Carnival cancels Splendor out of NY

spaden

It look like nothing at this point. It would be nice if they had a seasonal ship there. Maybe they will move a smaller ship there, the prices have been pretty low out of NY for a while which is why we have been booking them.

I'm gonna go with the obvious and assume the Splendor comes back at the end of April for the seasonal run, with the annual first cruise to Bermuda.

Dammit I will only cruise out of NYC so I guess NCL and RCCL are the only ones that will go out of there in the winter. I am hopefully on the Gem 1/15 but wonder if prices will go up on the other cruise lines.

When is the Vista supposed to go into service. Perhaps CCL is looking to bring in a megaship to compete with the Breakaway and Quantum.

Perhaps CCL is looking to bring in a megaship to compete with the Breakaway and Quantum.

Don't know anything about the Breakaway, but Carnival has nothing in its fleet to compete with Quantum or any of the RCCL Freedom or Voyager Class ships.

Well DW just got off with Carnival and we got a good transfer. We are now going on the Pride out of Baltimore on OCT 5 (her last sailing for the year) for 7 days. We got a room with french doors (which is better than our one on Splendor) at a slightly lesser price, due mainly to taxes. PLus the added bonus of a better itinerary which includes HMC! YES. I was not excited for the itinerary before but I am now. And we got the $50 OBC PP. So it has worked out better than I thought.

I gotta say Carnival does treat you right. they might be hurting right now but I believe they will turn it around.

Happy Days are here again! LOL! I hope everyone has a good experience with this and gets good deals.

Happy Cruising and Merry Christmas!

Is Carnival messed up or what. Almost like amateur hour.

I just received my Cancellation Notice for January 2015, telling me that the cancellation was "within the penalty period" and penalties would apply.

Sigh!

Carnival found a new revenue stream.

Cancel existing bookings and charge the pax a cancellation fee.:p

Bill

Well DW just got off with Carnival and we got a good transfer. We are now going on the Pride out of Baltimore on OCT 5 (her last sailing for the year) for 7 days. We got a room with french doors (which is better than our one on Splendor) at a slightly lesser price, due mainly to taxes. PLus the added bonus of a better itinerary which includes HMC! YES. I was not excited for the itinerary before but I am now. And we got the $50 OBC PP. So it has worked out better than I thought.

I gotta say Carnival does treat you right. they might be hurting right now but I believe they will turn it around.

Happy Days are here again! LOL! I hope everyone has a good experience with this and gets good deals.

Happy Cruising and Merry Christmas!

Glad you had a positive outcome and it worked out for you.:)

Bill

And there is no way they are pulling out of NYC seasonally. They have been here for years and have made ton of $$, one of the reasons they started year round.

Are they going to cancel the Canadian trips from NYC also? NO WAY, I have been on 4 CCL out of NYC and they are wonderful.

Edited by pamrose228

And there is no way they are pulling out of NYC seasonally. They have been here for years and have made ton of $$, one of the reasons they started year round.

Are they going to cancel the Canadian trips from NYC also? NO WAY, I have been on 4 CCL out of NYC and they are wonderful.

That's when NY had 2 ships. It appears now there will only be 1, seasonal, back to April to October.

So when will the April 2015 schedules be out? (Assuming that's when Carnival would return to New York, although I doubt it. Like someone said before, you can get dirt cheap cruises on the Splendor in the Winter, versus paying premium for NCL and RCCL that do basically the same itinerary.

So when will the April 2015 schedules be out? (Assuming that's when Carnival would return to New York, although I doubt it. Like someone said before, you can get dirt cheap cruises on the Splendor in the Winter, versus paying premium for NCL and RCCL that do basically the same itinerary.

My bet is you will see them seasonal in New York.

My bet is you will see them seasonal in New York.

What I don't understand is, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and NYE cruises are some of the most popular for families. I would think you would hang around to do those out of NY first, and then head down south....no? There are a lot of families who want to cruise, and many of us don't want to deal with air travel. Pulling out just before three of the busiest weeks seems kind of stupid to me. There are already a ton of ships in FL during those weeks. If I wanted to fly, I have plenty of options. But, if I want to drive, not so many...and, now two less in 2014.

That's when NY had 2 ships. It appears now there will only be 1, seasonal, back to April to October.

You state this as if it were a fact. What's your source for this information?

The way I'm reading the cancellation letter, it would imply that the Splendor is leaving New York permanently...

...reposition to her new home in Miami. (instead of New York)
Edited by YankeeFan4Ever