Really ticked off at Royal..you would be too

So we have a balcony room on the jan 13th sailing of the Liberty. I checked this morning and I saw to get a JS it's only $77 total to upgrade.

I should say I'm a diamond member, and an outside agent for our family travel agency, so we're very familiar with the whole process.

Called, and they not only couldn't honor the upgrade (said it's a military discount, even though it's not selected at all when I Did the mock booking) but I'm STILL on hold as we speak trying to get my originally d2 balcony back bc they said there's a balance due and it's past the date. Wrong, bc I've paid in full 30 days ago and have full documentation to prove that.

A simple call to inquire about an upgrade turned into a big ordeal. Not very happy.

Someone do a mock booking for that sailing and don't select military discount. It clearly has a deal on JS for $598 pp... If it's a mistake fine, but after over 40 mins on the phone right now just to get my original room back..not happy.

There are more important things to worry about in life... I know. But it's annoying!

So we have a balcony room on the jan 13th sailing of the Liberty. I checked this morning and I saw to get a JS it's only $77 total to upgrade.

I should say I'm a diamond member, and an outside agent for our family travel agency, so we're very familiar with the whole process.

Called, and they not only couldn't honor the upgrade (said it's a military discount, even though it's not selected at all when I Did the mock booking) but I'm STILL on hold as we speak trying to get my originally d2 balcony back bc they said there's a balance due and it's past the date. Wrong, bc I've paid in full 30 days ago and have full documentation to prove that.

A simple call to inquire about an upgrade turned into a big ordeal. Not very happy.

Someone do a mock booking for that sailing and don't select military discount. It clearly has a deal on JS for $598 pp... If it's a mistake fine, but after over 40 mins on the phone right now just to get my original room back..not happy.

There are more important things to worry about in life... I know. But it's annoying!

If I were you I would grab another phone, call RC again and do it with another rep. I have worked for customer service call centers for a while and I know that the first answer is not always the right one. Not that they are trying to give you a hard time intentionally, but sometimes they dont have the whole information, or maybe you got a new hire, etc. If you have been on hold for so long, I could be sure you got a trainee. I know that almost like the palm of my hand :P

Edited by voyager89

There are 2 issues here, the first (problems attempting the upgrade) is relatively minor compared to the second (balance due on original stateroom).

It had to be a stroke of luck that you happened to find a better deal that would cause you to call RCL. However, had you not called and the outstanding balance remained and your room sold to someone else, you could have arrived at the dock and been much more than annoyed.

I hope you are able to call again and get the upgrade, but being able to clear up the issue with the outstanding balance is already a win in my book.

Joe, tried from 2 different computers, and doing a mock booking by itself without selecting military discount gives me $598

STILL on the phone. Now they are telling me it's a price for new reservations only.

They need to get it together, regardless of what's listed or not, I'd expect friendlier costumer service, especially when I'm polite and nice despite the long wait and round and round transfers to people.. Even the supervisor is putting me on hold for 15 mins at a time.

We're booked on this cruise too. The prices I am seeing are $1,021 for a JS, and $769 for a Guaranteed Suite. Earlier today RC's site was showing Family Suites and Owners Suites as available, they have now disappeared, just GS and JS available.

So if you no longer have your original cabin has your reservation been cancelled? Did they refund your deposit when they cancelled it? How can you have a reservation and no cabin? And if it was cancelled by RCI then it would seem that theyshould not have a problem letting you book this JS as a new reservation.

They are having problems with their system. Sometimes when you or a rep get into your reservation, discounts disappear and all of a sudden you have a balance due. It happened 3 times to us before our Brilliance cruise last week. It still showed we owed $3.50 (strange amount) on the day of the cruise, but it never showed up on our account.

Hope they get it figured out for you!

PS -- I also did a mock booking. It came up with $598 for a suite guarantee. When you click it to book it [Did not put any any discounts or any state] it shows $769 for the guarantee BUT just above it you can book a junior suite - and get a cabin number - for $598!! Screwy.

Edited by jkskrap

Right...screwy!

Not to sound entitled, but they should do the right thing and honor this.

Coming up on 2 hours on hold with them. I'm ready to try another line next time. I'm actually visiting my folks and happened to have saw this this morning and wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a paid upgrade. This is not worth my time anymore.

Joe, tried from 2 different computers, and doing a mock booking by itself without selecting military discount gives me $598

STILL on the phone. Now they are telling me it's a price for new reservations only.

They need to get it together, regardless of what's listed or not, I'd expect friendlier costumer service, especially when I'm polite and nice despite the long wait and round and round transfers to people.. Even the supervisor is putting me on hold for 15 mins at a time.

Yep, it's now showing $598pp for a JS (specific cabin - 9254) without the military discount. Very screwy indeed. I hope this gets worked out to your satisfaction. :(

checked 3 different places. All say $598 regular price

It's a Saturday rep isn't there. Coming up on two hours now with them.

The upgrade option on cruising power is not available right now.

Right now, that rate they are saying is a military discount. Again, do a mock booking and under suites it says "standard rates from $598"

It's wrong on their part. Almost a bait and switch when they came back and said they'd be happy to upgrade me for way more than it being $598 a person.

I'm not asking for much, but for a company to honor their prices listed. Under no circumstances when you book does it say "military" if it's wrong, fix it, Royal!

I just did a mock booking without any residency or military checked and it clearly said $598 per person and $729 for a deluxe guarantee. Not sure why others are seeing different. Since the upgrade, things have not been well.

Seriously. We had the exact same problem. Only resolutions is going to fix this. Call Crown and Anchor and demand to speak with resolutions. Threaten to take your business elsewhere. It'll work.

The non-resolutions supervisors were useless.

We also spent several hours on the phone.

Edited by seaofwonder

Ok get this... 2 days ago, Royal credited my credit card $8.04

Just saw that now. No idea why, they are now trying to figure that out.

2 hours, 7 mins so far.

Very unhappy camper right now.

You should ask if the credit was for Taxes and fees.