What makes it special for a guy?

Jane2357

As my 20th Anniv. cruise finally draws near after 2 years in the planning, I am asking for your help. DH is turning 60 on Jan. 3 - and is an amazing guy to have put up with me for this long. :p Land vacations are his thing but he has learned to like cruising because I love cruising. :D I'd really like to find something this cruise that will make it really special for him because let's face it - it is usually about me ;) He never asks for anything and for once I'd like to have it be about him. We are not Elite so no invites to a sail away on the heli pad - although would it be in poor taste to ask? I'm just racking my brain about what a guy would think is cool? I've ordered his fav beverage for the in cabin bar setup - we have some nice excursions booked but I'm thinking WHAT CAN I DO FOR ON SHIP? I do think he'd like the wine tasting so will check into that. A massage? Guys - what would you be happy with if your wife tried to find a way to give you a great time?

I see you will be going through the Panama Canal in 2015. If your husband enjoys reading, maybe give him "The Path Between the Seas" by David McCullough. It is a wonderful book - lots of history - and he may enjoy reading it on your anniversary cruise? It leads to a much greater appreciation when you actually see the canal in operation. Probably not what you were looking for, but just a thought...

A cabin upgrade.

I had the same dilemma in October for my husband's 70th birthday cruise.

I booked an FV when they became available in June. We had a bedroom, sitting room and HUGE balcony, where amongst other things we observed the partial eclipse of the sun on November 3rd 2013.

It sounds however that your husband is fine with the old adage, "Happy Wife Happy Life" which may be all he needs. Don't force or pressure him into doing anything, if he's like most men he'll let you know if he wants something special.

Well written

Also I would not buy any electronic since if he is like me and does not research the heck out of it , he be thinking that there something better out there :D

Depends on what he likes. If it were my dh, I would book something like a deep-sea fishing trip for a port day that he would love but we never do because I would hate it. Then I would bring some new lingerie to surprise him with. ;)

I have laughed and giggled right through each response. So yes I get that the title could be taken for something else - but I don't need help in "that" department - trust me I have it covered. ;) How do you think this has lasted 20 years?

As for the Hooters Cruise - I have a set of my own :p so sorry, no new merchandise is needed. :) I think I will sign us up for the Riedel Wine thing - dh loves his wine. I will also check into the Chef's table - both of us might enjoy that. We won't be upgrading our cabin as we splurged and got a Sky Suite - the corner aft wrap - and I wouldn't give that up even if they tried to upgrade us. I think a couples massage might be in the works and that Rasul thing sounds great if it is offered.

We are dining in Murano for our actual anniversary on Valentine's Day - I'll be stopping there a few days early to see what they might be able to do - cake? Etc.

Thank you all for your suggestions - gotta love CC!!!

I have laughed and giggled right through each response. So yes I get that the title could be taken for something else - but I don't need help in "that" department - trust me I have it covered. ;) How do you think this has lasted 20 years?

As for the Hooters Cruise - I have a set of my own :p so sorry, no new merchandise is needed. :) I think I will sign us up for the Riedel Wine thing - dh loves his wine. I will also check into the Chef's table - both of us might enjoy that. We won't be upgrading our cabin as we splurged and got a Sky Suite - the corner aft wrap - and I wouldn't give that up even if they tried to upgrade us. I think a couples massage might be in the works and that Rasul thing sounds great if it is offered.

We are dining in Murano for our actual anniversary on Valentine's Day - I'll be stopping there a few days early to see what they might be able to do - cake? Etc.

Wow, dump that guy and take me!

Does that answer your question about what a 'guy' wants? You hit it out of the park!

Den

Edited by Denny01

Funny response but in reality I do not think any wife would book that for their husband unless they wanted to have a fight/divorce.:p

I guess I am the luckiest guy in the world. My wife wouldn't think twice about booking a Hooters cruise , if that is what I really wanted.

I have never been a "Yes Dear" "Happy wife Happy life " kind of guy which DW knew loooooong before we even thought about getting married. If both parties aren't genuinely happy , why even be together ?

My wife would (and has) arranged a lot of "Just for my enjoyment"stuff over the years along with something we could enjoy together .

OP sounds like she has some great ideas planned . I think he will love it.

Have a great cruise and a very happy anniversary :)

If every male would be honest and not try to give the right or so called correct answer this is what they say.

Give me the drink package and then leave me alone and don't complain about me drinking too much.

Ha Ha. I was going to answer "beer" but this pretty much is the same thing. LOL

Edited by librarylady19

The Riedel tasting is nice....the glasses are awesome! Having my Pinot Noir out of them right now. :p I agree with the aft....there is just nothing better or more romantic in my opinion...it's the one thing I have really missed booking on Celebrity. Murano would be the ultimate for the anniversary. They will make it totally special! Had my hubby's birthday in the Tuscan Grill and it was amazing!

No matter what you plan, I think you will both have a splendid time!

I wouldn't try to do a special dessert something in Murano.....go with what they normally offer and enjoy it. Perhaps a nice bottle of wine?? Some old port with dessert?

If you do want something special in murano...two choices....either arrange for steak diane which you have to ask for a day or more in advance (not on menu, but wonderful)...or do the full wine pairing dinner (and be prepared to crawl back to your cabin :) ). And I almost forgot...arrange for a dinner table in their wine cellar (if murano on your ship has one).

Edited by ghstudio

Do you have some kind of Death Wish?!?!

Den

Funny response but in reality I do not think any wife would book that for their husband unless they wanted to have a fight/divorce.:p

It was a joke.

Actually when we are at a pool or any place where there are pretty young things floating or jiggling around she is my wingman. I'll be sitting in the lounger reading and she'll jab me and say "check those 2 bikini girls out over there"

Her reply when friends ask why she does that "He's harmless":D And we all laugh.

It was a joke.

Actually when we are at a pool or any place where there are pretty young things floating or jiggling around she is my wingman. I'll be sitting in the lounger reading and she'll jab me and say "check those 2 bikini girls out over there"

Her reply when friends ask why she does that "He's harmless":D And we all laugh.

LOL, I know things often get said in jest but maybe your wife will book that cruise for you.:D

A bottle of Sidenafil and I'm serious about that. The rest is up to your imagination. There are three things to a man's heart. The ship is supplying one of them, you get the other two.:)

I second this idea:o men are men.......I would only add make up a coupon book were the coupons are only redeemable on the cruise......

http://livluv.com/gift-ideas/love-coupon-ideas