Current JS Benefits on Enchantment, corner aft JS 7666

LittleBlue

Hi, we are looking at booking a Junior Suite on the Enchantment, found a great corner aft suite with big balconly 7666. My question is, what, if any benefits are there currently for booking a JS. I have never cruised on RCI before.

Thanks

Double C&A points, bathtub, walk-in closet on 7666, robes, tea kettle and coffee maker, bathroom amenities, priority check-in.

What is a "silver seapass card"... I have so much to learn evidently

Your SeaPass Card is the card you will use on the ship to gain entry into your cabin or as a credit card when making a purchase. You will also need it when leaving the ship as well as when you return.

Silver is just the color that is designated for JS cabins.

Edited by cruisenfever

thanks, ...Do you guys happen to know what time it's best to board the ship...or the earliest you can board the ship?? We depart at 4:30pm.

You can often check in at the terminal as early as 10:30. Most likely boarding

is around 11:30, but can be earlier or later. Cabins are not available until 1-1:30 pm,

so keep in mind you will have to drag around your carry on bags until then.

Lunch is served in the Windjammer buffet at 11:30.

The very latest you can board is 3:30 I believe, and muster drill is usually 3:45.

BTW: I am looking forward to my first time in cabin 7666 for New Years Eve.

2014. It has a HUGE wrap around balcony! If you like spending time on your

balcony, you should love it!! Congrats on being able to score that nice cabin.

What date are you booking? I am also aboard again the end of next month,

though 7666 was not available for that sailing.

We love the Enchantment! Have a great cruise! :)

Hi, we are looking at booking a Junior Suite on the Enchantment, found a great corner aft suite with big balconly 7666. My question is, what, if any benefits are there currently for booking a JS. I have never cruised on RCI before.

Thanks

double points, a tub and nicer toiletries.

that's about it. some have walk in closest that are supposedly awesome. but a corner aft balcony.. is worth it with none of the other perks.

So I guess all vision classes aren't the same. I was so disappointed in our JS corner aft 8580 on the Legend. No wraparound balcony and no walk in closet. It was actually one of the smallest balcony cabins I've ever been in. I wonder if it had been a D cabin once upon a time. We didn't get our coffee maker until Day 5. I had to ask our room stewart for our shampoos/conditioners etc. but that was the bad attendant, nothing to do with the cabin.

So I guess all vision classes aren't the same. I was so disappointed in our JS corner aft 8580 on the Legend. No wraparound balcony and no walk in closet. It was actually one of the smallest balcony cabins I've ever been in. I wonder if it had been a D cabin once upon a time. We didn't get our coffee maker until Day 5. I had to ask our room stewart for our shampoos/conditioners etc. but that was the bad attendant, nothing to do with the cabin.

I believe since Legend is the smallest ship in the fleet, you will find that the room configurations are going to be smaller.

thanks, ...Do you guys happen to know what time it's best to board the ship...or the earliest you can board the ship?? We depart at 4:30pm.
...The very latest you can board is 3:30 I believe, and muster drill is usually 3:45...
From RCI FAQ:

All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

Correct, Vision isn't really a class like the other classes of Royal ships. There were three sets of twin ships: Splendour/Legend, Grandeur/Enchantment, and Rhapsody/Vision. The twins were like each other, but there were differences between the sets. Even more so after Enchantment got stretched because there are 4 differenct configurations now.

Edited by clarea

Thanks everyone for the info, I love these boards for figuring stuff out... We originally put a different aft JS on hold, but both 7166 and 7666 were available after we put our deposit down, and we were able to switch right on the RCI web site to 7666. After doing a lot of research we picked that one because we read it was quieter, and we fell in love with those balconies. This is our very first cruise with a balcony, and I think we are going to feel spoiled... I am not sure I would upgrade if the upgrade fairies came a calling. Does RCI have upgrade fairies?, I know NCL did.

[quote name=

BTW: I am looking forward to my first time in cabin 7666 for New Years Eve.

2014. It has a HUGE wrap around balcony! If you like spending time on your

balcony, you should love it!! Congrats on being able to score that nice cabin.

What date are you booking? I am also aboard again the end of next month,

though 7666 was not available for that sailing.

We love the Enchantment! Have a great cruise! :)[/quote]

We aren't going until the End of Feb. I should have you tape a note on the bottom of a drawer or something when you are in 7666, and we can see if it is still there in Feb. We just booked ours last week, I was surprised that cabin was still available, I think we lucked into it...

Edited by LittleBlue

No indeed they are not the same. The only ones that have identical aft ends are Grandeur

and Enchantment. Enchantment was the only sister in that series that had the "stretch" job done, and of course Grandeur had a sudden remodel done on her hind end last year due to the fire. Those two ships have the nice wrap aft ends, but still not as nicely set up as the Radiance sisters. Those are my favorites! :)

From RCI FAQ:

All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

Ahhh...thanks for the clarification. I usually don't pay that much attention to boarding that late since I am usually one of the early ones, but I know they changed the last boarding time years ago due to enhanced security. Though I do know of some that boarded in less than that time period. Late flights, RCI scheduled transfers, etc. They must have some exceptions in place for those incidents, I suppose.

Thanks

We just stayed in EN 7666 (Dec. 16 sailing) and the room had a disgusting MOLD/mildew odor. There is a small door next to the bathroom and it seemed that the smell came from it...we got tape from housekeeping and taped the door but the odor continued in the room.

The balcony is very large but the benefits did not outweigh the mold/mildew odor.

Ahhh...thanks for the clarification. I usually don't pay that much attention to boarding that late since I am usually one of the early ones, but I know they changed the last boarding time years ago due to enhanced security. Though I do know of some that boarded in less than that time period. Late flights, RCI scheduled transfers, etc. They must have some exceptions in place for those incidents, I suppose.
I know what you mean; I try to be onboard eating lunch prior to noon. I also have been on cruises where a bus pulled up distinctly later that 90 minutes before scheduled sailing, and a BUNCH of people checked in and boarded. I ASSUME these were people using RCI air and transfers. Homeland Security requires a final manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing, so maybe RCI delayed sailing to meet that requirement and still get the company air and transfer passengers onboard (I didn't pay enough attention to know if that was what happened). But I have definitely read of people that showed up on their own 75 minutes prior to sailing who were NOT allowed to board.

Thom

We just stayed in EN 7666 (Dec. 16 sailing) and the room had a disgusting MOLD/mildew odor. There is a small door next to the bathroom and it seemed that the smell came from it...we got tape from housekeeping and taped the door but the odor continued in the room.

The balcony is very large but the benefits did not outweigh the mold/mildew odor.

:mad: Yuck, I hope it is gone when we get there...Island Lady, you will have to let me us know if it is still there when you get back.:confused:

Beachnative, What was the mattress like? I heard on these boards that some mattresses have been replaced, some have not.

Edited by LittleBlue

Well hello you two world travelers!! :)

Did you enjoy the rest of your B2B on the Freedom? Got your phone message about the

Freedom coming back in for yet another medical emergency. Definitely must be a record

on that one. :eek:

Thanks for the heads up on the moldy smell. Then again we are used to that normal Florida swamp smell! :p Must have been really yucky....so we might have to bring my spray deodorant...or have someone dump some bleach in there!! :( However, I am not in that cabin until our New Year's Eve. cruise the end of next year. We are forward in a D1 next month, but always hoping for an upgrade! ;)

Edited by island lady

I know what you mean; I try to be onboard eating lunch prior to noon. I also have been on cruises where a bus pulled up distinctly later that 90 minutes before scheduled sailing, and a BUNCH of people checked in and boarded. I ASSUME these were people using RCI air and transfers. Homeland Security requires a final manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing, so maybe RCI delayed sailing to meet that requirement and still get the company air and transfer passengers onboard (I didn't pay enough attention to know if that was what happened). But I have definitely read of people that showed up on their own 75 minutes prior to sailing who were NOT allowed to board.

Thom

Yup, have to draw the line somewhere. It is listed in the documents after all.

Beachnative, Did you complain? if so, Did RCI comp you or anything? :confused: