Booking Accommodation Overseas

Gaznjo

I have been looking at some of the online companies that sell accommodation Overseas like Wotif does...

I am booking a night in cape town at a hotel that other friends will be staying at ... I can get a good price with otel.com but they get crappy reviews ... Priceline is looking good.

I know in the US they use them a lot, would we be good to go here too...

joanne

I have been looking at some of the online companies that sell accommodation Overseas like Wotif does...

I am booking a night in cape town at a hotel that other friends will be staying at ... I can get a good price with otel.com but they get crappy reviews ... Priceline is looking good.

joanne

Not sure whether this information helps BUT I have used bookings.com a few times and also searched thru hotels combined to get the right price, but recently for our Europe trip early in the New Year, I booked some accommodation thru Qantas on line. I was pleasantly surprised to find the price as good as anything that I could get thru the on lines sites, but it was in Aust dollars and not euros or US. This meant I knew what I was paying and did not have currency fees for using the CC. On the downside, they do required full payment at the time of booking whereas bookings.com you can pay (sometimes) at check-in.

I have not booked thru Priceline, but in the instance quoted above, I found Qantas hotels to be of similar prices.

Hope this helps. Cheryle

I use booking.com I have used them for a couple of overseas trips and they have been fine.

Yes I use Booking.com a lot, generally no deposits and free cancellation. Their prices are competitive.

Hotels Combined is also good, it takes you to a number of booking sites and hotel chains.

Edited by NSWP

joanne

We have used PL for many years for US accomm. (The bidding system has been fantastic for us everywhere around the states). It's a bit of fun if you start playing with it with early in your planning stages. Never had a bad hotel with PL, but had a few early probs with HWire which caused us to stick exclusively with PL. Accuracy of the description for "name your own price" has always been better than expectation.

Have also used PL in Europe UK and Ireland, with no probs but the best deals have been USA. (seems due to deals they have set up with the chains)

Have fun.

Sue and Phil

We find that Booking.com has a good range and then check it out on the hotels own web site and you will see the difference Also if there is a special offer from the hotel after you have booked you can ask Booking.com to meet it and they will You do not pay until you get to the hotel and it is free cancellation in most cases

We will be in UK next April/May, recently picked up some £29 per night rooms with http://www.premierinn.com Not in all their locations, you just need to check prices. There are some 700 Premier Inns across UK and Ireland.

We have stayed in Premier Inns before in UK, quite acceptable 3 star accommodation and they always have a pub restaurant attached, e.g. Brewers Fayre, Harvester etc for meals sometimes on promo 2 meals for £10. We generally use the Premier Inn has a touring base say for 4 nights, they are not resorts by any means but they do what it says on the can.

Forwarded for information of those visiting 'Mother England.'

Edited by NSWP

Another fan here of Booking.com. Have used them for several years in NZ and overseas. Have booked this year apartment in Florence, hotel in Venice and they were great. Booked one apartment in Rome with Rental in Rome and it was a disaster. So, we looked up Booking.com and booked a hotel nearby on the i-pad and we were out of there! Will never stray again:o

I always book suites at 5 star hotels for added luxury and security. Better to be safe than sorry. I have done contiki before where members have left all their valuables in cheap rooms only to have them stolen. Suffered at the hands of cheap hotels turning off the hot water supply overnight to conserve power and only turning it on mid morning after people depart. Over time and years I have learnt the hard way it is better to fork out the cash to have nothing go wrong rather than to do it cheap and have things go wrong. That way I am always happy and always smiling on my holiday knowing that I am in good hands.

Hello

I have used ratestogo.com a number of times. (owned by booking.com) have sent you an email with a link for 15% discount

John

John I tried rates to go for the hotel we wanted but there were no rooms available :-(

Personally, while I will use booking sites to research what's available, I never use them to book - I always book directly with the hotel. A lot of chains have some form of best rate guarantee, sometimes offering a discount (20-25%) if you find a lower rate than what's on their website, some (IHG) offering the first night free.