Can't Book Excursions through Celebrity Website

chrismakris

Has anyone else had problems booking excursions through the Celebrity website?

Every time I pick a destination and hit the find button to look for what type of excursions they are offering, nothing comes up. all of the tabs stop working. The page seems to freeze. I have to go back to get out of the page.

Sounds like the exact same problem I am having. I really would like to book a tour excursion for San Juan, but am not able to reserve one. The site also freezes up with me. If anyone can shed some light on how to correct this problem, I sure would love to know.....thanks.

We have had to call Shore Excursions each time we want to book an excursion for our cruise. At least we can see the available excursions, we just can't book them. It always says "please make a deposit on your cruise so you can book this excursion". :rolleyes::confused: (our payments are up to date)

Typical of too many concerns so focused on the bottom line that they lose all focus. They are saving a few dollars on quality IT/web development, but how many times that are they losing in excursion sales/specialty restaurant sales/beverage package sales. I would hazard the loss to win ratio is probably in the 1000 to 1 ratio. And the worst part is, they don't have any real way of gauging the loss.

I have booked my current cruise through a TA. This is the first time I have done this as I usually booked directly through their website. Could this be a reason I cannot book shore excursions or anything else? I can get to online check-in only. I noticed the website I used to book my cruise has a page to book excursions etc. so maybe we all have to do it that way from now on. :confused:

It is a little frustrating. I would like to see what they offer but I can't even see that.

A little bit my fault for waiting so long to book though as we booked out January cruise almost a year out.

Might just have to book on the ship of things don't get straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't do anything with my reservation...When I called them about it today, they said a lot of reservations were having the same problems, and if I wished to purchase anything like beverage packages, excursions, etc, then call them and they would look after it. They also said that the situation would not change before my cruise.

I was having this problem and got quite frustrated. I tried using Chrome and Safari on my iPad, Safari on my iPhone, Chrome and Firefox on my laptop and nothing worked. I then gave in and tried Internet Explorer (9) on my laptop and that finally worked. It's frustrating to gave to go through that much trouble to gook excursions and other reservations within your booking.

Amy Olson

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just called Celebrity and was told the problem is related to Apple products. I asked how I could notify Celebrity about the problem, and was told, "Oh, they know!". I had been trying to book shore excursions, and the agent sent me a pdf with the excursion info, and said I should call to make the reservations! Amazingly poor service!

• 2 weeks later...
Was able to find a work around on my Mac by not logging in, clicking shore excursions, picking what I wanted and then logged in when prompted...just booked all three stops for our 1/11 cruise...

Tried this and it didn't work. Will just ask our TA for the info since I can't even see any choices.

Sue

We have had to call Shore Excursions each time we want to book an excursion for our cruise. At least we can see the available excursions, we just can't book them. It always says "please make a deposit on your cruise so you can book this excursion". :rolleyes::confused: (our payments are up to date)

We had the same issue. Our booking was showing status On Hold and that was the reason to it (eventhough deposit was paid). We called to Celebrity and they released the booking somehow.

And didn't use Apple product, so that wasn't the cause for us.