Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

I really enjoyed 'Colors of the World'. And I actually like the digital screen at the back of the stage, which to me is much better than changing a bunch of stage props.

After watching the Champagne Waterfall, I headed up to the Trident Grill BBQ and had two pulled pork sandwiches and a bowl of chili. About the exact time I sat down to eat, 'Star Trek Into Darkness' started (love that movie) and on the giant Movies Under the Stars it looked pretty amazing.

The ship is still bouncing head-on into some nice waves and the water in the pool was sloshing around big time. We ran into a brief downpour, but other than that the movie and food were great.

11317371893_e914679b65_c.jpg

11317371973_5c5937fceb_c.jpg

11317372493_6c9544f355_c.jpg

Aboard Royal Princess this week there are 3,427 passengers (364 Elite, 873 Platinum, 409 Ruby, 709 Gold, and 1072 first timers), and of that 49 are kids, the breakdown of the kids clubs is as follows:

3-7 year olds (19)

8-12 year olds (19)

13-17 year olds (11)

The Counselors did say that next week there are 200+ kids aboard, and for Christmas week 700+ kids.

While up on there I also stopped in the Platinum Studio, which does portrait studio pictures and it was quite nice. The guy the runs it, Nikola, is really friendly and we talked for a short while.

Dinner at Sabatini's was very nice, with wonderful food and conversation, as was our pre-dinner get together in Vines where I had ordered a 'Charlotte Amalie Ice Tea'. I thought it would look like a New England Ice Tea but it didn't. For dinner I had the twice baked artichoke soufflé in castelrosso cheese sauce, pasta with clams, garlic infused shrimp, and white chocolate mousse with limoncello cream. It was all quite tasty. Also had a glass of Malbec, although I'm not sure if it was the correct wine to have with that dinner (?) but it was good anyway.

Our group of 12 has also received written confirmation for the Wine Makers Table on Friday, the evening we leave St. Thomas.

Tonight, which is the night leaving Princess Cays, is when clocks go ahead one hour, and the Captain came over saying the seas may be a little bouncy, but he said that last week too. We'll have to see how Royal Princess rides tonight.

Full Sea Day tomorrow. Yeah!!! :D

Holy Moly 200+ kids this Sunday coming???? oh my 10yr old will be sooo happy!!!!

I blame Kristin (macusr) for the Brownie Blast with Nutella ice cream. OMG!

Hah - I TOLD YOU! But I do have to give credit where credit is due - the suggestion to substitute in Nutella came from the person(s) behind the Princess Twitter account. So I took their suggestion and as you experienced, it was amazeballs!

Good morning - thank you for another beautiful photo to add to my "Dave Album." :)

It is great that you've now been able to dock at both Crown Bay and Havensight. Looks like St. Thomas will be a packed port once all the ships arrive.

Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your excursion. Kay

Welcome to St. Thomas!

11322154894_134b0b6aa2_c.jpg

Hi Dave --

Have you had the opportunity to read all of the sayings on the elevator floors yet? It was amazing to discover that most folks do not pay attention and were not even aware they were there. Some are very thought provoking.

Enjoy your day.

I'm not exactly new to cruising but new to Cruise Critic. Have been following your posts and just have to say Thank You for doing this. We cruise on the Ruby over Christmas and reading these posts has been a lot of fun and I'm so excited for our own "mini" cruise. - Sandi

Hi Dave --

Have you had the opportunity to read all of the sayings on the elevator floors yet? It was amazing to discover that most folks do not pay attention and were not even aware they were there. Some are very thought provoking.

Enjoy your day.

I thought so too, which is why I posted many of them on my 30 day Live Sept/Oct.