All Captain's Club members now get free Gelato...

Despegue

My problem with the homemade ice cream is that they don't have After 8 ice cream available EVERY DAY! It's all dependent upon the ice cream chef and I have to go EVERY day just to see if they have it. :D OMG, it's the best thing on the high seas...if you like chocolate mint...

For all Captain's Club members: FREE Gelato!

But does this mean that we get a voucher for one time or is it unlimited???

Despegue, I was on the phone with Captain's Club earlier this morning so I asked your question about how much gelato we are entitled to. It is a coupon for one serving per person per cruise.

I didn't even know Classic members got coupons.

We didn't receive any on the Eclipse last year.

We were probably supposed to get them, but our stateroom attendant didn't deliver them. He was so bad that he didn't even give us the debarkation instructions or luggage tags. We had to get them ourselves from the customer relations desk.

I did not like the free icecream they had on the ship but loved the Gelato.

I have never seen anyone buying the gelato. Perhaps if you sample it, you will buy more. Where I live, ice cream and candy shops always give you a piece or a spoonful taste. If you like it, you will buy more. I bought some chocolate candy this week for the holidays. I had intended to buy a pound as a gift. After sampling a chocolate covered pretzel, I bought some for me. It was so good...I will be back.

Redtravel - They WILL give you a taste if you ask. :D

Count me among those that LOVE the Gelato on the ship. I bought a scoop almost every day.

I'm excited for the coupon and even more excited that my husband is a vegan so I get his also!

Isn't it interesting what little things excite us? It's something I was happy to pay for (and still will) but such a nice little touch to get some coupons for it.

Despegue

I asked if you really expected it to be unlimited. After all, you were the one who asked the question in the first place.

I also never said YOUR comments were negative. Others have "made fun" of the offer.

A repeat my initial comment, if I were a Celebrity official- I would be angry as the offer appears to be a lose/ lose for them. They offer something that costs them $$ and folks complain. Sort of how some complain about the tote bags. Seems they might be better off not offering them at all .

M

Too true, if I had to rely on freebies to go on a cruise I think I would stay at home, We get the freebies however, rarely take advantage of them. Some people wouldn't be happy if the got a free cruise.

Gelato is all ships except the Century.:( We have a 15 night cruise on the Century in Jan... Did I mention that I love gelato and my husband does not care if he has any so I would have gotten 2..DARN!!!!

I was thinking the same!!! you bet I'm going to use his coupon!:):)

I love the gelato on the ship.

I'm guessing the coffees listed under the Elite+ benefits are also coupons.

Some one posted - on another thread - that they called the Captain's Club and the coffee drinks are unlimited. Which I still find hard to believe.

Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40795320&postcount=51

Cafe al Bacio is busy enough without giving out free cappuccino, espresso and lattes all day long.

Edited by CruisingChick

When I called to ask about the difference between "complimentary gelato" and "complimentary cappuccino" I was told that the gelato would be one coupon, but that the cappuccino would be connected to the SeaPass card -- it was unclear whether there would be a sticker, or embedded into the data strip that gets swiped, or whether just the designation Elite Plus on the card would be sufficient but yes, it appears to be unlimited Cappuccino, Caffe Latte, etc. for Elite Plus, and yes, it's going to be an incredible hassle. She also said that it would not be valid for room service. I don't think they realize what pressure that's going to put on the venues that serve the special espresso-based coffees.

Some one posted - on another thread - that they called the Captain's Club and the coffee drinks are unlimited. Which I still find hard to believe.

Cafe al Bacio is busy enough without giving out free cappuccino, espresso and lattes all day long.

It is always busy there especially with all of the drink packages. I would hope that we could substitute teas as we don't like coffee. I do expect a fair # of Elite + .. The wait will be long!

When I called to ask about the difference between "complimentary gelato" and "complimentary cappuccino" I was told that the gelato would be one coupon, but that the cappuccino would be connected to the SeaPass card -- it was unclear whether there would be a sticker, or embedded into the data strip that gets swiped, or whether just the designation Elite Plus on the card would be sufficient but yes, it appears to be unlimited Cappuccino, Caffe Latte, etc. for Elite Plus, and yes, it's going to be an incredible hassle. She also said that it would not be valid for room service. I don't think they realize what pressure that's going to put on the venues that serve the special espresso-based coffees.

Thanks for the explanation.

So now when we are in Bistro on 5 I can order a cappuccino and not have to pay for it.

Works for me!!!

Thanks for the explanation.

So now when we are in Bistro on 5 I can order a cappuccino and not have to pay for it.

Works for me!!!

It said something about not available from Room Service and either MDR or all restaurants. Either way Cafe El Bacio is just steps from Bistro on 5. ;)

How could you not like the "home-made" ice cream served on the ship? I'm not talking about the machine ice cream but the real stuff. Apparently a lot of cruisers like it also because the lines are always long. Please Celebrity...don't ever stop making it....

I took one bite of the ice cream and could not eat it but gave it to my husband because I do not like to be wasteful. Gelato, I had to purchase several times because it was so much better.

chamima, where did you see that the espresso-based beverages are not available in the dining room?

I have seen this on the website:

"In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus—delivering a high level of recognition with greater benefits including; discounts on beverages and specialty dining, unlimited complimentary cappuccinos and lattes, 200 free Internet minutes and much more."

So that is line with what I was told on the phone -- there is no limit on the number of beverages, but I wonder about any other limitations (other than no room service) as to locations where you can order them.

chamima, where did you see that the espresso-based beverages are not available in the dining room?

I have seen this on the website:

"In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus—delivering a high level of recognition with greater benefits including; discounts on beverages and specialty dining, unlimited complimentary cappuccinos and lattes, 200 free Internet minutes and much more."

So that is line with what I was told on the phone -- there is no limit on the number of beverages, but I wonder about any other limitations (other than no room service) as to locations where you can order them.

I am on Celebrity information overload.

I've read SO much in the last 4 days that I don't remember where I read it.

If I come across it again I'll post on here.

Sorry :(

Edited by chamima

Hi Cruisestitch,

I asked about this while onboard Eclipse. I was also told the capuccino etc. will be unlimited for Elite Plus and Zenith, and that coupons would not be issued. While there was some confusion as late as Thursday night about how it will work (should be interesting for those sailing the next couple of sailings LOL), the consensus was that for now, the Elite Plus or Zenith designation on your seapass card will be what they are looking for. We'll see what folks from this week's sailings have to say about this.

With that said, I also heard that "eventually", the plan is to load your Captains Club benefits directly onto your seapass card (similar to what we are hearing on RCCL), and the coupon sheet will disappear at some point.

Edited by Host Andy

My problem with the homemade ice cream is that they don't have After 8 ice cream available EVERY DAY! It's all dependent upon the ice cream chef and I have to go EVERY day just to see if they have it. :D OMG, it's the best thing on the high seas...if you like chocolate mint...

I agree, it is fab! As is the peanut butter and caramel

With that said, I also heard that "eventually", the plan is to load your Captains Club benefits directly onto your seapass card (similar to what we are hearing on RCCL), and the coupon sheet will disappear at some point.

In principle that would be a great idea. However, given Celebrity's IT Department's lackluster performance to date, the idea makes me cringe. Imagine having to spend a whole cruise having to try to straighten that out. :eek:

In principle that would be a great idea. However, given Celebrity's IT Department's lackluster performance to date, the idea makes me cringe. Imagine having to spend a whole cruise having to try to straighten that out. :eek:

I can't even book shore excursions today as the website is not working...I guess i'll give my money to someone else!

Agreed. If my experience on Jewel recently is typical, where absolutely nothing worked correctly on seapass card, it is going to be a disaster.

Please keep the coupons Celebrity.

I know Linda. I must say that I had the same thoughts. FWIW, I'm confident that Celebrity cares, and is trying to resolve the website issues. With that said, you have to wonder what it will take for Celebrity to throw in the towel, and build a new website (with state of the art hardware to support it) from the ground up. IMO, it's the only viable solution at this point.

I realize that building a new website is a huge financial pill to swallow.... but You would think that for what must be a significant amount of lost revenues over the past 2 years, and especially over the past 2 months, they could have paid for the new website with what was lost, and likely added millions of dollars of revenues with a new mindset and website.

The accountants may be winning the battle, but Celebrity is losing the war.

Edited by Host Andy