Online Account TV Access

bala1130

Has the system for accessing your your account/reservation via the TV in your cabin been added to any other ships besides the Oasis & Allure? I'm booked on the Indy in April and was wondering if this system will be there.

Has the system for accessing your your account/reservation via the TV in your cabin been added to any other ships besides the Oasis & Allure? I'm booked on the Indy in April and was wondering if this system will be there.

The interactive TV system is installed on Voyager and Freedom class too. Possibly Radiance class but I don't remember.

The interactive TV system is installed on Voyager and Freedom class too. Possibly Radiance class but I don't remember.

It was available on the Brilliance when we sailed on her last Fall. I don't think it was added to the Grandeur even though they installed flat screen TVs in her staterooms during her revitalization or when she was in for repairs after the fire.:)

Edited by negc

All ships that have gone through the revitalization have it

According to my Royal brochure :)

The brochure is incorrect.

I don't think Royal plans to retrofit the older ships with the interactive TV. I've talked with the IT people on board the ships (these are NOT the IT people that work on the website;)), and they consider the interactive TV a dinosaur.

What they have done is implement an interactive system on iPads. On Legend, which has been retrofitted, the TV's are not interactive. However, in JS and above staterooms, they have deployed iPads that have all the functions of the old interactive TV, plus more. I think it's more likely they go in this direction. Who knows, maybe they will provide an app that guests can use with their smartphones at some point.

Edited by clarea

Hope they have it on the Brilliance. That's how I tracked my husband down last year on the Allure! Just checked to see where he purchased his last beer (LOL).

That is fantastic! I love it - really had me laughing!!

Jo :)

Hope they have it on the Brilliance. That's how I tracked my husband down last year on the Allure! Just checked to see where he purchased his last beer (LOL).

Was on Brilliance last year and it had interactive TV along with all the Radiance class ships.

The Jewel may not have it the week that poster sailed, but I have been on the Jewel three times (as well as the other 3 Radiance class ships) and it has always been available, on all of them.

You may be right. In thinking about it I don't actually remember specifically checking for it. We did watch the TV and I never noticed anything about it so I just assumed that it didn't have it.

The Independence of the Seas has had account access via in-cabin interactive TV since her launch in 2008. Not reservations, though.

Edited by John Henry on CC