Looks like 1-2-3 Coming Back on Black Friday

lovestx

Which cruise are you using for your example? I would like to understand it better.

I have been monitoring a cruise for some time and if I was logged it it always showed the discounted (-15%) price and then they are went up when the Giving Thanks expired.

Thanks

That was that offer....the price of the cabin without the offer was $3000. When the offer expired, they didn't raise the price by 10/15%, they just took away the discount. Then they raised the normal price by $200 and they are or will be offering 1-2-3 based on that $3200 price.

That was that offer....the price of the cabin without the offer was $3000. When the offer expired, they didn't raise the price by 10/15%, they just took away the discount. Then they raised the normal price by $200 and they are or will be offering 1-2-3 based on that $3200 price.

The cruise I just booked was in 2015 and the 15% discount never applied to it.

Edited by A Sixth?

I think it would depend on what site you were looking at. Lots of websites didn't show the price before the 10/15% discount, only the discounted price so of course the result of the Thanksgiving sale ending would be that price going up. I don't know what Celebrity's site showed as they're fairly useless to search for cruises.

I think it would depend on what site you were looking at. Lots of websites didn't show the price before the 10/15% discount, only the discounted price so of course the result of the Thanksgiving sale ending would be that price going up. I don't know what Celebrity's site showed as they're fairly useless to search for cruises.

Just for ships and giggles I looked at the Christmas 2014 cruise just before the one I booked and the price is the same as it was BEFORE the 15%, or the same as it was under an earlier 123 offer.... :rolleyes:

If we are all talking about the same large online TA (starts with a C) they have blocks of cabins for their sale and I picked 2 specific cabins when I booked with them yesterday that I had selected in advance.

I wanted 2 Aqua class cabins, so over the weekend I was on the Celebrity site putting in different Aqua cabins to see if they were available, none were. Then I looked at the TA's website and guess where those cabins showed up! Looked like the TA had a huge block of cabins reserved for their sale.

Thanks, which cruise?

I know for a fact that one of the cruises that I was researching for 2015 which did not apply to the Giving Thanks program did not go up. I will see if it does before Friday.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Prices on cruises change all the time. I was just trying to point out that the increase in price today in most cases was not in anticipation of 123 Go but the end of Giving Thanks.

Yes it is quite natural that prices went up since Giving thanks promotion ended. However in some cases those also raised above (like ours) what the prices were before Giving thanks promotion and based on the comments in this discussion seems that the same thing happened also to some other passengers.

Does anyone know if 123 is combinable with TA group rates?

It has been in the past (used to be price codes GRPX and FSTA). It doesn't seem to say anything in the fine print about which codes the friday promo will be against, so potentially could be used against a group unless they clarify the price code needed.

It has been in the past (used to be price codes GRPX and FSTA). It doesn't seem to say anything in the fine print about which codes the friday promo will be against, so potentially could be used against a group unless they clarify the price code needed.

Thanks. Guess I'll just wait & see what happens Friday. This is the fine print, which seems to specify non-discounted standard cruise fare:

Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.”

Edited by RealDeal

Is it safe to assume No Transatlantics are eligible once again???

Excluded... see below.

To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Nov. 29, 2013 – Feb. 28, 2014 (the “Offer Period”) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between Feb. 2014 – Mar 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” The first two guests in a Qualifying Booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit (“OBC”). The first two guests in the stateroom must select the same options. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. All guests in the stateroom must book during the Offer Period. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Provide promo code BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities. For Europe 2014 cruises, provide promo code EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, promo code EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, promo code EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities. Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Free Gratuities for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. Onboard Credit option is one per stateroom and the amount is based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and one 38-minute internet package when booked in a triple or higher occupancy stateroom. Beverage package includes all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Upgrades to other Beverage packages are available for an additional charge plus beverage gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Internet usage terms apply. Register for internet access at I-lounge during the cruise. Additional Internet packages can be purchased onboard. Beverage Packages: Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Captain’s Club Member Offers apply to new individual bookings made Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2013. Classic Captain’s Club Members and above (“CC Members”) are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club points, for Aqua Class and above stateroom bookings. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014. To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises or book online at Celebritycruises.com and mention your promo code you choose. Trade: Group bookings that are named prior to the Offer Period cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer. All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offers exclude interior staterooms. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers are subject to availability and change without notice, and are capacity controlled. Offers not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offers based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions.

©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador. 13036107 • 11/2013

If we are all talking about the same large online TA (starts with a C) they have blocks of cabins for their sale and I picked 2 specific cabins when I booked with them yesterday that I had selected in advance.

I wanted 2 Aqua class cabins, so over the weekend I was on the Celebrity site putting in different Aqua cabins to see if they were available, none were. Then I looked at the TA's website and guess where those cabins showed up! Looked like the TA had a huge block of cabins reserved for their sale.

Can you give me another hint as to the name of the travel agency without getting our hands slapped?:confused: Thanks!!

Can you give me another hint as to the name of the travel agency without getting our hands slapped?:confused: Thanks!!

I just want to mention that there are "cons" to booking with this agency. One thing to be aware of is a $100 (for 2 ppl) cancellation fee.

Edited by RealDeal

In the past, has the 123 offer been for new bookings only?

I booked a cruise on board to get the OBC and I'm wondering if I may have just screwed myself.

I was told when I booked it I could add 123 on if it was offered, but I never believe anyone until I see it done.:eek:

When the first 123 promo came out we already had our Summit cruise booked. I called and all we had to do to get the free bev pkg was give up the $100 OBC we had. No brainer - bev pkg worth $88 per day vs a $100 OBC. We gave up the OBC in a heartbeat and took the free booze pkg.

Excluded... see below.

To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Nov. 29, 2013 – Feb. 28, 2014 (the “Offer Period”) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between Feb. 2014 – Mar 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” The first two guests in a Qualifying Booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit (“OBC”). The first two guests in the stateroom must select the same options. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. All guests in the stateroom must book during the Offer Period. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Provide promo code BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities. For Europe 2014 cruises, provide promo code EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, promo code EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, promo code EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities. Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Free Gratuities for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. Onboard Credit option is one per stateroom and the amount is based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package and one 38-minute internet package when booked in a triple or higher occupancy stateroom. Beverage package includes all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Upgrades to other Beverage packages are available for an additional charge plus beverage gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Internet usage terms apply. Register for internet access at I-lounge during the cruise. Additional Internet packages can be purchased onboard. Beverage Packages: Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth by the earlier of Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Captain’s Club Member Offers apply to new individual bookings made Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2013. Classic Captain’s Club Members and above (“CC Members”) are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club points, for Aqua Class and above stateroom bookings. Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014. To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises or book online at Celebritycruises.com and mention your promo code you choose. Trade: Group bookings that are named prior to the Offer Period cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer. All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offers exclude interior staterooms. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers are subject to availability and change without notice, and are capacity controlled. Offers not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offers based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offers. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions.

©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador. 13036107 • 11/2013

Hmmmm...I was told if we book the 1-2-3 promo while we're onboard in January we CAN combine 2 promos. Now I wonder.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hmmmm...I was told if we book the 1-2-3 promo while we're onboard in January we CAN combine 2 promos. Now I wonder.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, you should be able to. I realize this says not combinable w/other offers, but onboard booking IS combinable w/one other offer.

Actually during the thanksgiving Promo we were seeing prices WITH 10/15% discount (at the search cruises page), there was a green tag under the price and it said that price shown were with offer, validated by going through booking process.

Maybe as someone suggested different sites show different things. We use http://www.celebritycruises.com/home.do