Can we get a Wedding Dress Steamed on the first day?

dcarter4

Hey All!

I could post this on the Wedding Forum...but this question is specific to Celebrity Constellation.

We are going on a destination wedding in March. The wedding will take place on the second cruise day (in the Bahamas).

Question: Can my future wife have her dress sent to be steamed the day

we leave port (so it's ready by the next morning)?

Our wedding isn't until 2pm....but she will need it before then!??

TIA

Dwayne

Hey All!

I could post this on the Wedding Forum...but this question is specific to Celebrity Constellation.

We are going on a destination wedding in March. The wedding will take place on the second cruise day (in the Bahamas).

Question: Can my future wife have her dress sent to be steamed the day

we leave port (so it's ready by the next morning)?

Our wedding isn't until 2pm....but she will need it before then!??

TIA

Dwayne

I don't think you would have an issue -- just explain when you need it. We've always had excellent service and results when sending clothes out to the cleaners onboard.

If you are concerned, pack it very carefully using tissue paper and hang it in the bathroom with the door closed, hot shower running to steam out any residual wrinkles. Even a little downy wrinkle release sprayed very carefully might be of help.

Long shot but is anyone sailing with you that could get the dress down to the port without flying? That would minimize wrinkle, and is what I'm doing this weekend actually. My dress is currently on it's way to florida with my uncle and I'll be reunited with it on friday LOL.

Good luck!

Hmmm...

So far...I have don't trust them....to...yes it's ok.

What I'm looking for...is CAN we even send it out the first night, for delivery

tomorrow??

If we know we can...then we need to worry if we can trust them?

Any help bribing anyone? We aren't in a suite (yet...still hoping)..if we were...we would start with the Suite Butler.

More thoughts?!

P.S. This is our second wedding...and my wife ordered the dress from China!

We're note cheap...but we didn't want you to thinks this was a $ 10,000 Vera Wang dress or something!!:D

It arrived like this.....so.....

dress.jpg

Dwayne

Are you flying direct to the ship? Could you get the dress steamed in port the day before? This is such a special occasion that you really don't want to take any chances with an irreplaceable dress. [because the last thing you want is to get the bride steamed. :D:D:D]

Hmmm...

So far...I have don't trust them....to...yes it's ok.

What I'm looking for...is CAN we even send it out the first night, for delivery

tomorrow??

If we know we can...then we need to worry if we can trust them?

Any help bribing anyone? We aren't in a suite (yet...still hoping)..if we were...we would start with the Suite Butler.

More thoughts?!

P.S. This is our second wedding...and my wife ordered the dress from China!

We're note cheap...but we didn't want you to thinks this was a $ 10,000 Vera Wang dress or something!!:D

It arrived like this.....so.....

dress.jpg

Dwayne

Funny Dwayne!!! Congratulations on your wedding, I think humor is really important on a marriage!! Kept us going for 20 years!! We also took a cruise for our honeymoon, great way to start your life together!:):)

Either get the dress steamed the day before the cruise or the morning of embarkation then hand carry.

Agreed. We flew to our wedding. I had the dress steamed at home at a cleaners. They stuffed it with some paper & put it in a heavy duty bag. I then carried it on the plane and asked the flight attendant to hang it in the closet (I explained that it was my wedding dress). Most flight attendants will help out if you ask nicely :). I just hung it in the shower before the wedding, and it was in really good shape for the wedding.

Hey All!!!

Thanks for all the advice!!

As is our custom...we are flying in a day before the ship leaves.

We are staying at the Marriott...and Kel works for Marriott....so...she going to contact them about a quick steam....then carry it on the ship the next day!

Thanks so much for your thoughts!!

If you are up for a laugh...ready my ongoing post on this forum (under the wedding tab). I am writing a "diary" about the planning of our destination wedding...from a guys point of view:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1930867&page=1

Enjoy!

Dwayne