RCL Wow and Celebrity 123 Promo

Anyone else less enthused by these to promotions. Its the same with the Carnival Australia one offering a lot of OBC but pricing for the cruise remains high.

I rather see some discounted fares and scrap all the promos like OBC and 123 type from Celebrity.

I guess you have to do your numbers but it these so-called sales are not as they seem.

I guess they've crunched the numbers and figure it's more profitable for them to give credit and packages etc than to actually discount fares.

I know it's actually more valuable to book now with the credit on Carnival than when they had an actual 'discount' sale because they dropped the fares by around $200-300 in the sale but now they're offering $400 OBC which assuming you would spend this onboard anyway it works out better value in the long term.

In saying this, I would genuinely prefer to just be able to pay less to begin with :) It just seems like they never discount to quite the same level of money value that they do with these other promos.

Carnival has some really hot fares going for around March-April, especially if you're interested in a balcony!

Anyone else less enthused by these to promotions. Its the same with the Carnival Australia one offering a lot of OBC but pricing for the cruise remains high.

I rather see some discounted fares and scrap all the promos like OBC and 123 type from Celebrity.

I guess you have to do your numbers but it these so-called sales are not as they seem.

These promos have always been this way.

They're there as icing on the cake. They don't run promos to reduce the price. The price will fall based on demand.

These promos have always been this way.

They're there as icing on the cake. They don't run promos to reduce the price. The price will fall based on demand.

Yeah. I know all about supply and demand :D

I know they only trying to lure people in with the big OBC.

We just returned off the Radiance and were looking to book another cruise onboard, lured by the $100 deposit per person. However when I looked online that evening I could get the cruise $200 cheaper than the price they were quoting. Makes me suspicious, so we didn't book. I think I can get a better price if I shop around.

Ultimately it is the final price that you pay that is the true cost. So if I have to pay a bit extra up front I don't mind, as I feel it is more important to get the better deal.

I was a bit sad to find out you can't accrue points on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean as one identity. I was that close to booking Celebrity Solstice until I found that out.

Did you know that if you book Junior Suite and above you acrrue 2 points per night, not just one. In some cases this could be worthwhile.

Ally

We just returned off the Radiance and were looking to book another cruise onboard, lured by the $100 deposit per person. However when I looked online that evening I could get the cruise $200 cheaper than the price they were quoting. Makes me suspicious, so we didn't book. I think I can get a better price if I shop around.

You could have bought a Next Cruise Certificate on board, and then either booked your next cruise with RC or transferred it to a TA (within 60 days), online or otherwise. The $100 you paid would be your full deposit for the cruise you book, and depending on the length of your cruise you would receive OBC for your cruise - money for nothing for me, not a misleading deal at all. I bought 3 NCC's and have now booked 3 cruises with a TA, and will have US$450 OBC - for free :D

Happy cruising

Sometimes there is a good deal to go along with the promo but the best advice is to research the cruises you like and shop around but look at the total package of fares, taxes, fees, promos, etc.. When a good deal comes along grab it.:D

I am checking out all the deals at present on cruises, particularly RCCL, for carribbean in august. I am not sure if the current deals are good or not, as we have only cruised once before. I am just wondering if any kiwi or aussie cruises are managing to book through cruise critic or other internet based operators? the deals are still so much cheaper than the price we have been quoted in NZ. :eek: Don't know if the prices offered on the deals have to have tax added or not.

I am checking out all the deals at present on cruises, particularly RCCL, for carribbean in august. I am not sure if the current deals are good or not, as we have only cruised once before. I am just wondering if any kiwi or aussie cruises are managing to book through cruise critic or other internet based operators? the deals are still so much cheaper than the price we have been quoted in NZ. :eek: Don't know if the prices offered on the deals have to have tax added or not.

With Royal Caribbean booking site you will be automatically re directed to the Aus/NZ site which includes all taxes in the advertised price.

With USA based travel agents the taxes are not shown.

Usually CC advertised specials are with US travel agents and do not include taxes.

For an idea how it works log onto Carnivial USA site as they do not re direct you to the Aus/NZ site, you will see the advertised price jumps up as soon as you do a mock booking. Carnival USA site is very easy to negotiate around for a mock booking.

You can do a mock booking with all the big USA cruise T/A,s and you will notice the price start to go up as you choose cabin and taxes are added.

I have noticed that RCI cruise base prices out of Florida have been quite high for June July and August, I think this is because they have the Biggest Newest Ships in Florida?

Caribbean cruises are the cheapest out of Galveston Texas and New Orleans at the moment:)

As metioned by Fishtaco, the taxes are not in the US TAs advertised prices. :D

I think the 1-2-3 is great. I've just booked for the Xmas 2014 cruise. The prices on Xmas cruises never go down, only up, so the added bonus of a drinks package for my wife and I, plus a non-alco for my son is a bonus worth some $1300 to us. Far more than a little bit of OBC like other lines give.

I think the 1-2-3 is great. I've just booked for the Xmas 2014 cruise. The prices on Xmas cruises never go down, only up, so the added bonus of a drinks package for my wife and I, plus a non-alco for my son is a bonus worth some $1300 to us. Far more than a little bit of OBC like other lines give.

Great grab, well done.:D

We'd made a booking last week (prior to the announcement) on a very popular 2014 Med cruise through a US TA. he advised today that he had secured the Classic Beverage package for us ($88 a day) plus $200 OBC. And the price didnt go up.

We'd made a booking last week (prior to the announcement) on a very popular 2014 Med cruise through a US TA. he advised today that he had secured the Classic Beverage package for us ($88 a day) plus $200 OBC. And the price didnt go up.

That is good work by your TA to do that without request.:D

Good that you've seen the value of the bonus.