Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

I just ran into Sam our Cruise Director, and expressed to her that she and her husband had been in our thoughts and prayers for the past week. She is officially back on board as of today, and her husband released from the hospital this past Monday, is also aboard. He will be flying home once the ship docks back in Florida.

I just wanted to Thank you again Dave for taking us along on your Royal Journey. You have helped a lot of people with your honest opinions, observations & fabulous pictures of the ship. Because of you, I think many people have changed their minds about what the Royal has to offer and will be eager to sail her or her sister ship. We will be boarding the Ruby on Saturday and sure wish we could see her along side in FLL but unfortunately you won't be back until Sunday. It's been great fun following along, Thanks Again!!

Andrea

~~~~~~~

11337825386_ae7c7ca58b_c.jpg

11337825836_e4fbb16c85_c.jpg

11337826196_2d008b72f6_b.jpg

11337826686_9c09d7f95e_b.jpg

I am one of those fortunate people (red on the right in first photo, on the left in second) who was able to share the Winemaker's Dinner with Dave and friends. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it for those who can. Franco, our head waiter (I prefer, Master of Ceremonies) kept us well informed about each dish and each glass of wine. We ended the evening (which was over two hours) with Lemoncello! But the best was the company!

I am one of those fortunate people (red on the right in first photo, on the left in second) who was able to share the Winemaker's Dinner with Dave and friends. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it for those who can. Franco, our head waiter (I prefer, Master of Ceremonies) kept us well informed about each dish and each glass of wine. We ended the evening (which was over two hours) with Lemoncello! But the best was the company!

We enjoyed a Winemakers Dinner very much & thanks for the view of a different menu. My hope is that Princess will expand this great experience fleetwide. Just as they have the Chef's Table without the Royal's Lumiere circle of lights on other ship's, I see no reason to not have the Winemakers Dinner on ships without the Royal's "wine cellar". :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Dave;

Just had a chance to review your Wine Maker's Dinner pictures. Looks like you had a great time. I'm also glad to see that Franco is officially a head waiter. He was outstanding when he was working at Alfredo's....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Lunch was in Alfredo's, and I really enjoyed the Antipasto Mari e Monti and Pizza Hawaiiana. In a rare move, I actually skipped desert.

After that I went off the ship to get a few pictures, but Security would not allow access to anything aft of amidships as that part of the pier was closed to general pedestrian traffic. Sorry I couldn't get any pictures of the stern area stateroom balconies.

Had one of the Gelato sundaes with alcohol, the Irish Sundae (vanilla ice cream, irish cream and whipped cream), and it was really good.

Also happen to be in the atrium when they were doing the formal portrait of the ships entertainment staff. It made for a pretty cool picture.

Watched Allure of the Seas sail away, then headed down to the Princess Theater for the comedian Carlos Oscar, who was very, very funny.

Dinner was again two pulled-pork sandwiches, then watched the Hot Latin Nights dance party. Wished the ships dancers had performed longer. It was still a lot if fun to watch.

Two more sea days and it's all over. :(

11347563223_848975cda8_c.jpg

11347563263_89906f0822_c.jpg

11347563283_5d71156782_c.jpg

Thanks again for taking us along. After our cruise was over, I still had yours to look forward too!!

Your photos have been marvelous. You have the eye for sure. You showed me things I never saw in 19 days! Must be why we are going to book the 20 day Caribbean Explorer in April 2015. We need to get back on the Royal. :D

By the way, you had the one wine dinner menu we didn't have. There are three in all and they are all fabulous.

Cheers, Denise

Well Dave you cruise is winding down and ours is winding up. I know you had a great time and I hope you enjoyed it as much as all of us enjoyed your daily reports. You really helped all of us in understanding more about the ship and it tells me that we made the right choice ! I will look for you Sunday and maybe our paths will cross !

Hi Dave - hope you had a wonderful day in St. Maarten - you certainly took some beautiful pictures.

I'm curious - what is the occasion - I recognize a few people, and like that the female dancers on the floor are so nicely posed with those long legs. Thanks - Kay

P.S. Enjoy your last Sea Day :)

11347749933_cb1dc4a1bb_c.jpg

Thanks again for taking us along. After our cruise was over, I still had yours to look forward too!!

Your photos have been marvelous. You have the eye for sure. You showed me things I never saw in 19 days! Must be why we are going to book the 20 day Caribbean Explorer in April 2015. We need to get back on the Royal. :D

By the way, you had the one wine dinner menu we didn't have. There are three in all and they are all fabulous.

Cheers, Denise

Denise what were the other two?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Dave - hope you had a wonderful day in St. Maarten - you certainly took some beautiful pictures.

Kay

P.S. Enjoy your last Sea Day :)

Make that your last two Sea Days - so much for posting in the middle of the night! Our itinerary was flipped with our two sea days first, thanks to the nasty Bahamas weather, and my brain was confused.

Busy day with lots of activities like vegetable carving demonstrations, bingo, dance classes, trivia, lectures, and oddly enough, a Mr. Sexy Legs Contest. I will not be a contestant.

On tap we also have our Royal Afternoon Tea, then dinner reservations at the Crown Grill.

I'm still trying to decide where lunch will be. Lots of choices.

Tonight we set our clocks back one hour.

Princess Live! Breakfast snacks

11354063073_7312798012_c.jpg

Carving Demonstration

11354020794_aaa7333e3e_c.jpg

11354063543_a7ebbef773_c.jpg

11354063553_22f3fa1f0c_c.jpg

11354064113_87bc94d286_c.jpg

11347749933_cb1dc4a1bb_c.jpg

I'm curious - what is the occasion - I recognize a few people' date=' and like that the female dancers on the floor are so nicely posed with those long legs. Thanks - Kay

P.S. Enjoy your last Sea Day :)[/quote']From an earlier post by Dave.

Also happen to be in the atrium when they were doing the formal portrait of the ships entertainment staff. It made for a pretty cool picture.
Edited by IECalCruiser

Dave,

Really enjoying your pictures and commentary about the Royal. Looks like you are having a great time.

Unless Princess has changed what is on the in-room TV's I'm guessing you are not getting current weather conditions. Pass along to some of your friends that getting home on Sunday might be challenging. Big winter storm coming out of Texas today and moving up the East Coast through the weekend. From the Great Lakes to upper New England predictions of 2-8 inches possible with more once lake effect kicks in. Wintery Mix south of Indianapolis stretching toward New York City. Some areas from Upper New York state to Maine could see 12 inches by Sunday evening. Ft. Lauderdale Sunday morning is predicting mid 70"s and 30% chance of thunderstorms.

I hate to be a party pooper but you guys are going to get a hard smack of reality when you get home. I wish everyone safe travel home on Sunday.

Marty

Unless Princess has changed what is on the in-room TV's I'm guessing you are not getting current weather conditions.
It's been widely discussed: the Royal's TV system is quite different with a lot of additional features plus there's the intranet for those with smart phones. Easy to get a wide range of movies on demand, news, information, weather, etc... but you have to turn on the TV or phone first. :)

The other two wine dinners were:

#1 Panko Coated Fried Tiger Shrimp, Consumme Celestine, Classic Revival Steak Diane (prepared tableside) and a Chocolate Hazelnut pudding. Both white and red wines were French.

#2 was the Mondavi Dinner which featured wines from Sicily inspired by Michael Mondavi. I can't remember the appetizer but the soup was to die for a White Bean and Langoustine Veloute, Gnocchi finished tableside, Tenderloin of Filet with DemiGlaze and Black Truffles, can't remember dessert either except there was a lot of it! LOL.

These dinners are worth every penny. The company, atmosphere and food leave nothing lacking!!!

Cheers, Denise

The other two wine dinners were:

#1 Panko Coated Fried Tiger Shrimp' date=' Consumme Celestine, Classic Revival Steak Diane (prepared tableside) and a Chocolate Hazelnut pudding. Both white and red wines were French.

#2 was the Mondavi Dinner which featured wines from Sicily inspired by Michael Mondavi. I can't remember the appetizer but the soup was to die for a White Bean and Langoustine Veloute, Gnocchi finished tableside, Tenderloin of Filet with DemiGlaze and Black Truffles, can't remember dessert either except there was a lot of it! LOL.

These dinners are worth every penny. The company, atmosphere and food leave nothing lacking!!!

Cheers, Denise[/quote']

Here's the Michael Mondavi menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939851

Edited by Astro Flyer