Oceanview Quad on Ruby,I tires. Thoughts

Moviegirlnyorlando

We usually book two oceanviews or a balcony for the 4 of us but because the Christmas cruise was so short we booked a oceanview quad as at the time there was no rooms oceanview rooms together or balconys together available, or at least that was what my TA told Me. Well I'm not worried about space as if we domt have a balcony we are never in room but I am worried about the fact I just learned the two lower births cannot be made into a queen in this room ! Our kids are fine coming on the bunks and we sailed l KE this once before on a short cruise, but I get night terrors and have to be sleeping next to someone to avoid them. I HABE like a sleep paralysis thing. I am sooooo worried about this now. My TA said the cruise was booked and was a bit rude (Expedia) Princess people were very nice on the phone and assured me I'm on upgrade and "wait" lists but no guarantee. Is it true there are rooms the lower births can't be moved together ? I like the location, mid ship on the lower level but close to the IC, all I want is to move the beds together ! I booked this on the phone through expedia back in October and feel they should have told me this upon booking. Can anyone think of any recourse ? My last cruise was my first and only on Carnival and we had a horrible experience and I don't want to go into this one with worrying or any negativity but now, I'm worried.

No worries, there are only a few cabins on Grand, as well as Sea, Sun and Dawn that the beds cannot be put together. But in those cabins, there will be a symbol on the deck plan to clearly state that. You can put your beds together, it just means that the steward will have to get up and stand on your bed in order to service the bunks. EM

Sorry for all the typos . I'm just in a panic now that I found this out. We are fine with a quad, just want one were lower births cans bent together and my teenagers will be fine climbing on upper bunks . I should have spent more money and booked a min-suite! Now there is nothing !
Princess prefers that the beds not be moved together for safety and convenience purposes if there are two overhead bunks. However, they can be pushed together into a Queen. Do a Google search for "princess quad cabin photo" to see a photo of a balcony cabin with the bunk beds open.

The placement of uppers in balcony cabins is totally different from OV cabins. Although I do not have a picture of an OV quad, I have seen them on cruisedeckplans, and the bunks will be on the side walls, as in these pictures of an inside on Emerald:

BG-8.jpg

BG-7.jpg

Oh those aren't so bad. Does the ruby have a wet bar like that in all staterooms ?
ALL Princess cabins have a mini-frig that keeps things cool, not especially cold. There are glasses and an ice bucket on top although sometimes, the ice bucket is filled and put in the mini-frig to keep the ice. Here's a photo of my oceanview balcony cabin on the Diamond last May. The Ruby is just the same. I didn't have a quad but the bunk beds are above the twin beds with their heads against the same wall.

DSC01558.JPG

Found a photo of a quad with the beds opened:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24181331&postcount=7

Edited by Pam in CA

That's great to hear as all royal carribeans cruises we have been on do not have mini fridges . In the pictures the above poster posted in the photobucket was also a picture of a sink over the fridge like a wet bar. I didn't see that on rubys room specs , maybe this is emerald only ? Aren't they the same class?

There's not a sink in the living/bedroom portion of the cabin - only in the bathroom. There are little railings around the top of the mini-fridge to keep things from rolling off in high seas.

I've never seen an RCI ship without a mini-fridge. It's usually stocked with drinks, etc. and you just ask the cabin steward to remove them so you aren't charged for them and can use the fridge. Perhaps you were on really old ships, like older than the Norway?

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

I've been on several RCCL ships and one carnival ship none HABE had a fridge in the standard cabin, one had a fridge in a balcony cabin. The ship I have sailed on the most because it was such a great short weekend from Orlando was RCCL monarch of the Sea which is no longer even with the line and was sold off, the last disaster ship we were on was carnival paradise which is far from paradise. We were on navigator of the sea too and another RCCL ship I forgot