Looks like 1-2-3 Coming Back on Black Friday

lovestx

You have it booked w/the "more" agency? Shouldn't be a problem.[/qu

Yep. Just hoping we can get as good a price with this cruise now that the 123Go is back. We decided that the 123Go was a better option for us than the Thanksgiving Sale because of the cost of the drink pkg. on a 10 day cruise. Hope our waiting pays off:)

Good luck! They have a group rate on a Summit cruise I'm looking at...dying to see if I can combine it with 123. Tick tock.

Although it says 1-2-3 is not combinable with other offers, I wonder if it is combinable with the on board booking credit which is combinable with one other offer.

My understanding is that if you booked onboard after the changes, which I think were Aug 1? then it should be combinable for sure as the booking onboard thing now says it is combinable with 1 other offer. If you booked onboard before that the rules were different, so maybe not.

It's not much different on other cruise lines.

Oh yes, it is confusing - and this is the only cruise line I've used that has had so many offers. Even my TA said the same thing! When I told him I was interested in a cruise last week, he said "I think I can get you something" better, but he really had no clue until he actually booked it. This is not the kind of guy who has no clue normally....

So I'm kind of a newbie here to X. Last year, what were the 3 offers, and what were they not combinable with? I think I got some kind of discounted price as a result of an offer (the one my TA got - using a different phone line to call in) OR possibly being seniors (in addition to discount online for being past cruisers...only 1 cruise, but....). The cruise was booked late last week and it's in March (7 nights, Caribbean). Think the offers are going to apply to me? Will the offers still be there Friday morning, I assume?

Edited by roothy123

How do you know about the group rate?

When I was asking about a particular cruise, she told me they had a group rate. However, Giving Thx wasn't combinable with it & I came out a little head by booking the regular rate w/15% off. I'm hoping that 123 is combinable w/the group rate. If you're looking for a 10-day, you may want to ask if they have any group rates around the time you want to go, but then also ask if it's combinable w/123.

Oh yes, it is confusing - and this is the only cruise line I've used that has had so many offers. Even my TA said the same thing! When I told him I was interested in a cruise last week, he said "I think I can get you something" better, but he really had no clue until he actually booked it. This is not the kind of guy who has no clue normally....

In any case, now I'm wondering if I should even look at the web site to see what the offer is, as I've already booked the cruise.

But if you're before FP you should be able to get a better deal, if available.

But if you're before FP you should be able to get a better deal, if available.

I made a deposit, but am before final payment. Think the fare showed up as "Gvg Thks" so I guess that's what I got.

Sorry if this has already been stated, but what were the offers this time last year, just in case they are the same this year? We don't care about the drinks (though will take them if they're really a good deal - well, a great deal) but I was wondering if they might offer something else we could use.

gdpups, can you PM me with which TA you used?

I know you didn't ask ME, but since I love our TA, I emailed you about ours, plus my experiences in trying to get the best deal. Check your Spam! Subject is "TA" I think, and my name is Ruth.

Edited by roothy123

Can someone give me an idea of how much an Irish coffee might be - more or less than the $8 allowed with the beverage package? Cappuchino would be included in beverage package, right (as a premium coffee)? Also, how much is a Coke, and how much is a bottle of water when you go ashore? I'm not much of a drinker (as you can see!) so I was wondering if I would make a dent in that beverage package.

Also, I have tried numerous times to look at the shore excursions for our cruise without being able to get there. I can get the shorex page but when I click on "more detail" I get nothing. I even logged in with no luck. Are the links broken, or do you have to have already made final payment or something screwy? The cruise is in March, so I am assuming the excursions are posted, but I can't get in there to look at them. Do they average maybe $50-$100 in the southern Caribbean?

Our cruise (7 nighter, Caribbean, Oceanview) is now $186 more than what we booked it for, so I'm wondering if re-booking is worthwhile.

Edited by roothy123

Ariawoman: Just wanted to report back. It looks like I was able to get the 123 under my TA's group rate. I say it "looks like" b/c she said she was rebooking it "under today's prevailing rate," but the price I'm paying is about $250 less than what the web site is showing & I'm almost positive it was the price she last quoted me as their group rate.

Ariawoman: Just wanted to report back. It looks like I was able to get the 123 under my TA's group rate. I say it "looks like" b/c she said she was rebooking it "under today's prevailing rate," but the price I'm paying is about $250 less than what the web site is showing & I'm almost positive it was the price she last quoted me as their group rate.

Just had my travel agent call just to see if it would benefit me, given I already have the PYP benefit and Facebook OBC, but do have a third person traveling with us. Not for now! With current rates, it would have cost 400 for 386 in benefits. Will continue to watch prices.

I'm trying to decide between the free pre paid gratitudes or the drink package. We are not big drinkers but would have wine with dinner and maybe a cocktail once in a while during a show I also like specialty coffees I'm not sure if they assign a dollar or daily value. I know how much pre paid gratuities would Save me on a 14 day cruise. My TA says the drink package is the better value but does it depend on how much you drink? Thanks, I'm new to Celebrity.

Last week we got an $85pp price drop on our March, 2014 cruise. Today the newest "offer" of the free gratuities (which we already got), OBC (which we also got) or the drink package also came with a $200 pp increase in price for our cabin!!

Makes me think of the old saying "There's no such thing as a free lunch." They hiked up the cabin price to cover the new goodies.

P.S. We don't drink alcohol so the drink package wouldn't be worth the higher room cost, but it might be worth it if you drink enough to make up the added cost.

I'm trying to decide between the free pre paid gratitudes or the drink package. We are not big drinkers but would have wine with dinner and maybe a cocktail once in a while during a show I also like specialty coffees I'm not sure if they assign a dollar or daily value. I know how much pre paid gratuities would Save me on a 14 day cruise. My TA says the drink package is the better value but does it depend on how much you drink? Thanks, I'm new to Celebrity.

The reason your TA says the drink package is the better value is the equivalent cost if you were to buy the drink package is in the order of $88 per day (for two), where the pre paid gratuities cost is in the order of $30 per day (for 2). The break-even point on which is better for you, is dependent on how much you spend on drinks. If, with wine, cocktails, specialty coffees and bottled waters you would likely spend over $30 per day for two of you, then the drinks package is the better deal. If you would spend less than that, take the pre-paid gratuities offer. Since there is no limit on the drinks package, I definitely take advantage of having more specialty coffees during the day and cocktails during the show than I would if I was paying for each one individually. So keep that in mind too - how your behaviour may change and your enjoyment of the cruise may increase just that little bit as a result of the choice. Either way, enjoy!

Just wanted to share my experience. We booked an Aug 2014 AK cruise under the Giving Thanks promo and I just added (directly with Celebrity) the 123 Go! promo. Luckily for us, the price was exactly the same for our cabin type (though it looks like it increased for the lower category balconies) so we're saving the full cost of the drink packages! We also are in the same room, which was a concern of mine.

I was also surprised at how short my wait time was to speak with an agent. She was super friendly and it took no time at all.

Two months ago I booked a Celebrity Suite on a November 2014 Panama Canal cruise. Wanting the drinks package in this 1-2-3 deal, I looked to see if there were any rooms in the same suite catagory (with the idea like many others have suggested of cancelling and re-booking). There happened to be ONE Celebrity Suite left on that same cruise however it was exactly $1000 MORE than it was when I booked it in September! (I have my invoice printed out in front of me, and looked very carefully) So that "free gift" would have cost me WAY more than I would have paid for it - please be very careful about cancelling and re-booking - that "gift" may cost you a lot extra in the end!

Since KoolforKatz had called and got the drinks package applied, I thought I should check and I called Celebrity too. Sure enough, if I wanted this promotion, I would have to cancel and re-book at the current rate, which is now $500 per person more (for a cruise that's ONE YEAR AWAY). He said the classic beverage package for this cruise is $614 per person. Yes, I guess it does qualify as a "gift" but still, look at the numbers - for a nearly $10,000 cruise (original price), it's just not worth paying another $1000, in order to save $228 - well, at least not for me... just saying...

I lucked out b/c the give thanks price for the cruise I'm going on was 519 for an oceanview room...I paid 549, so it was worth it for me to get the free gratuities and the drink package. If I had to shell out several hundred or thousands more to get the promo I wouldn't bother either.

I considered re-booking our Panama Canal cruise (2015) to also take advantage - my C1 has gone up enough that it wasn't worth doing - HOWEVER - I was able to book an awesome aft A1 (for Connie, Dec '14) short 5 nights and get the free Bev Pack and 25 Captain's Club Bonus points which will earn us 50 pts total putting us into Elite for the above mentioned Panama Canal cruise - so even though no Bev Pack on that cruise - we should be enjoying vouchers for the 1st time! :D

Edited by Jane2357

Our fare remained the same. Our TA was able to get the BEV123GO Package attached to our September 2014 cruise on the Summit to New England/Canada and our January 2015 cruise on the Solstice from New Zealand to Sydney. We were able to keep our $350 OBC from Future Cruise Sales for each cruise.

I called to check on our EQ 13 night Med cruise. We already had the drink package from a previous promotion but I wanted to see about adding the second perk and cruise points. There were no CS suites available for me to price out before I called. According to the Captain's Club rep the price of our stateroom had risen over $1000.00 so no go for us.