One or Two FCC's accepted per cabin?

jarand

I've always thought only one FCC could be used per cabin. However, when we booked our January cruise directly with Princess, the agent said we could each use one. We didn't because we were doing B2B, so we ended up putting them on two different sailings.

But that raises the question: If both passengers in the cabin have an FCC, can both be used for the deposit and associated OBCs?

I've always thought only one FCC could be used per cabin. However, when we booked our January cruise directly with Princess, the agent said we could each use one. We didn't because we were doing B2B, so we ended up putting them on two different sailings.

But that raises the question: If both passengers in the cabin have an FCC, can both be used for the deposit and associated OBCs?

Yes. FCC's can be used by both passengers in one cabin if they each have one. You may have been thinking of the shareholder benefit which is only one per cabin.

Edited by RickEk

I've tried this before. In order for both passengers to get the OBC for using a future cruise credit each person has to have one, but one passenger can still use two of their own FCCs as a deposit, they just don't get OBC for the second one. In that case, you also have the option of putting down another $100 to cover the rest of the deposit, which makes more sense if you don't want to use up FCCs.

Until a couple of years ago, you could apply one Future Cruise Certificate to a booking and it would cover the deposit for one person and for an additional $100 when making the booking, cover the deposit for a second person. Both people would get the OBC.

A couple of years ago Princess changed how FCCs could be applied. Now one is required (in the name of) each of the first two people in the cabin in order to get the OBC for both people.

So you remember how it used to be when one FCC could get OBC for two persons.

Until a couple of years ago, you could apply one Future Cruise Certificate to a booking and it would cover the deposit for one person and for an additional $100 when making the booking, cover the deposit for a second person. Both people would get the OBC.

A couple of years ago Princess changed how FCCs could be applied. Now one is required (in the name of) each of the first two people in the cabin in order to get the OBC for both people.

So you remember how it used to be when one FCC could get OBC for two persons.

I'm confused and I need to understand this as we are planning on buying FCC on our upcoming cruise.

Suppose I buy one FCC. I think I understand this one. I could apply this to a cruise and pay an additional $100 deposit for the wife and receive $100 OBC. Is this correct?

Suppose I buy two FCC in my name. What happens if I apply both to an upcoming cruise?

Suppose I buy two FCC, one in my name and one in my wife's name? How much OBC and what deposit is required for a single cruise?

I'm confused and I need to understand this as we are planning on buying FCC on our upcoming cruise.

Suppose I buy one FCC. I think I understand this one. I could apply this to a cruise and pay an additional $100 deposit for the wife and receive $100 OBC. Is this correct?

Suppose I buy two FCC in my name. What happens if I apply both to an upcoming cruise?

Suppose I buy two FCC, one in my name and one in my wife's name? How much OBC and what deposit is required for a single cruise?

If you buy one FCC, your wife would get the $100 deposit amount but not the OBC (depends on what category cabin you choose for the amount of OBC)

If you buy two FCC in your name and apply them both, they will cover the deposit amount, but you will only get one OBC credit (not two).

If you buy two FCC, one in your name and one in your wife's name, both of you will have the FCC cover the deposit and each of you would get the appropriate OBC amount

If you buy one FCC, your wife would get the $100 deposit amount but not the OBC (depends on what category cabin you choose for the amount of OBC)

If you buy two FCC in your name and apply them both, they will cover the deposit amount, but you will only get one OBC credit (not two).

If you buy two FCC, one in your name and one in your wife's name, both of you will have the FCC cover the deposit and each of you would get the appropriate OBC amount

Thank you. What I thought. One more question. What is the "appropriate OBC amount"? Would be booking balcony or suite.

Thank you. What I thought. One more question. What is the "appropriate OBC amount"? Would be booking balcony or suite.

Here's the breakdown listed on my October purchased FCCs with amounts listed for inside/outside and balcony/minisuite/suite.

3-6 days: $15, $25

7-10 days: $25, $50

11-16 days: $75, $100

17+ days: $125, $150

I wasn't aware that you could use a single FCC for two people. On a short cruise the OBC is negligible.

It seems folks here are saying you can book with a single FCC and then it will still only cost an additional $100 for the deposit for the second person. I had thought a FCC was required for each person in order to only have the $100 deposit.

I wasn't aware that you could use a single FCC for two people. On a short cruise the OBC is negligible.

It seems folks here are saying you can book with a single FCC and then it will still only cost an additional $100 for the deposit for the second person. I had thought a FCC was required for each person in order to only have the $100 deposit.

No, if one person uses an FCC, the other person's deposit is only $100 (with no OBC of course).

No, if one person uses an FCC, the other person's deposit is only $100 (with no OBC of course).

for australian cruises if only one person has an FCC their deposit is paid but the 2nd person would have to pay 20% of the total fare as a deposit so are things different in the US