Looks like 1-2-3 Coming Back on Black Friday

lovestx

Not true, price for cruise was 2149$ before the Giving Thanks promotion, now it is 2409$ per person. So the price changed before the 123 promo, now they can give two perks for Europe cruise instead of one.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Prices on cruises change all the time. I was just trying to point out that the increase in price today in most cases was not in anticipation of 123 Go but the end of Giving Thanks.

My cruise for March 2015 has not change in price since I booked, and if that stays the same, I plan to call and add 123 go on Friday.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Prices on cruises change all the time. I was just trying to point out that the increase in price today in most cases was not in anticipation of 123 Go but the end of Giving Thanks.

My cruise for March 2015 has not change in price since I booked, and if that stays the same, I plan to call and add 123 go on Friday.

Will the 123 promotion be applicable to all Caribbean sailings? Only asking because there appears to be another promotion (Cyber Monday 2nd Dec) for Caribbean sailings :confused:? Can any TAs confirm either way as I am very interested in a particular Silhouette Caribbean cruise? Many thanks :).

I think you've suggested this as an explanation twice now. The base price of the cabin went up...in anticipation of 1-2-3...not because of the expiration of give thanks which was a percent off the base price. A fare that was $3000 is now $3200. It was $3000 less 10 or 15 percent during the give thanks sale...now it is $3200, not $3000....and they will give you the 1-2-3 perks. If they adjusted the prices due to the expiration of give thanks, they would LOWER the price....

I think you've suggested this as an explanation twice now. The base price of the cabin went up...in anticipation of 1-2-3...not because of the expiration of give thanks which was a percent off the base price. A fare that was $3000 is now $3200. It was $3000 less 10 or 15 percent during the give thanks sale...now it is $3200, not $3000....and they will give you the 1-2-3 perks. If they adjusted the prices due to the expiration of give thanks, they would LOWER the price....

I noticed the same thing as the other poster. The old rates from a day ago included the Thanksgiving sale, as soon as that was done they went up and no longer mentioned the special rate.

I think the prices have gone up because the 10% deal ( the one we had flyers in our cabins on Infinity for) finished yesterday( Nov3rd- 24th)

I think that's exactly it. Luckily for us, our fare + gratuities price is actually ~$8 more than the current going rate so fingers crossed it stays the same and come Friday, we'll get the perk and $8 in reduced fare! :D

Just booked an Alaska Cruise on the Solstice for next summer through a popular TA that starts with C. For oceanview and above, I was able to get prepaid gratuities PLUS either $200 OBC or the classic drink package. Drink package was a no-brainer for us.

Just booked my Caribbean cruise through that same TA and also got the drink pkg, plus gratuities plus a small obc, plus a reduced price for my cabin. I am one happy camper!

How are they able to book a cruise today with a promotion that starts Friday?

Exactly, won't actually be booked until Friday, but they have a preview sale. They are a very large online TA.

I still don't understand how they can quote a cabin price in advance.

And I can figure out for myself who this is. Celebrity can still change cabin pricing between now and Friday.

And I can figure out for myself who this is. Celebrity can still change cabin pricing between now and Friday.

This large, online cruise consortium most likely already "bought up" blocks of cabins, so they can offer it based on what they paid.

Just booked a January 2015 14 day cruise I've been watching since it came available last spring.

TA is HUGE and the price is signed, sealed and delivered.... don't know how, don't care... they have always come thru :D

Price has been rock steady, CS3 my online TA tossed in free grats plus $ 100.00 OBC and they have pre-arranged the free drink package. :p:D

I figure the freebies added up to just about $ 1,700.00!

My understanding is if you booked the cruise onboard and if you booked it from August 13th or thereabouts, you can combine it with one other promo, so You should be able to keep your OBC.

However, if like me, you booked a Passages before the August 2013 date, you

Cannot combine the 1,2,3 promo with the OBC offered by Celebrity but you would get any OBC that your TA gives you in addition to the promo

The old Passages didn't allow combining OBC from Celebrity and another promo

The newer Passages program DOES allow combining OBC with one other promo, but the OBC is not as plentiful as it once was

That is exactly correct. Very few people understand, or will accept, this.

Just booked a January 2015 14 day cruise I've been watching since it came available last spring.

TA is HUGE and the price is signed, sealed and delivered.... don't know how, don't care... they have always come thru :D

Price has been rock steady, CS3 my online TA tossed in free grats plus $ 100.00 OBC and they have pre-arranged the free drink package. :p:D

Well done.:D

This large, online cruise consortium most likely already "bought up" blocks of cabins, so they can offer it based on what they paid.

I just used an online TA that sounds similar to what others are alluding to. I wonder if I used the same TA?? They sent me an ad today regarding the 1,2,3, and they did give me an excellent price already on my cabin, way cheaper than anyone else. I am already getting an excellent price for my Aqua cabin plus paid gratuities, but their original quote gave me tons of OBC and pre-paid grats, but the fare was quoted much higher.

At any rate, it probably won't behoove me to cancel and rebook since the fares have increased by $250 pp for what we've booked.

Just booked my Caribbean cruise through that same TA and also got the drink pkg, plus gratuities plus a small obc, plus a reduced price for my cabin. I am one happy camper!

Just curious.

Have any of you booked specific cabins or just a cabin within a certain category?

Which cruise are you using for your example? I would like to understand it better.

I have been monitoring a cruise for some time and if I was logged it it always showed the discounted (-15%) price and then they are went up when the Giving Thanks expired.

Thanks

Which cruise are you using for your example? I would like to understand it better.

I have been monitoring a cruise for some time and if I was logged it it always showed the discounted (-15%) price and then they are went up when the Giving Thanks expired.

Thanks

We just booked a cruise about a week ago, and within 2 days after that our cruise took a hike in price of $250 pp whereas it had been holding steady for the preceding two weeks.

I do not agree, before Give thanks promo, the october 6th Reflection cruise was at 2300$, dropped down to 2000$ for give thanks promo and is now back up at price before 2319$ for ocean view. Same with our upcoming March 8th cruise.

"If they adjusted the prices due to the expiration of give thanks, they would LOWER the price...." ??? doesn't make sense, removing a 15% discount would raise the price not lower them....

Assuming the cruise cited above is for 10 days, that would rougly be a 550$ classic drink package if taken on its own, now 3200$ - 3000$ (price raise in "anticipation" of 123 go promo) is 200$, so a gain of 350$ for people (or loss for X) who would take the drink package, hell 350$ reduction on drink package x 2 = 700$ in savings...yeah count me in, LOVE IT.

I just used an online TA that sounds similar to what others are alluding to. I wonder if I used the same TA?? They sent me an ad today regarding the 1,2,3, and they did give me an excellent price already on my cabin, way cheaper than anyone else. I am already getting an excellent price for my Aqua cabin plus paid gratuities, but their original quote gave me tons of OBC and pre-paid grats, but the fare was quoted much higher.

At any rate, it probably won't behoove me to cancel and rebook since the fares have increased by $250 pp for what we've booked.

Good morning. Do you mind emailing me your TA name? lcsheppard@bellsouth.net Thanks!!

Just curious.

Have any of you booked specific cabins or just a cabin within a certain category?

Had my pick of cabins.

Perused with my online TA several categories and cabins before choosing C3 and our quiet location cabin. There were lots available and we picked one that we'd been in on the Equinox this past spring cruising the Med. :D

BTW the TA is one of the ones that advertises here on Cruise Critic http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/

Edited by A Sixth?

In the states Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving and is the official start to the Christmas shopping season. Stores open in the middle of the night or earlier and offer really low prices on some items.

To my knowledge this is the first time Celebrity is offering this type of sale pricing on cruises.

Had my pick of cabins.

Perused with my online TA several categories and cabins before choosing C3 and our quiet location cabin. There were lots available and we picked one that we'd been in on the Equinox this past spring cruising the Med. :D

BTW the TA is one of the ones that advertises here on Cruise Critic http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/

Thanks

We sailed with people last year who book with them and they said they could only pick category, NOT specific cabins. I'm really picky about cabin location so wrote them off.

May have to look at them in the future.

Thanks again.

Thanks

We sailed with people last year who book with them and they said they could only pick category, NOT specific cabins. I'm really picky about cabin location so wrote them off.

May have to look at them in the future.

Thanks again.

It likely depends, sometimes they have really good deals but they are specifically guarantee cabins, so that is likely what those people booked and couldn't take a specific cabin. I know once I called them about a deal, but that specific deal was only a guarantee. I know they also have good deals at times where you can pick cabins as well.