Black Friday Sale

Vict0riann

Holland America is having a sale from November 27 to December 1, according to Cruise Critic. I have checked our future cruises, and don't see any difference in price right now, but I'm going to check every day through the weekend. I suppose it's also an opportunity for them to lower prices, having taken away the explore4 promo.

Holland America is having a sale from November 27 to December 1, according to Cruise Critic. I have checked our future cruises, and don't see any difference in price right now, but I'm going to check every day through the weekend. I suppose it's also an opportunity for them to lower prices, having taken away the explore4 promo.

On the Dutch site, looking for the Europe cruises discounts, I have seen a couple more cruises then before. However, they are still over our budget, and I hadn't checked them before so unsure of how much they dropped in price.

I'm also going to keep checking.

We've never sailed with Princess, but I got an interesting email from them yesterday.

Purchase a Caribbean cruise on specified dates and get full credit for that amount off on a 2014 cruise. I don't think it was a special offer, but should be on their website.

I hope that HAL has equally good offers coming our way.

But to me the Princess offer said a lot about the Caribbean cruise season. I'm guessing that the mega ships are putting a dent in bookings.

Edited by tangerinebunny

We've never sailed with Princess, but I got an interesting email from them yesterday.

Purchase a Caribbean cruise on specified dates and get full credit for that amount off on a 2014 cruise. I don't think it was a special offer, but should be on their website.

But to me the Princess offer said a lot about the Caribbean cruise season. I'm guessing that the mega ships are putting a dent in bookings.

Interesting. I do cruise a lot with them and didn't get any such offer.

For the cruise I'm booked on in August 2014, they are offering onboard credit as part of this "sale". Up to $150 per cabin I believe.

That is for 4 or 5 day cruises ...

I got an email from Princess today for their Thanksgiving Sale. Offered best available in your category for lowest price, a bottle of wine, and a $25 on board credit to "treat yourself in the onboard boutiques or to a relaxing massage".

Really..... Princess only charges $25 for a massage???

The Thanksgiving/Canada Sale is really adding Ship Board Credit to the reservation. Prices are really not reduced with the exception of some sailings that are going within the next 8 weeks they have added a few more categories under Flash Sales for select sailings they want to push and sell quickly. Basically anything February and later prices are the same as they were earlier in the week just adding the Ship Board Credit. So definitely not likely to see much for any price reductions.

The Thanksgiving/Canada Sale is really adding Ship Board Credit to the reservation. Prices are really not reduced with the exception of some sailings that are going within the next 8 weeks they have added a few more categories under Flash Sales for select sailings they want to push and sell quickly. Basically anything February and later prices are the same as they were earlier in the week just adding the Ship Board Credit. So definitely not likely to see much for any price reductions.

Funny how my price tracking site sent me. A email with the price gone down $3 than in 2 hours up $3. Who controls this price movement ? Softwares I bet. But a month ago I got an email for price gone down $310 pp called my TA. Got the discount. Then I got another email within 24 hours that price gone up to where it was up $310. Amazing stuff!

After reading this forum, I went to my TA's web site and received a quote to take us from an Oceanview to a Balcony - "VC" class for $100.00 total for both of us. Not advertised on their web page, but a pop-up screen suggested I submit my E-mail for "specials". Two minutes later received an offer of $400, (total), reduction for this class of stateroom.

AMEX platinum OBC? what is that ..

If you book your cruise with an American Express Platinum Card and you TA participates you get some benefits such as $300 OBC if you Re in a suite or a two category upgrade if in an OV or higher, a PG dinner and an invite to the captains cocktail party and a bottle of champagne in your room.

It must be the card that you pay for, not the one from Costco.

Terri

Lisa,

Is it also combinable with AMEX platinum OBC?

Terri

AMEX platinum OBC? what is that ..

Hi Terri' date=' yes it is combinable with Amex. OBC. Let me explain a bit more about the Amex credit. You must pay deposit and final payment with a Platinum or Centurion American Express Card (non branded). With that benefit if you book any category under a Suite you receive a 2 category Upgrade within that type of cabins so if you book a VA Balcony you pay the price of the VC but you cannot for instance pay the price of a VA and get a SS. Although if you book a Vista Suite or Signature Suite or higher you will get $300.00 Ship Board Credit and Pinnacle Grill dinner for the first night. Often HAL will not allow this benefit when booking a Flash Rate.

Now the Party you mentioned is totally different American Express sets up Groups with Cruise Lines much like any travel agency can do but any of their participating agencies under American Express can also get this benefit for people who book with them. This benefit may be a hosted American Express Party by a Host from American Express and Hosted Shore Excursions and or Ship Board Credit. Using the American Express card does not guarantee you getting invited the the Captain's VIP party.

You are correct that the card cannot be a branded Platinum Card such as Costco or Delta Sky Miles it has to be issued directly from American Express. [/size']