Double standard dress code

I also never really understood the problem with breasts in public. Maybe as a gay man I don't care about seeing them, well because I don't care about seeing them. I guess the problem is that they are seen as a sexual object by American men so therefor they have to be covered?

I just don't see how it is "dirty" or "immoral" for a woman to sunbathe topless.

It's like people who think that movies and TV are too violent and "dirty" because they show moderate sexual scenes or drug use; but that western's showing multiple people gunned down and hanged or whatever else are "clean and righteous".

/rant

I also never really understood the problem with breasts in public. Maybe as a gay man I don't care about seeing them, well because I don't care about seeing them. I guess the problem is that they are seen as a sexual object by American men so therefor they have to be covered?

I just don't see how it is "dirty" or "immoral" for a woman to sunbathe topless.

It's like people who think that movies and TV are too violent and "dirty" because they show moderate sexual scenes or drug use; but that western's showing multiple people gunned down and hanged or whatever else are "clean and righteous".

/rant

Usually because the only women who go topless are the ones who need to stay covered.

No one wants to see her breasts hanging to her knees. IMO

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

While on our cruise on the Oasis, I was reading while my husband was playing miniature golf.

There was a couple there, obviously of Latin decent judging by the accents. They looked to be in their mid to late 40's. She had on a bikini that uncovered more than it covered and he had on a speedo.

I'm not a prude or opposed to bikinis, but when you have as much cottage cheese on her thighs as she had and boob overhang...makes me wonder what some women see when or if they look in the mirror. It was so bad that an old man on a scooter even made faces when he saw her...and NOT a good face either.

So I understand some peoples preference that the women cover more.

Usually because the only women who go topless are the ones who need to stay covered.

No one wants to see her breasts hanging to her knees. IMO

While on our cruise on the Oasis, I was reading while my husband was playing miniature golf.

There was a couple there, obviously of Latin decent judging by the accents. They looked to be in their mid to late 40's. She had on a bikini that uncovered more than it covered and he had on a speedo.

I'm not a prude or opposed to bikinis, but when you have as much cottage cheese on her thighs as she had and boob overhang...makes me wonder what some women see when or if they look in the mirror. It was so bad that an old man on a scooter even made faces when he saw her...and NOT a good face either.

So I understand some peoples preference that the women cover more.

Judge much?:cool:

How hard can it be for men to act and dress like gentlemen instead of crying like little girls. Put on a pair of pants, a polo shirt and boat shoes, instant resort casual. I promise you will not be uncomfortable and might actually have some pride in your appearance. Oh by the way as far as pride in appearance I am no longer "fat" Paul.

Edited by Fat Paul

Try to picture "bubble wrap" under the skin!!:p

Remember the trans-Atlantic from Santos to Lisbon? Big, very overweight women in tiny bikinis. I've never seen so much cellulite in my life, it was scary. And then the overweight guys, with the big overhangs, in speedos that made them look naked when seen from the front.

Reminds me of the story of the overweight woman that decided to commit suicide by shooting herself in the heart. So she asked her doctor where her heart was. He said about one inch below the left nipple. She shot herself in her left kneecap.

What is the rationale on the double standard dress code between men and women in the mdr for breakfast? Men are not allowed to wear a sleeveless shirt, but women are allowed in with tank tops, sleeveless tops, bathing suit cover ups, etc.

What's wrong with a nice looking woman in a tank top?:rolleyes:

Nice to see all the people with perfect bodies posting about cellulite and overweight people needing to cover up. ;)

Not many of us look like we did when we were 18 :cool:

Alas, I digress, this post is supposed to be about dining room dress code double standards.

Remember the trans-Atlantic from Santos to Lisbon? Big, very overweight women in tiny bikinis. I've never seen so much cellulite in my life, it was scary. And then the overweight guys, with the big overhangs, in speedos that made them look naked when seen from the front.

Reminds me of the story of the overweight woman that decided to commit suicide by shooting herself in the heart. So she asked her doctor where her heart was. He said about one inch below the left nipple. She shot herself in her left kneecap.

Do I ever. That was the reason I posted bubble wrap.:D

Happy Holidays to you, moneypenny and your entire clan!!

How hard can it be for men to act and dress like gentlemen instead of crying like little girls. Put on a pair of pants, a polo shirt and boat shoes, instant resort casual. I promise you will not be uncomfortable and might actually have some pride in your appearance. Oh by the way as far as pride in appearance I am no longer "fat" Paul.

Paul, time for a name change?