Favorite Food Item From Last Cruise?

Susie B.

There are lots of foods I enjoy on board but there are only two items I can think of that are made as good, or better, on Celebrity than I've had anyplace else.

The first is rack of lamb. They have a seasoning on theirs that is just great. I love the rack of lamb in the MDR or specialty restaurants. Since I've had this on Celebrity I've tried rack of lamb in a few really high end restaurants around Chicago and have always been disappointed as it never has the flavoring that Celebrity comes up with.

The second is the Steak Diane served at Muranos, or the M class equivalent restaurants. This is not on the regular menu but is sometimes added as a special. I hadn't had steak Diane like this in many years and it is always fantastic on the ship with a very nice tableside preparation. Unfortunately it is also a bit rich as they use a lot of butter so I can't have too much or too often.

creme brule, bread sticks and onion soup when it has onions in it (yes, it really varies....sometimes you get zero onions and I am not exaggerating....sometimes you get so many onions there's no soup...but when they get it right, it's wonderful).

I went to the deli and had a pastrami sandwich. I forgot how good they were. :p;):D

Hi:)...what ship has a deli on board? Celebrity doesn't have Deli's

on board their ships.

but just off the Century (3rd cruise on board in 13 months) and the food was just terrible....not just our opinion...but expressed by all the CC members we encountered! One possible reason????...they said the "old chef and the new chef" were both on board....resulting in....really, really bad food. The only good dinner was T-Day ...and it was excellent. Why they could not produce this type of meal every other night/day I don't understand. I love X...and have sailed many ships, many times...and will continue to do so. But (after our next cruise on Infinity this up-coming Feb in SA) the food is the same...I may have to consider paying more for Blu...or ???? Bailing...food is not the most important thing to me on a cruise...but I certainly expect it to be OK...and TBH...it was not. Hate to say it...but have to report what we and many other CCers found on board! LuAnn

Just finished a cruise, stayed in Aqua class.

Top appetizer would be the Soft shell crab, I was temped to order a few and turn them into a main.

The boneless shank was amazing it was wrapped in crisp bacon to hold it together.

The lobster was excellent, best I have had on a ship it was served in the shell but in a broth.

I agree vis-a-vis the soft shell crab and lobster.

The Porch for the pulled pork (they call it the piggy something) and the roast beef w/ chipotle aioli.

MDR:

rack of lamb.

Bread.

And they recently had vastly improved eggs benedict.

The chocolate ice cream. Better than that at the buffet or the gelato.

Chicken liver pistachio parfait (OK that might not bowl a lot of ppl over but I loved it)

Kale salad

Mast Grill: Hot dog. Juicy and not all dried out and wrinkled. Decent burger too.

Murano: Venison---rare. And they had a really nice chicken mousse amuse bouche.

Room service at 2 in the AM: Spaghetti Bolognese :D w/ cookies and cold milk

MDR on Eclipse - the prime rib on the first night on board - utterly delicious!

Every night we had the appetizer that was the crab stuffed mushrooms. French Onion soup is always good.

In the alternative restaurants there are too many things that are great.

Even though I had a very negative experience in Blu, I definitely think the best dish I got on Summit was their BLU Cheese Soufflé. It was incredible. And I am not a fan of blue cheese.

At Qsine, I LOVED the spring rolls. :)