Seaside theater-is tv on constantly?

lauriedun

One thing I love about cruising is getting away from technology. While on the Triumph a few years ago I was dismayed to find out that the deck big screen was on CONSTANTLY! Is it that way on the Dream? Would love to book but that may be a deal breaker for me.

One thing I love about cruising is getting away from technology. While on the Triumph a few years ago I was dismayed to find out that the deck big screen was on CONSTANTLY! Is it that way on the Dream? Would love to book but that may be a deal breaker for me.

It drove me crazy while on our Splendor cruise! If I ever see Billy Joel or Maria Carey in concert again......:eek:

We like sittiing by the pool but it was too much for us.We had to find chairs on upper decks just to get away from this noise!

Perhaps it's change but every ship I've ever been on that had it it was was on constantly. Always blaring and always with at least one section of "pixels" out. I've never seen one that wasn't broken. I make a habit if looking at other ships when in port to see if theirs works too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another reason why I like my old, small Fantasy-class ships.

On Conquest last month, the first morning, I was so excited to try a breakfast burrito. Got my hot tea and breakfast and sat down to eat.

Suddenly, the giant TV starts blaring CNN. It was really, really loud. So I got up and left.

Thing is, they apparently don't even turn down the volume when in port. Maybe they don't comprehend that without the wind and noise that you get while sailing along at 20 knots, you don't need to volume turned all the way up.

I hate it. I avoid the main Lido pool areas, anyway. But on the larger ships with Serenity Decks that are forward, you can't get away from the noise! Not terribly serene, is it? :mad:

But on the larger ships with Serenity Decks that are forward, you can't get away from the noise! Not terribly serene, is it? :mad:

On the "new" Sunshine, the Serenity Deck opens into the Lido and faces the big screen. Stupid idea!

Cruised Liderty back in Oct. The big screen was on constantly, but most of the time there was no sound. They did promote the two outside bars over and over, and show the Lido deck games. As long as the sound was muted it was not an annoyance. The movie at night was nice.

The only time it was on was for the movie. This was on Liberty two weeks ago.

why would it be a deal breaker , are you never leaving the lido deck?[/quote

We are up there enough to eat, and because the kids like the pool, that I will never book a ship that has the TV on constantly. I hate the noise!

Cruised Liderty back in Oct. The big screen was on constantly, but most of the time there was no sound. They did promote the two outside bars over and over, and show the Lido deck games. As long as the sound was muted it was not an annoyance. The movie at night was nice.

Probably JH's idea

I get what your saying. I don't want to listen to a tv either. I am a stay at home mom and don't ever have my tv on during the day. We don't even have cable lol. We are movie people

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Netflix.

I hate the big screen during the day, blaring videos and music. But I do enjoy it at night if they are showing a good movie or a concert. One of my favorite moments of our cruise on the Liberty was watching the Andrew Lloyd Webber Masterpieces Concert out on the big screen one night. It was phenomenal to enjoy such a wonderful concert that way.

I wouldn't call it a deal breaker, but the big screen does keep me away from the main pool area during the day (that, the DJ, and the stupid pool games with the entertainment team encouraging people to "make some noooooise!!!") :rolleyes:

Edited by Tapi

I like the big screen at night. Our Glory cruise on the last night they had just a picture of water running over stones. I went to every crew member I could to see if anyone had the remote to change the channel :) I got a lot of smiles.