Junior Suite Amenities?

My husband and I recently booked a Jr Suite on Liberty of the Seas for late January. After doing some research, it appears that we are just a glorified balcony?

We cruised in a Jr Suite on Celebrity 2 years ago, we had a butler and it seemed like all of the amenities. Do we even get priority boarding on RCCL?

My husband and I recently booked a Jr Suite on Liberty of the Seas for late January. After doing some research, it appears that we are just a glorified balcony?

We cruised in a Jr Suite on Celebrity 2 years ago, we had a butler and it seemed like all of the amenities. Do we even get priority boarding on RCCL?

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and most JS on Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Yes, you get priority embarkation. You get to sit with the other suite guest and be one of the first to board.

We had a JS on the Oasis early this month and we had not only a larger room but a larger balcony with a table and two chairs and two loungers, the JS was on the hump.

We also had a huge walk in closet. The bathroom had a tub and special toiletries (I don't remember the brand since I like my own).

We loved our JS, all the other perks offered to GS and higher didn't matter to us.

Enjoy you cruise and JS.

RCI does not offer butler service.

I concede that the JS is, in many ways, just a glorified balcony. However, I find it is usually worth the extra cost, as the additional space, especially in the bathroom, makes the room much more livable.

Enjoy your cruise, we're on the Liberty in the middle of the month.

Yes, you get priority embarkation. You get to sit with the other suite guest and be one of the first to board.

We had a JS on the Oasis early this month and we had not only a larger room but a larger balcony with a table and two chairs and two loungers, the JS was on the hump.

We also had a huge walk in closet. The bathroom had a tub and special toiletries (I don't remember the brand since I like my own).

We loved our JS, all the other perks offered to GS and higher didn't matter to us.

Enjoy you cruise and JS.

Just curious what cabin were you in? We have a JS on the hump booked on the Oasis this August would love to see pictures...have never been on Oasis. Thanks

Enjoy you cruise and JS.

I am fairly new at cruising and I am wondering what rooms are on the "hump"? Are they in the middle of the ship? Thanks.

I didn't think Junior Suites got double C&A points. Has this changed?

Thanks

Kirsten

They have received double points since my first cruise 10 years ago. The only time they don't get them now is if the JS is a free upgrade from a lower category. Of course if a solo passenger books one they get a bonus point making it 3 points per night.

Gina

If DH and I have a JS and the kids have a balcony room next to us do we all get priority boarding?

Yes your party and stay together and board together.

After 17 days in a JS on South Pacific relocation cruise, I have found it very hard to go back to a regular balcony cabin (which I've been in twice since South Pacific but only for 7 days cruises). Fortunately, we're back in a JS for our trans-Atlantic in April which will move us up to Diamond status! :)

A JS is great when there are 3 of you cruising. We've alway found that in a regular balcony, there's not enough room for 3 without bumping into each other. I agree with everyone that the walk in closet is worth it for us.

If it's only 2 of us cruising, we can live with a balcony but we much prefer a JS. I would love to try a "real" suite but can't really justify the cost.

Not all ships offer the coffeemaker in the JS. We've never had on on Jewel, and our JS on Brilliance didn't have one, either? We don't care, because it's easier and far less messy to boil some water and use instant instead. Or JS on Liberty did have one, though.

We enjoy the JS but would take any full suite over any JS any day, if the price were right, I concede that the JS closets superior, but not enough to overcome the other benefits of a full suite.:)

Not all ships offer the coffeemaker in the JS. We've never had on on Jewel, and our JS on Brilliance didn't have one, either? We don't care, because it's easier and far less messy to boil some water and use instant instead. Or JS on Liberty did have one, though.

We enjoy the JS but would take any full suite over any JS any day, if the price were right, I concede that the JS closets superior, but not enough to overcome the other benefits of a full suite.:)

My thoughts exactly.

Has anyone on any ship ever had a coffee filter pack that actually fit the coffee maker? We've always had filters for much larger pots. It's the hot water kettle I also like for making instant coffee we bring on board. The rest of the stuff just clutters up the counter space so I re-locate it to the back of a bottom cabinet shelf.

Gina