Three ladies in a family stateroom

Lil' Baba

Next year two girlfriends and I are planning a cruise on Oasis of the Seas. A dream come through for us!

We know we'd be cramped in a regular sized stateroom but cannot afford a suite.

Would Royal C. let 3 people book a family cabin or is there a minimum amount of passengers for these staterooms ?

If you have another suggestion for us we are all ears !

Also, if you have ever stayed in these cabins, what was your impression/experience ?

Lil' Baba

Next year two girlfriends and I are planning a cruise on Oasis of the Seas. A dream come through for us!

We know we'd be cramped in a regular sized stateroom but cannot afford a suite.

Would Royal C. let 3 people book a family cabin or is there a minimum amount of passengers for these staterooms ?

If you have another suggestion for us we are all ears !

Also' date=' if you have ever stayed in these cabins, what was your impression/experience ?

Lil' Baba[/quote']3 can't book it

A JS would work. It's like the size of a large hotel room.

Plus, at least on the Freedom, there was a huge walk in closet.

I have been in a balcony room with my Mom and sister. It was tight at night, but it was manageable. I could do it again if I had to.

Edited by tneah

After 30+ cruises, I have always said I'd never share a cabin with more than another person. Normally I book Jr. Suites and last May on Allure I had a GS, so I confess to being extremely spoiled.

Just returned from a 14 night Transatlantic in a standard cabin with TWO other friends, making 3 in our cabin for the first time ever.

It was great. No problems, had lots of fun, we laughed like crazy persons. But we did follow the rule that everyone must put their stuff away in their portion of the closet and drawers at all times. Nothing was to be left out, so the cabin alway seemed spacious enough.

I brought those folding fabric cubes for storage, and they worked great!

Very recently off Oasis. We had a D2 balcony cabin and for 3 of us (myself, DH and DD age 16) it was definitely cramped, but worst of all was the lack of the storage space. Every little nook and cranny had to be used and we still had stuff strewn all over the room because there was simply nowhere to put it. And we packed light... The new style bedside tables for instance, which have replaced the old style ones with drawers, are useless for storage.

If your budget will stretch to a JS, it would definitely make your cruising experience much more comfortable.

I don't think the square footage will be that big a deal so JS vs regular balcony wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

What you need to know is there will be one bathroom (but you can take turns with one or two of you getting ready for the evening in the fitness center showers); and there will only be two real beds. The third will come from the ceiling or the pull out from the couch. That third bed won't be that comfy, so maybe take turns with that as well.

The price of a regular balcony will be less than a JS. Try for a D1 which is larger and accommodates more than 2 persons.

Definitely get a balcony with three persons...it will just feel bigger.

We are 3 ladies that travel together quite often in one cabin. We have done balcony's and Oceanviews on multiple ships. Cruises have ranged from 7 nights to 30 nights and we do just fine. We are all 3 neatniks so things are always put away. We always sail in a cabin with a pullman bed. We bring the hangers that hold multiple clothes on one hanger (Bed, Bath, and Beyond has them and I'm sure others places too) and this really helps with closet space. We do laugh a lot.

Barbara

all family staterooms have a minimum of either 5 or 6 before they can be booked. they will only release them to smaller parties after final payment has passed and the cabin is still unsold( RARE)