best pre cruise hotel in Miami or Ft Lauderdale

jetsetjl

If you are sailing from Fort Lauderdale, there are a number of nice places on 17th street. They are near the port entrance and close to Publix (supermarket), Total Wine & More and a drug store. We stayed at the Renaissance last January since we got a great price ($129). Next month we will be at the Holiday Inn Express.

Be careful of "bargain" hotel rates. We stayed in Fort Lauderdale prior to a cruise in April of 2013. Sure, we got a great rate at a nice property but we were in a room the size of a postage stamp. We did receive a very nice breakfast comp but the room was a one night wonder, that is, good enough for one night.

We did have a very nice experience at the Miami Airport Sofitel, but to stay here here you should rent a car.

What is the best reasonable option for pre cruise hotel?

My Friend on Cc Frito58 has used this tactic and so have I. Go to Hotwire dot com and select the secret Z hotels 4 star or 5 star. See what comes up ( no name will be mentioned) Read the description. then go to Hotels dot com and select the same area of Ft Lauderdale. The time I used it for a weekend vacation I was able to get the Westin right on the beach Ocean view for $105 and it regularly goes for $200. Now I am sure you want one a little closer to the port as it's up the road a bit, but The Embassy Suites is right at the bend/intersection of US 1 and FL A1A before youtravel north on A1A.

I just did this for my cruise Sunday1/5/14 trying to stay at TheEmbassy Suites saturday night 1/4 and Hotwires price was $112.00 a 32% discount. So going over to Hotels dot com Embassy Suites rack rate was $164 Take 32% discount of that which is what Hotwire said the discount was and you get to $112 ! I rest my case on price and quality Free shuttle from Airport to hotel and hotel to cruise Port Let me know what you get!

Ken Sailing on the CCL Freedom 1/5/14

My Friend on Cc Frito58 has used this tactic and so have I. Go to Hotwire dot com and select the secret Z hotels 4 star or 5 star. See what comes up ( no name will be mentioned) Read the description. then go to Hotels dot com and select the same area of Ft Lauderdale. The time I used it for a weekend vacation I was able to get the Westin right on the beach Ocean view for $105 and it regularly goes for $200. Now I am sure you want one a little closer to the port as it's up the road a bit, but The Embassy Suites is right at the bend/intersection of US 1 and FL A1A before youtravel north on A1A.

I just did this for my cruise Sunday1/5/14 trying to stay at TheEmbassy Suites saturday night 1/4 and Hotwires price was $112.00 a 32% discount. So going over to Hotels dot com Embassy Suites rack rate was $164 Take 32% discount of that which is what Hotwire said the discount was and you get to $112 ! I rest my case on price and quality Free shuttle from Airport to hotel and hotel to cruise Port Let me know what you get!

Ken Sailing on the CCL Freedom 1/5/14

Plus free cocktails on Sat. night and a free Sun. breakfast. happy cruising..

Miami has a nice hotel right by the cruise port. Holiday Inn, Port of Miami, 340 Biscayne Blvd. If you book a room at the front of the building you can see the ships turning around in the basin on the morning of your cruise. I can't remember what the rate is but it wasn't that expensive. There is also a nice little shopping area right across the street (walking distance) with several places to have dinner.

What is the best reasonable option for pre cruise hotel?

Our choice when sailing out of Port Everglades or Port of Miami is Embassy Suites FLL. Great location near restaurants and stores. Managers reception. Made to order breakfast. Large rooms. Beautiful pool area. With Hilton Honors discounts we can usually get a pretty good deal.