Sailing on Eclipse

mahdnc

Just a quick note to let you know that we are on the 12/28 14 night Eclipse sailing and everything is going well. We are concluding our first full day of the cruise (at sea day). A couple of observations:

Embarkation was easy. The check in area had several different lines to get to the 42 booths that were setup. There was a separate line for Zenith members and one for Elite Plus. Select and Elite were combined together in one line.

CC party was held on Deck 4 in Cellar Masters area at 11:15am. Our CC registration was 98 people. I am not sure how many people actually attended. However the event was well attended by several Celebrity staff including the Captain. Celebrity announced that they were going to set up a CC group bridge tour later in the sailing which is a nice touch.

Ship is in good shape. staff is quite pleasant, and we have enjoyed our meals at the Main Dining Room.

Edited by mahdnc

Just a quick note to let you know that we are on the 12/28 14 night Eclipse sailing and everything is going well. We are concluding our first full day of the cruise (at sea day). A couple of observations:

Embarkation was easy. The check in area had several different lines to get to the 42 booths that were setup. There was a separate line for Zenith members and one for Elite Plus. Select and Elite were combined together in one line.

CC party was held on Deck 4 in Cellar Masters area at 11:15am. Our CC registration was 98 people. I am not sure how many people actually attended. However the event was well attended by several Celebrity staff including the Captain. Celebrity announced that they were going to set up a CC group bridge tour later in the sailing which is a nice touch.

Ship is in good shape. staff is quite pleasant, and we have enjoyed our meals at the Main Dining Room.

Thank you for the update. Can you share the Captain’s name, the Cruise Director’s name and the Captain’s Club Host’s name, please? Also which nights are the formal nights?

Happy New Year and smooth travels.

Thank you for the update. Can you share the Captain’s name, the Cruise Director’s name and the Captain’s Club Host’s name, please?

Captain Manetas till January 25th,

Ben Powney CD

Graeme is CC host.

Raffaele Bernardini HD

Simona Stumberger GRM

Master: Captain Dimitrios Manetas

Cruse Director: Ben Powney

Captains Club Host: Graeme Kelleher

14 night cruises normally have 3 formal nights. We had a formal night on the 2nd night of the cruise (1st sea day) and we should have our last formal night on 13th night of the cruise (4th sea day). We expect that New Year’s Eve (4th night—Aruba) to be our 3rd formal night.

Edited by mahdnc

Hey David! I hope you have a wonderful cruise. There are a few of my friends with you (Jill and Kevin, Tony and Justine, Julie.....). Have fun. I'm doing this itinerary in March next year.

Phil

PS I still miss your Celebrity cabin photos website:( A lot of my photos went into the ether when Webshots was shut down.

Looking forward to your observations during or after the cruise. I'm doing the Eclipse 14 day next Christmas/New Years and it will be my first Celebrity cruise, so I'm excited to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the cruise.

Looking forward to your observations during or after the cruise. I'm doing the Eclipse 14 day next Christmas/New Years and it will be my first Celebrity cruise, so I'm excited to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the cruise.

We will be watching this cruise because we are thinking of this cruise next year! Have a great time!

Phil,

We have met Jill and Kevin but have not seen Tony and Justine.

Alot of good photos went down the drain when Webshots site was bought out. I have been thinking of resurrecting it on google docs but I would be starting from scratch!

We are in one of the Deck 8 FV cabins, which if I recall correctly, you were in one of the Deck 7 FVs on S class (I think I remember seeing your photos).

Our cruise has been very relaxing with this being our 2nd sea day. It will ratchet up fairly quickly as we will call on Aruba tomorrow (will do some diving) and then get ready for New Year's Eve celebration when we get back on board (and then wake up early the next morning when we pull into Curacao).....

This is our first time on S-class and I have been favorably impressed with the ship design and decor. I do miss the more personal touch with the service that we got on the smaller ships.

Just a quick note to let you know that we are on the 12/28 14 night Eclipse sailing and everything is going well. We are concluding our first full day of the cruise (at sea day).

Thank you for starting this thread. We will be on board January 25th.

Would you be able to find out if the iLounge has the new iPad Air for sale?

We have a good obc on this sailing and I would love to have a good display for pictures of past cruise memories.

We have a good obc on this sailing and I would love to have a good display for pictures of past cruise memories.

We will be on the cruise starting on the 25th, as well.

We will be on the cruise starting on the 25th, as well.

I would LOVE any heads ups you are willing to post while on your cruise for those of us sailing after you. :D

We will be sailing on January 11. Glad OP is enjoying the cruise. Thought there was a way to sign up for CC party on the Celebrity website. How can we sign up?

Go to the top of this page and look for this in the upper right hand corner

More About Celebrity Cruises

Register for a Meet & Mingle

Learn More about Meet & Mingles

Celebrity ROLL CALLS

Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Cruise Reviews

Celebrity Cruise Deals

Click on "Register for a Meet and Mingle"

You'll need your booking number, ship and sail date.

(Good luck as I've tried to sign up 4 or 5 times for ours and have yet to receive a confirmation email. If you don't receive an invitation in your cabin when you board go to Guest Relations and ask when it will be.)

Cruisenut, I will be dropping by the iLounge in the next day or two and will see if the iPad Air is for sale.

hurwitz5, this link will take you to the Celebrity/Cruise Critic registration page:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

A few of our roll call members had difficulty in registering right before the cruise. Our roll call agreed to have a backup system where one of us (terrytallent1) would post the meeting invitation details on the outside of our cabin door. The ship's Events Coordinator (Elaine) actually asked me during the CC party to give her a copy of my roll call list so she could cross check it against her list to make sure her list was complete. She needed it to be able to send out invitations to all the CC'ers for the bridge tour.

We will be sailing on January 11. Glad OP is enjoying the cruise. Thought there was a way to sign up for CC party on the Celebrity website. How can we sign up?

C'mon over to the Roll Call. We've got some chat on a few excursions going on, and a Dropbox with additional info.

Beth

Thanks for the link, Arno. I've been trying to sign up for weeks and was just going to find out on board, but it finally worked and we are registered. We sail Eclipse soon, on Jan. 11. Sorry we'll miss you and Joanne this time.

OP, do you happen to know if Graeme will be staying on board for the Jan. 11 cruise, or how much longer his contract is?

Enjoy your cruise!