Going through customs on Adventure

heeb

My wife and I and friends will be cruising on the Adventure of the Seas in Feb. We have a 9:45am flight back from San Juan to Philly on the return. My question is do they do customs on the ship prior to San Juan like the day before or do they do it at the port? We will need to do a walk off the ship to get a cab and get to the airport in time to make our flight. If you have been on the cruise recently and you have the answer thank-you.:cool:

Agree--flight is too early. There are two separate inspection lines at airport - agricultural and TSA. Lines can be substantial for both. Line for customs at port doesn't move fast either! Even if you are the first to walk off ship, I think you will miss your plane.

There's absolutely no way you'll make that flight. On our last cruse on A of S, we didn't even begin leaving the ship until 8:45. Believe me, after many experiences with the San Juan Customs and Immigration, they are VERY slow and operate on their own time schedule---you go through Customs and Immigration on the morning of your disembarkation. Then there's a 15 to 20 minute cab ride and then your fight begins at the airport. The lines there are awful with check in, security checks and other things. Plus, you must be ON the plane 20 minutes before departure. You really, really need to get another flight.

I have to agree as well. Too early. Those customs lines were horribly slow at the port and the airlines weren't much faster (and I flew out the next day, although there were no cruises disembarking either).