2 people in a balcony..

bruinswin222

So my husband and I want to book a balcony room. It's over 200 more per person for a balcony as opposed to an inside room. Wouldn't it make sense if we booked separately, one paid for an inside room, one paid for a balcony, then just use the balcony room together and inside room would be unattended? It would save us $200. Does this make sense and has anyone done this or thought of this?

Never been on cruise before but someone correct me if I'm wrong most cruise ship rooms are booked by minimum of two so you have to both book a interior room or both book a balcony. Some cruise lines have rooms for singles.but as far as balcony room that 200 $ is worth it if you plan on being in a room quite a bit on a longer cruise..nice to have natural sunlight

The problem with your plan is that the price you are looking at is per person DOUBLE occupancy. If there is one passenger in a cabin, that person will have to pay a single supplement. The rate varies by cruise line and sailing, but range for about 125% to 200%.

So my husband and I want to book a balcony room. It's over 200 more per person for a balcony as opposed to an inside room. Wouldn't it make sense if we booked separately, one paid for an inside room, one paid for a balcony, then just use the balcony room together and inside room would be unattended? It would save us $200. Does this make sense and has anyone done this or thought of this?

If you book separately you will be charged a 'single supplement' which would probably be hundreds of dollars, so you wouldn't save any money.

The flaw in your reasoning is that the price for one person in a cabin is not half the price for two. The price for single occupancy is considerably more than half. So in fact you would not be paying less by booking two cabins, on the contrary you would be paying far more.

so say an inside is $500 per person and a Balcony is $700 per.

that means your total cost would be $2400.. as each room will be charged for 2 berths minimum.

or one balcony at $1400. how is that saving $200? even if ther eis some special on single supplements and it is only 150% you a still are wasting money AND depriving another couple from sailing

I don't know where you got your costs from, but they don't work like that. If each of you rent a cabin alone, there will be a hefty single occupancy charge on both cabins, generally pretty close to the full second passenger fare, as the prices you see are based on double occupancy.

How many CC members does it take to say the same thing in a thread? LOL :D:D:D

Depending on when the op is cruising and on which line some of them do have deals where singles do not have to pay double. Carnival recently had this promotion though I'm not sure it is still on. The single cruisers on the Carnival board were bouncing off the walls!:D

So the answer is usually you have to pay double, but it's worth checking into as the OP's plan could occasionally work.