Crazy C&A Survey for Independence??

Mystaken

Received the following email this morning:

Dear Valued Guest,

Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor Society (CAS) Program values your time and loyalty with us. We would like to ask you how Royal Caribbean is doing at making your most recent experience on board Independence of the Seas!

This feedback will also help us develop cruising and traveling benefits that mean the most to you.

To participate, please click here.

If the above link does not work, please copy and paste the following link into your internet browser:

http://royalcaribbean.qualtrics.com/WRQualtricsSurveyEngine/?Q_SS=ePyctFKeuw1WkNT_d4k1aPkFN14syQ5&_=1

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Royal Caribbean International.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration and we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Royal Caribbean International

I am D+ but I have never sailed on Independence! Did anyone else get this survey request?

I just received this email as well. It must be a phishing email. Don't respond.

I received it.

I completed the survey….

because I did sail on the ID for the TransAtlantic.

It was a brief survey of the "Trial Diamond Drink Coupons" and wanted input on the effectiveness.

At the end there was a place to write a comment about what can be done to improve the offering.

Royal Caribbean IT must have messed up again and sent it to others….which, when someone completes the survey who did not experience the trial program, would invalidate the survey

Edited by beachnative

I just received this email as well. It must be a phishing email. Don't respond.

I have no intention of responding, but I don't think its a phishing email. I suspect that it is the usual RCCL IT lack of communication/marketing skills!

I received it.

I completed the survey….

because I did sail on the ID for the TransAtlantic.

It was a brief survey of the "Trial Diamond Drink Coupons" and wanted input on the effectiveness.

At the end there was a place to write a comment about what can be done to improve the offering.

Royal Caribbean IT must have messed up again and sent it to others….which, when someone completes the survey who did not experience the trial program, would invalidate the survey

That's very interesting! If they want the opinions of C&A members who weren't part of the trial, they need to rewrite the email. I'm hoping they really are interested in hearing from C&A members on this issue, but more information needs to be given to us about what is proposed.

I seldom rant, but here goes:

We were on the ID TransAtlantic and struggled with the Trial Diamond Coupon Policy.

Several days into the cruise I went to Crown and Anchor and asked if we would be given an opportunity to express our opinion of the trial program.

The agent (one of three sitting there) seemed unable to comprehend my question. I gave several possible ways that we might be given some input and the agent was clueless about all of them.

I finally asked if the passengers sailing on the ship would be given the "Mid-cruise Comment Card" that we had received in our cabins on several other ships. Her answer was "Yes".

We waited for the comment card to show up in our cabin … it never did.

About Day 11, while walking through the Promenade, we saw a small table off to the side with a slotted box labeled "Mid-cruise Comments" and an empty plastic stand next to it (that had held the comment sheets).

We went into C&A and were told that I could get the sheets at Guest Services….which we did. Guest Services dug around and found us one…unfortunately, the comments were do several days prior.

We asked several others who were using the coupons if they had received or knew about the mid-Cruise comment cards…….none were aware of them.

What a mess.

Why the rant: having received through e-mail an opportunity to comment on the trial diamond drink program I find out via CC that the opportunity to comment has been compromised by sending the survey to members who did not experience the Trial Diamond Program.

I'm sitting here shaking my head in amazement at the lack of ability of some people to do their jobs correctly.:eek:

Edited by beachnative

I got the survey, too. It did not specify the ship.

I completed it. It asked about our cruising experience and had many questions about what perks we thought were the most important. It was similar--but, not the same as other surveys. For example, on the cruise before my recent TA the questions were all about the ports of call [or most were]. I felt RCL is trying to tweak their ports.

This focused on the loyalty perks. Again, I feel this is a priority right now.

I seldom rant, but here goes:

We were on the ID TransAtlantic and struggled with the Trial Diamond Coupon Policy.

Several days into the cruise I went to Crown and Anchor and asked if we would be given an opportunity to express our opinion of the trial program.

The agent (one of three sitting there) seemed unable to comprehend my question. I gave several possible ways that we might be given some input and the agent was clueless about all of them.

I finally asked if the passengers sailing on the ship would be given the "Mid-cruise Comment Card" that we had received in our cabins on several other ships. Her answer was "Yes".

We waited for the comment card to show up in our cabin … it never did.

About Day 11, while walking through the Promenade, we saw a small table off to the side with a slotted box labeled "Mid-cruise Comments" and an empty plastic stand next to it (that had held the comment sheets).

We went into C&A and were told that I could get the sheets at Guest Services….which we did. Guest Services dug around and found us one…unfortunately, the comments were do several days prior.

We asked several others who were using the coupons if they had received or knew about the mid-Cruise comment cards…….none were aware of them.

What a mess.

Why the rant: having received through e-mail an opportunity to comment on the trial diamond drink program I find out via CC that the opportunity to comment has been compromised by sending the survey to members who did not experience the Trial Diamond Program.

I'm sitting here shaking my head in amazement at the lack of ability of some people to do their jobs correctly.:eek:

I also received the survey and while the email was titled to Independence of the Seas cruisers it didn't have anything to do with the trial drink program. Think the survey probably escaped with the wrong title.

Edited by Don Pedro

I also received the survey and while the email was titled to Independence of the Seas cruisers it didn't have anything to do with the trial drink program. Think the survey probably escaped with the wrong title.

I'm glad that your's was a different set of questions.

These are from one of the pages in the survey I received:

How much do you agree with the following:

It was easy and convenient to have the added drink vouchers pre-loaded on my SeaPass card

The added drink vouchers enhanced my overall cruise experience

I found myself using my added drink vouchers instead of going to Diamond/Concierge lounge

I have not received the survey that you did. I would like to because we cruise with Royal Caribbean at least 15 times a year and would like to add my comments.

Edited by beachnative

I received the survey and completed it. It did mention the Independence in the title and as I am booked on it in May I completed it.

It was basically all about what is important to me in the loyalty program.

Nothing about drink coupons so there must be two different surveys.

I got one too. I was hoping that I had a suite and would receive double points!

:D

Sorry, but unless you booked a suite originally, you won't get double points. Points are based on what you originally booked. If you want double points, watch for price drops and pay to upgrade.

Do not be angry at the IT Department of RCI!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are all on loan to the government to fix the Obamacare webs site!!!!

HAHA! That explains a lot!! As a retired US government employee, I experienced what was called TQM (totally quality management). Basically, the government hired outside contractors to do these programs to try to make lower level employees feel they had buy in to decisions that had already been made at upper levels. Hope RCCL didn't spend a lot of money on this failure. Most people are not that stupid and can think for themselves!

Edited by Mystaken

I got the email about recent experience onboard Indy this morning, but it was addressed to my Mom. We've sailed together a few times but she doesn't live with me and has her own email address. Neither of us has been on Indy, unless Mom snuck a cruise in without telling me. I guess RC has more bugs than I thought.

We received the email invitation this morning - referenced to our recent Independence cruise.

We were not on the IOTS, but did complete the survey.

I assumed it was a general email that should have been personalized, but was not.

The questions asked about how we make vacation decisions, and about all of the benefits available to our Crown & Anchor status.

The questions grouped 5 benefits - and asked to rank highest and lowest importance. Then asked if none were important, some, or all.

Some of the groups all were important to me, and some of the groups were "some important." No group was "not important."

Also asked what benefit I would like to see added. I'm always looking for a real laundry coupon - not just the underwear one.

I got one of the survey emails being discussed. I forwarded it to a friend of mine who works for RCCL. It reeks of phishing to me...the email that it came from did not have the RCCL domain as part of the return address....it smells phishy to me.

I got one like this months ago, and in fact it was fraudulent and my friend forwarded it to their appropriate channels within their legal department.