Coffee Card Question

dleighb

My husband is willing to get the coffee card to have freshly brewed coffee. He wants coffee after dinner and doesn't want the liquid concentrate stuff. If he gets one of the coffee cards that says it includes freshly brewed coffee throughout the cruise, does that include coffee in the dining rooms or is that only good at specialty coffee places?

Thank you!

My husband is willing to get the coffee card to have freshly brewed coffee. He wants coffee after dinner and doesn't want the liquid concentrate stuff. If he gets one of the coffee cards that says it includes freshly brewed coffee throughout the cruise, does that include coffee in the dining rooms or is that only good at specialty coffee places?

Thank you!

Can't use it for fresh brewed in the dining room.

I'm going on my first cruise in January and want to get the coffee card for myself and my husband. Do we just get it once on board or can we pre-purchase?

You can purchase it in onboard for a little over $33 (tip included) or can save a couple of dollars purchasing it through the gifts portion of the Princess website. I've never pre-purchased but have read that a card is in your cabin to exchange for your coffee card.

On a recent cruise when purchasing a coffee card at the IC you could get a nice insulated souvenir mug for $5. It's less than at the gift shop but we had to ask for it because it wasn't displayed.

I'm going on my first cruise in January and want to get the coffee card for myself and my husband. Do we just get it once on board or can we pre-purchase?
Either. No price difference. If you purchase it on board, just go to the Atrium and the International Cafe (or the Patisserie or Lobby Bar on those ships without an IC); you can also get one in the dining room or buffet.

Here's the link to pre-ordering the coffee card: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Either. No price difference. If you purchase it on board, just go to the Atrium and the International Cafe (or the Patisserie or Lobby Bar on those ships without an IC); you can also get one in the dining room or buffet.

Here's the link to pre-ordering the coffee card: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

That link shows it's $31 (tip included) ordering in advance & my last card purchased onboard was $33.35 ($29 + tip).

Edited by Astro Flyer

you can get a cappuccino or another specialty coffee in the dining room using your coffee card but not regular brewed coffee. Looking forward to sailing on the Royal next year to see if indeed the coffee is fresh brewed to save us a few bucks. I brought a one cup thermos type coffee maker with me this year to make coffee in the am so I didn't have to go all the way down for real coffee.

I just pre-purchased a coffee card for my 12/23 cruise on the Diamond. It was $31.00 total and everyone who has purchased it on board reports it's a few dollars more.

And in some ports, if you purchase it before the ship leaves, there is sales tax added.

I am buying a coffee card for my DH...where should I direct him to be able to get a fresh brewed coffee on the Ruby?

And from reading the other posts....he should get a specialty coffee while in the dining room so he would not get the concentration stuff....

Thanks for your guidance! :-)

Edited by Justprettynpink

I am buying a coffee card for my DH...where should I direct him to be able to get a fresh brewed coffee on the Ruby?

And from reading the other posts....he should get a specialty coffee while in the dining room so he would not get the concentration stuff....

Thanks for your guidance! :-)

You've got it & the International Café is the place to get brewed coffee.

There may be a delay in getting a specialty coffee in a dining room because a waiter has to go to the IC to place the order & then return with it which could result in a delay in getting dessert.