If not getting the soda package, where to get ice tea, coffee and such?

AZJerry

We're considering not getting the soda package for our getaway next month, mainly because we only drink soda and none of the mocktails and such. We may or may not break even with the sodas we do drink but there is a convenience factor to the package well since the free drinks (iced/hot tea, regular coffee) are not available in as many locations as the soda package. What are the locations that the free drinks are available?

Mainly the buffet for coffee, hot tea, ice tea, lemonade. You also can get some items from room service but then again there is a tip involved. Also a few items at lunch and dinner in the dining room.

We're considering not getting the soda package for our getaway next month, mainly because we only drink soda and none of the mocktails and such. We may or may not break even with the sodas we do drink but there is a convenience factor to the package well since the free drinks (iced/hot tea, regular coffee) are not available in as many locations as the soda package. What are the locations that the free drinks are available?

There are two different soda packages. The less expensive one is for unlimited fountain sodas at any bar or dining room. The soda package & more is for the soda plus mocktails, ice cream sodas, juice drinks, etc. Look them up on the Princess site under "Princess Cellars". The packages do not include canned sodas.

On most ships, free ice tea, hot tea and regular coffee is available all day in the buffet. Lemonade is available for lunch, maybe dinner in the buffet. Juice is available for breakfast. On the Royal there are a few extra locations for coffee.

The coffee card can be purchased for special coffee drinks. You get 15 special drinks plus unlimited brewed coffee, tea and hot cocoa for the voyage. Unused punches can be used on the next voyage, but the unlimited option is for one cruise only. On most ships this is available in the International Cafe in the Atrium.

Any of the dining rooms with your meals, also the buffet. Only exception depending on waitstaff is the pub lunch. When asked for ice tea with meal got blank look and was told we don't offer that. On same ship 2 months earlier, no problem, I just let it go the last time and had a beer instead!!!

I can't help specifically with the Sapphine since I've only sailed the Island and Pacific. In both ships, water, iced tea, lemonade, hot tea and coffee were available 24/7 at the buffet. Both were small ships so it was no big deal to go there for our drinks.

We, also, did not pay for a soda package and managed just fine with the free choices. (Besides, the 411 these days is that you should cut out or cut down on both sugar and diet sodas.)

I can't help specifically with the Sapphine since I've only sailed the Island and Pacific. In both ships, water, iced tea, lemonade, hot tea and coffee were available 24/7 at the buffet. Both were small ships so it was no big deal to go there for our drinks.

Milk is also available at no cost at the buffet and and in restaurants.

The buffet is no longer open 24 hours, but closes down from about 11 PM until about 5 AM. At those times, the International Cafe is still open.

If you have the soda card ($5.18/day/person including tip), soda is available at no additional charge at any bar and when dining.

We, also, did not pay for a soda package and managed just fine with the free choices. (Besides, the 411 these days is that you should cut out or cut down on both sugar and diet sodas.)

I think on the Pacific anyway, the lemonade and ice tea is switched over to orange and apple juices during breakfast hours.