25 bonus points?????

Bluebury

Right, please do not shout.

I am sure the answer is somewhere but I cannot find it. I read (I think) that for a short period of time if you book a cruise you get additional points in addition to those that you get under the new scheme. I think that the number was 25 and that there are some restrictions but I cannot remember.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Thanks Kevinyork, we are based in the UK so if I book a 7 day cruise in an ordinary balcony cabin - we will get 14 new points plus 25 bonus points bringing the total to 39 captains club points - is that correct?

This is the USA info from Celebrity website. State room must be Aqua or above

Special 123Go! offer for Captain's Club members

Enjoy 25 Bonus Club Points and 50% Reduced Deposits.

First, receive 25 bonus Club Points** in addition to the usual Club Points you earn when you book November 29—December 31, 2013, in an AquaClass® or above stateroom.

Second, enjoy 50% reduced deposits* when you book. It's our way of saying "thank you" for sailing with us again.

**Captain's Club offer is valid for Classic tier members and above.

Choose from these incredible offers

FREE Beverage Packages

Receive a Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us

FREE

Gratuities

Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit

up to $300

per stateroom

Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings

Thanks Kevinyork, we are based in the UK so if I book a 7 day cruise in an ordinary balcony cabin - we will get 14 new points plus 25 bonus points bringing the total to 39 captains club points - is that correct?

Im on the App so cannot see your location but yes the 123 promo if booked in the UK has the extra points.

Ive read that it applies to all qualifying 123Go Promo bookings in the UK and to all qualifying 123Go Promo bookings in Aquaclass and above bookings made in the US.

But, if the price went up on an existing booking you would have to pay the differance (at least in the US). We could add the points to one of our bookings but at a cost of $800.00.

Just taken a look at the small print on the UK website and it says Aqua Class and above are eligible for the extra 25 points.

Does anyone know whether C1 counts as 'above' Aqua Class. We are looking to book a C1 on Century, which doesn't have Aqua Class and I know on the last couple of sailings we've done Aqua cabins have been cheaper than C1's

Just taken a look at the small print on the UK website and it says Aqua Class and above are eligible for the extra 25 points.

Does anyone know whether C1 counts as 'above' Aqua Class. We are looking to book a C1 on Century, which doesn't have Aqua Class and I know on the last couple of sailings we've done Aqua cabins have been cheaper than C1's

Sorry, but C1 is 'below' Aqua class.

You sure you went to the UK site.

Just taken a look and it doesnt say Aqua and above on the UK site. Only the US site.

http://celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

You sure you went to the UK site.

Just taken a look and it doesnt say Aqua and above on the UK site. Only the US site.

http://celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

It would also appear that the cruise has to be eligible for 123go, for the 25 points to kick in. That, I guess means I do not need to rush at booking a transatlantic before the end of the year. (not on the 123go list). The devil is always in the detail. !! see http://celebritycruises.co.uk/images/123Go%20Sailings_tcm20-47253.pdf for applicable 123go deals per the UK site.

Edited by roygg

It would also appear that the cruise has to be eligible for 123go, for the 25 points to kick in. That, I guess means I do not need to rush at booking a transatlantic before the end of the year. (not on the 123go list). The devil is always in the detail. !! see http://celebritycruises.co.uk/images/123Go%20Sailings_tcm20-47253.pdf for applicable 123go deals per the UK site.

Hence my post earlier...

Ive read that it applies to all qualifying 123Go Promo bookings in the UK and to all qualifying 123Go Promo bookings in Aquaclass and above bookings made in the US.[/

Interesting that they award bonus points for some bookings but not for people who had already paid for a future cruise in full that would have pushed them over the Elite line.:D

Agree with that.

Also interesting that the US site states 25 points for AQ and above whereas the UK site is for all bookings. Knowing how inept the website designers are it's probably an error on their part and some time soon they'll be scrambling around to change the T&C's on the UK site. In the meantime I've taken a screenshot showing today's date and that 25 points applies to all bookings. Thanks again to Kevin for pointing it out ;)

Interesting that they award bonus points for some bookings but not for people who had already paid for a future cruise in full that would have pushed them over the Elite line.:D

Probably because they are looking for new bookings. Those that have already booked would not be considered a new booking, unless you cancel and then rebook. I would guess their decision has nothing to do with your Captain's Club tier.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Probably because they are looking for new bookings. Those that have already booked would not be considered a new booking, unless you cancel and then rebook. I would guess their decision has nothing to do with your Captain's Club tier.

That is true. It is just that they drew lines in the sand for the people who were already commited to X but then make exceptions for new bookings. I think it is the sign of the times with a lot of businesses, it is all about turnover in the immediate future and not so much about customer satisfaction in the longer term.:D

According to Celebrity UK, per phone, 25 points is applicable to new bookings of non 123go cruises for Captain Club members.

According to Celebrity UK, per phone, 25 points is applicable to new bookings of non 123go cruises for Captain Club members.

Yet another example of people on the end of the phone not knowing the full facts.

Copied from the UK website:

CRUISE DEALS

1, 2, 3, GO!

So much is already included in the price of your cruise. But this incredible offer will help to make it extra special.

Simply choose two of the following offers for any European cruises, or one offer for sailings outside of Europe, then enter the applicable promotional code from the table below when you make your booking online.*

What’s more, if you are a Captain’s Club Loyalty Programme member you can enjoy a bonus 25 club points when you book before 31st December 2013 - to redeem these bonus points, you must enter your membership number when booking.*

Edited by Bobal

Yet another example of people on the end of the phone not knowing the full facts.

Copied from the UK website:

CRUISE DEALS

1, 2, 3, GO!

So much is already included in the price of your cruise. But this incredible offer will help to make it extra special.

Simply choose two of the following offers for any European cruises, or one offer for sailings outside of Europe, then enter the applicable promotional code from the table below when you make your booking online.*

What’s more, if you are a Captain’s Club Loyalty Programme member you can enjoy a bonus 25 club points when you book before 31st December 2013 - to redeem these bonus points, you must enter your membership number when booking.*

Or a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? It has always been a case of 'Ask the same question to three differing staff and get three different answers'.:D