is a bit of a stretch. We are currently on the pride in St. Kitts. She is docked next to the Spirit and the difference is stark. Many rust steaks on the Pride and the Spirit white as a sheet

We are enjoying our days in the Pride, but the wear is noticeable even with consideration to her 25 years. The crew is pleasant and professional but stressed and looking forward to the 10 days in dry dock

Will draft a more complete (and mostly positive) review on our return

Just as a followup to the comments about keeping the ship to a certain condition before the handover in April and apologizes if this has been covered elsewhere. It turns out the Pride is already owned by WindStar and Seaborn is chartering her until the handover,

Regarding who is responsible for the upkeep or drydock could not get an answer. They were not sure what level of maintenance is part of the charter.

Had a fair crew turn today. Speedy Christna and number of the bar staff. David E and Jes are on I believe to at least to January. She is headed to Dry Dock in the Bahamas today at 2:00 for ten days.

We have just disembarked and as mentioned in an earlier post will write a more detailed review, but suffice to say we are already missing the Seaborn experience.

Edited by sfocruiser

We are on the Pride January 5, 2014. I don't know how full it will be, and nobody seems interested in replying to my roll call. I am a little apprehensive about this cruise. We were last on the Pride in Asia a few years ago, and it was my first experience on SB, and had a great time. We were on the Spirit a few years ago, and that Caribbean cruise was somewhat marred by the presence of 2 "affinity groups" on the sailing.

But- with all the talk about "issues" on the Pride now, I may wish I had picked another SB ship for my Caribbean vacation in 2014.

Kathy