0ASIS of the Seas Dec. 7-14 blog and review

Greetings Cruise Critics, I may not get to post much while onboard due to slow tablet and internet speeds, however, expect a fairly detailed and (at least upon my return) picture-laden blog and review of my cruise which starts in just a few hours!

Right now I am in a port view room at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, watching the amazing pre-dawn dance of the giant cruise ships. So far I have seen X and Princess sail in, turn in a perfect circle and back into the dock; Oasis is waiting in the wings... (or perhaps already docked on the far side of the terminal... ships seem to be "parked" facing in all directions... I count 7 ships right now all together.

Off for a morning run before I sign up for my 11am cruise transport (must line up at 9am)... then a little more relaxing at the hotel before I'm off on my first cruise on OASIS (though as you can see I've done a few other cruises in the past:)

More soon...

Can't wait for your review, pls tell us how the food is in the main dining room, or if you tried specialty dining, also what cabin are you in, also, can you ask about the unlimited internet, when will that be available? Happy Cruising :)

Bon Voyage!! We will watch you sail away today from the webcam... and see you return live on Saturday from our hotel room!!

Have a great trip!

You will keep me entertained before I board the Allure next Sunday!!

Edited by Pebbles468

Greetings Cruise Critics, I may not get to post much while onboard due to slow tablet and internet speeds, however, expect a fairly detailed and (at least upon my return) picture-laden blog and review of my cruise which starts in just a few hours!

Right now I am in a port view room at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, watching the amazing pre-dawn dance of the giant cruise ships. So far I have seen X and Princess sail in, turn in a perfect circle and back into the dock; Oasis is waiting in the wings... (or perhaps already docked on the far side of the terminal... ships seem to be "parked" facing in all directions... I count 7 ships right now all together.

Off for a morning run before I sign up for my 11am cruise transport (must line up at 9am)... then a little more relaxing at the hotel before I'm off on my first cruise on OASIS (though as you can see I've done a few other cruises in the past:)

More soon...

Can you see the ships from the Hilton? Our first time staying there. Always used Pier 66. We have an inter coastal suite. Sailing Oasis 1/25/2013!! :)

Denise have fun on Oasis. If you remember can you check out the two menus in 150 Central Park for your sailing. We are on her in 12 weeks March 1 and always enjoy my 150 Central Park dining experiences. Thanks

Normally when I follow a thread like this I get a little sad because the OP is sailing and we are not. But not this time......

We are on the biggest ship in the world Tomorrow.

Yea.

We will watch you sail away tomorrow.. Keep her in good shape as we board after you come off!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my friends, so sorry for the LOONG delay between teaser and posting... and there will be a longer delay still... who knew it was "hard" to cruise in December?? I'm trying to catch up at work after trying to catch up for the holidays... but it was an AMAZING cruise, and I'll be sharing LOTS of stories and photos... get ready to cruise along!!!

Hello my friends, so sorry for the LOONG delay between teaser and posting... and there will be a longer delay still... who knew it was "hard" to cruise in December?? I'm trying to catch up at work after trying to catch up for the holidays... but it was an AMAZING cruise, and I'll be sharing LOTS of stories and photos... get ready to cruise along!!!

Nice! Looking forward to your review.