Suite AND Elite

Kentchikan

It's nice getting the 2 set-ups. Last year, ours was waiting for us both times but I can see how it might be over-looked. We got 4 of them within a week (2 suites, 2 Elites for 2 short cruises). Felt like a total lush having all that liquor around and carrying off what we couldn't finish! :D

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
sp

It's nice getting the 2 set-ups. Last year, ours was waiting for us both times but I can see how it might be over-looked. We got 4 of them within a week (2 suites, 2 Elites for 2 short cruises). Felt like a total lush having all that liquor around and carrying off what we couldn't finish! :D

This is what's going to happen with us January 13th; suite, elite and only a 5 night cruise. I am going to turn in one of the setups for two coffee cards.

We were given an explanation on the Emerald this year as to why they don't deliver both the Elite and the Suite setups upon Embarkation.

Room Service indicated that most people change out items - so they don't bring the second one right away. It is easier on Room Service and you get exactly what you want.

Makes perfect sense and it was nice to get the explanation. As we know each ship may do things differently, but this seems like a great solution.

Yes, room service is who you call. That makes perfect sense as to why they don't bring both at once! We have never gotten both setups in the beginning, so that's interesting some have. Been in many suites since they started this also. Always end up changing out the setup too.

We had an upsell to a suite on our Baltic cruise in June. DD was with us and we traded the second set up for the two coffee cards. DD doesn't drink, but she was very happy because she could get her vanilla soy latte fix every morning :)

We booked a suite on one of the 4 day "free" cruises this coming January on the Sapphire. We haven't decided yet whether to trade one for a bottle of wine or two coffee cards. Might do the coffee cards because we will be on the Regal in September and the punches can be used at Gelato.

We had an upsell to a suite on our Baltic cruise in June. DD was with us and we traded the second set up for the two coffee cards. DD doesn't drink, but she was very happy because she could get her vanilla soy latte fix every morning :)

We booked a suite on one of the 4 day "free" cruises this coming January on the Sapphire. We haven't decided yet whether to trade one for a bottle of wine or two coffee cards. Might do the coffee cards because we will be on the Regal in September and the punches can be used at Gelato.

Take the coffee cards; much better value. Besides which, wine choices are poor.

I have heard you can use a punch for crepes as well! Yum!

I have heard you can use a punch for crepes as well! Yum!

Where are there crepes?

Oh and to the person who aked if you got two set-ups on a 5 day - we were on a 3 day in November and got both set ups!

Edited by chamima

Take the coffee cards; much better value. Besides which, wine choices are poor.
You only drink whites but we have found the Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon to be pretty good. I only drink tea and DW only drinks the fresh brewed coffee. She can use the punches to get Americanos but we already have over 40 punches on left over cards :eek: Maybe they will leave the ship and date empty so we can use for our cruise on the Grand or the Regal later in 2014.

You only drink whites but we have found the Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon to be pretty good. I only drink tea and DW only drinks the fresh brewed coffee. She can use the punches to get Americanos but we already have over 40 punches on left over cards :eek: Maybe they will leave the ship and date empty so we can use for our cruise on the Grand or the Regal later in 2014.

Mine were empty when room service delivered them. Good luck. BTW, Mike drinks red (when he has to) and he doesn't care for Kendall Jackson red or white.

Kendall Jackson Sauv Blanc is not bad, but that wasn't a choice.

Edited by Pia1913