Any Plans for 2014?

Lois R

Hi folks:).....so, is 2014 bringing you any solo cruises?:D

I am going on an 8 nighter on Celebrity Century in February.....:D

We have an awesome roll call going.......lots of friendly folks and

going to new ports as well (well, new for me;)) St Barts and Grand

Turk...after 10 years of cruising I have never been to either place.

Have 2 folks I am sharing a dinner table with and we all like late seating

so that should be fun as well!....we like a large table so hopefully we

will have other friendly folks there.

Trying to count but I know this will be near my 40th something solo

cruise......love it!

So, anyone else have plans for 2014?:D

I've taken a couple of years off to focus on other things, but hope to get back into it in 2014. :-)

Thinking about something to the South Pacific or maybe a full 'round the world. Obviously, this will take some planning! :-)

Thinking about it, may do a last minute out of Charleston SC on Fantasy if price is right....need a new car this year so very little $$ for a cruise. I keep checking for best rates on the 5 and 7 days. Some good deals for solo cruiser who can just drop everything to cruise in a couple of weeks....hope it stays that way throughout 2014.

After having to cancel my last 2 cruises because of the work program I got accepted into, I have something booked for November...well after the program concludes. Nothing like being on a boat to just detox all the negative things the things in my reality throw my way.

If I can sneak some time in my schedule for a 4-5 day cruise after the program concludes at the end of July to celebrate, I will do that as well.

I have two sailings booked for March (8 Night Bahamas cruise on the Explorer of the Seas) and October (7 Night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Jewel of the Seas).

I'm not concentrating on the Oct one too much as it has a strong possibility of being cancelled, but I'm almost at the 100 day mark for my Explorer cruise and I got an amazing price for an aft balcony so I'm really looking forward to it :D

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I am going on an 8 nighter on Celebrity Century in February.....:D

We have an awesome roll call going.......lots of friendly folks and

going to new ports as well (well, new for me;)) St Barts and Grand

Turk...after 10 years of cruising I have never been to either place.

Have 2 folks I am sharing a dinner table with and we all like late seating

so that should be fun as well!....we like a large table so hopefully we

will have other friendly folks there.

Trying to count but I know this will be near my 40th something solo

cruise......love it!

So, anyone else have plans for 2014?:D

Hi Lois. I'm doing an 11-day Southern Caribbean on Holland America's Noordam at the end of January. I actually did the same cruise last year, but I was sick for a good portion of it so this is my do-over, for which I'm hoping to stay healthy this time! :D

Sailing on the Equinox transatlantic April 14th. Started off as a solo cruise, but a buddy of mine decided to join in. Then it's the Equinox 11 day Panama/Central America cruise Nov. 10th solo. I'm hoping the OP decides to book it as well. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;) :D)

Tony

Edited by tgmtgm

I am sailing Dec 30 but with family and also in April (with hubby).

But I'm planning a northern Europe cruise which will be my first solo cruise (but not my first solo travel experience). I'm waiting until last minute and will book the cheapest (sailing June or July). Once that's booked I will plan the other 3-4 weeks in Europe around that.

2014 will bring my long planned and long awaited round the world voyage. Although going solo I have met so many great people on my roll call, I don't feel like I am going alone.

Scrapnana

I'm going solo on the Queen Victoria World Voyage. I agree, met some great and helpful people on our roll call.

Have a great time and don't forget to wave as our two ships pass in the night between Sydney & Brisbane.

Don

Sailing on the Equinox transatlantic April 14th. Started off as a solo cruise, but a buddy of mine decided to join in. Then it's the Equinox 11 day Panama/Central America cruise Nov. 10th solo. I'm hoping the OP decides to book it as well. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;) :D)

Tony

Hi Tony:D

Going on Celebrity Constellation in February with some co-workers. Have the same ship booked for next December but will probably cancel. In September I have one of the single cabins on Pride of America booked but I'll be traveling with family and friends.

I want to do a spring Transatlantic but hoping the prices go down. I did one in April and loved it. If the transatlantic doesn't come through I'll do the Carnival Magic in October.

Hi Lois, I don't have anything planned yet but I do hope to sneak in some cruising next year. I try to get a couple in a year just for the rest & relaxation but I like to surprise myself so I don't plan too far ahead. If I book one over 90 days out it is a miracle. I like new ports so I will probably look towards Europe, the south Pacfic or South America. Maybe 2014 will be the year I finally try Celebrity and find out if I enjoy it as much as you do. Neil

Scrapnana

I'm going solo on the Queen Victoria World Voyage. I agree, met some great and helpful people on our roll call.

Have a great time and don't forget to wave as our two ships pass in the night between Sydney & Brisbane.

Don

I do hope we will be close enough that the ships can toot at each other!

Nothing definite yet, but I am leaning towards a southern caribbean itinerary for late fall next year. I have not been to several of the islands offered, so I am still debating which cruise to take. :)

Edited by janetlm

In 2014 I plan to sew my own clothing, eat beans and rice (or ask kindly friends to provide meals), resole my own shoes, and possibly spend time on street corners begging for dimes. So far, we have three cruises and an extensive road trip booked...DH retired recently and I am beginning to wonder why we even have a house when it is obvious we would prefer to be elsewhere (like on an ocean or river).

Hello Neil - and fellow solo travelers -- I enjoyed my first solo cruises last spring (Neil- met you on the Norwegian Jewel) that I took a big plunge and will be going on a Rotterdam to Singapore cruise in January (37 days). I hope I meet as many wonderful people as I did on my earlier trip. -- Julie

Hello Neil - and fellow solo travelers -- I enjoyed my first solo cruises last spring (Neil- met you on the Norwegian Jewel) that I took a big plunge and will be going on a Rotterdam to Singapore cruise in January (37 days). I hope I meet as many wonderful people as I did on my earlier trip. -- Julie

Hi Julie, I did a TA on the Rotterdam a couple years ago. They had a great crew on that ship so I think they will take good care of you. That should be a great cruise. I can't get away for that long becaue of that silly hobby called work. Trivia will be harder on Hal but if you find a good team you can have some fun. The triva questions are geared more towards an older and more traveled group than the general knowledge questions we had on NCL.

It was nice meeting you on the Jewl last May. Have a great trip. Neil