How do I know which dock to go to - Port Everglades

jetstorm

I'll be boarding the Crown Princess in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 21st. How can I find out which dock the ship will be at?

If you're driving, there will be signage indicating berth number and directions after you pass the security checkpoint. If you're taking a taxi or hotel shuttle, they'll know where to go.

Lew

I'll be boarding the Crown Princess in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 21st. How can I find out which dock the ship will be at?

You can check the port dock assignments about 1 week in advance at this site:

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

However, the other posters are correct in that the location can change all the way up until the day of docking, so the signs when entering should always be checked.

Hi-

You can find your pier two weeks before sailing from http://www.porteverglades.net, under "Ship Schedule."

Princess typically leaves from the North Port, which is the furthest from the Port Everglades entrance (i.e., requires the most amount of drive time). Also, it can get very congested. Right now, there's also a lot of construction at the port, making it even more challenging.

So, I would suggest that you leave as much time as possible for getting there and parking. - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

Hi-

You can find your pier two weeks before sailing from http://www.porteverglades.net, under "Ship Schedule."

Princess typically leaves from the North Port, which is the furthest from the Port Everglades entrance (i.e., requires the most amount of drive time). Also, it can get very congested. Right now, there's also a lot of construction at the port, making it even more challenging.

So, I would suggest that you leave as much time as possible for getting there and parking. - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

Leave very early and be prepared for extremely long lines at the security entrances to Port Everglades, have all your ID's ready to show. All of the cruise lines will have their holiday cruises going out. You will read about record numbers of people boarding cruise ships on the 21st in the Sun Sentinel. There will be more than one Princess ship in port so you could be at #2, #21, or anywhere - just look at the signs when you enter. Everything is very well marked. Pack your patience. :)

PS: if your ship is at berth #2, use the north entrance to the port (at the end of SR 84) and it's not as busy, and #2 will be right ahead of you.

Should have given more info. in my original post. We won't be driving. We'll take a hotel shuttle or taxi to the port. I just wondered how they will know which dock to go to when we near the port or if we will need to know which one to tell them. What time should we plan on arriving at the port for a 4pm sail away. I know Princess gives us suggested times but we'd like to board as soon as possible to avoid the lines that tend to back up with the everyone else arriving around noon.

Should have given more info. in my original post. We won't be driving. We'll take a hotel shuttle or taxi to the port. I just wondered how they will know which dock to go to when we near the port or if we will need to know which one to tell them. What time should we plan on arriving at the port for a 4pm sail away. I know Princess gives us suggested times but we'd like to board as soon as possible to avoid the lines that tend to back up with the everyone else arriving around noon.

There will be signs as you line up to go through port security of where each ship is docked. All of the taxi and shuttle drivers know this like the back of their hand.

You will not avoid lines unless you board later in the afternoon. Everyone wants to get on board "first". If you want to avoid lines, get there after 1 or 2 pm and you won't have any lines. :)

What's the earliest you can arrive and be sure there will be porters there to take our luggage? We'll be taking a cab from the Embassy Suites on 17th St. I don't mind waiting until they start boarding but I'm hoping to improve our chances of getting loungers in the Sanctuary for the full cruise. BTW, we're Platinum if that means anything.

Thanks,

What's the earliest you can arrive and be sure there will be porters there to take our luggage? We'll be taking a cab from the Embassy Suites on 17th St. I don't mind waiting until they start boarding but I'm hoping to improve our chances of getting loungers in the Sanctuary for the full cruise. BTW, we're Platinum if that means anything.

Thanks,

The porters will be accepting luggage as early as 10 AM, but you will then have to wait on an exterior line until they start to let you inside. Platinum gets priority boarding, but I doubt it gets you into the Elite lounge. Then again, maybe it does. Boarding usually begins in the 11:45 time slot and Elites and suites go first.

Edited by Pia1913

Thanks,

Porters will be there from the time the ship docks at the port, but as Princess has all the cabins ready for you before boarding, you will not be able to get on the ship until all cabins are ready. Platinum..me too..only gives you usually a quicker time to check in, and a different area to wait for boarding, does not always give you any priority boarding time. I doubt you will have any problem getting into the Sanctuary.

Porters will be there from the time the ship docks at the port...

True, but porters will not be available to assist embarking passengers with their luggage until disembarking passengers are off the ship.

Lew

Porters will be there from the time the ship docks at the port, but as Princess has all the cabins ready for you before boarding, you will not be able to get on the ship until all cabins are ready. Platinum..me too..only gives you usually a quicker time to check in, and a different area to wait for boarding, does not always give you any priority boarding time. I doubt you will have any problem getting into the Sanctuary.

True, but porters will not be available to assist embarking passengers with their luggage until disembarking passengers are off the ship.

Lew

So, would getting there at 10:30 be OK? Again, I don't mind hanging out until boarding begins. Any idea what time the Priority Boarding area will be established?

Thanks,

SO I looked at the schedule and the Island Princess is also in port with you that day. The Princess "home" berth is 2, in the northport, nearest the 17th St Bridge. There is a possibility that the Island may get berth 2 and you would most likely be in the mid-port. More typically, the Grand Class/bigger Princess ships get the priority at 2 because the shoreside facility is better designed to meet the needs of the larger passenger loads. Depending upon where you're approaching the port from, you will likely be able to see your ship.

SO I looked at the schedule and the Island Princess is also in port with you that day. The Princess "home" berth is 2' date=' in the northport, nearest the 17th St Bridge. There is a possibility that the Island may get berth 2 and you would most likely be in the mid-port. More typically, the Grand Class/bigger Princess ships get the priority at 2 because the shoreside facility is better designed to meet the needs of the larger passenger loads. Depending upon where you're approaching the port from, you will likely be able to see your ship.[/quote']

Thank you for this very helpful post. I'm sure it will benefit many others as well as our travel group. I can always depend on cruise critic folks to answer my questions.