Coral Princess 11-26-13 Review

erin6494

I will try to get this finished in the next few weeks but wanted to get it started before it is too distant of memory.

We had a wonderful trip and cannot wait to go again

PreCruise: We booked our third cruise on the beautiful Coral Princess (and fourth partial Panama Canal cruise) about 18 months ahead of time. Our most recent cruise had been on the Island and we had cabin C727, we LOVED the cabin and wanted to have it again. With our FCC, there was no risk in booking early to make sure we got the same awesome balcony. With my obsessive price checking, we were actually able to get two balcony cabins (B734 and B732) for less than the mini. We kept the balcony view but got two cabins for my family of four, looking back, it was definitely the right choice (although in the future I think I would rather have starboard than port).

25 November: We flew down a day early from Kansas City (which given that my son and I barely escaped the winter storm in Dallas that weekend was a wonderful plan). We had a non-stop flight on SWA that didn’t leave until 10:50 (much more tolerable than our 6AM flight last time). We had time for a somewhat calm morning and I had time for a long walk with the puppy to try to exercise some of my excitement out . We headed to the airport, had a very uneventful flight (the best kind), and soon were landing in Fort Lauderdale.

My parents drove over from the gulf side to spend the day with use Pre-cruise. After waiting for our five bags (thank you SWA for free bags!!) and reacquainting myself with the ubiquitous pigeons that hang out around baggage, we met up with my dad and were off. Fort Lauderdale was overcast but warm and certainly nicer than the cold temps we left behind.

I had booked the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort again for this trip accidentally. (I submitted a low ball offer to Priceline in March and was shocked when it was accepted). We stayed here last time and while the beach access is wonderful, our room was old and very small. I wasn’t concerned about the hotel for my family but was hoping my parents wouldn’t be too disappointed (especially since they paid much more than I did). I was additionally apprehensive as I had contacted the hotel three times in the weeks prior to try to pre-pay parking for my dad (knowing he would not let me pay in person) but could not get anyone to help or return my call. My fears were unfounded. Check-in was a breeze. I had joined the hotel’s rewards program prior and after showing my card, we were upgraded to a room with a wonderful view of the ocean (and just down the hall from my folks who had a less-wonderful view of the parking lot and a sliver of ocean.) The room was large and clean and bright and a very nice way to start our holiday.

We ate a very late lunch/early dinner at the restaurant across the street in the Days Inn (Bahini Breeze??). The Mexican restaurant in our hotel was not yet serving. The food was good, fish tacos were a big hit, and the restaurant has a cool marina view. It was chilly (for me) but we still took a quick walk by the ocean to get my salt-water fix and then settled into my parents’ room to spend time together and play some games. (The boys stayed in our room watching Monday Night Football and then went down for a late dinner (our combo meal was not enough for our 17 year old son), the guacamole and salsa had rave reviews! My daughter and I fell asleep fairly early (I never sleep well before vacation because I am so excited). With visions of the Coral in our heads, we settled in for the night….

I am so pleased you are posting this review. We leave in about 3 weeks and your post could not come at a better time.

Look forward to any photos you might share and hearing about the on board experience.

Please keep it coming.

If you can give me some tips on how to post photos, I would be happy to do so! It won't let me do it as an attachment. :(

It is very easy but you have to have an online place to upload your photos. I personally use photobucket.com but there are many places just like this. What you do is set up an account which is free for limited use and then upload your photos to that site. If you know anything about making your photos smaller that helps with the downloading and uploading as the file sizes are then smaller and easier on the web.

Once you have got the photo or photos on the site (photobucket) then you select the photo and it will provide you with a "direct link" to the photo. Just copy that and over you come to cruise critic.

once in cruise critic go to the post you are making and select the "photo Icon' in the above tool bar see attached photo below, This will then provide you with a prompt to enter the copied link to the photo. Just right click in that box and paste.

Voila, that should do it.

Let me know if you need more help

cruisecriticphoto.jpg

Gord

• 2 weeks later...