Blizzards and Bookings

Saphire

It is SO cold in the Boston area today with a few inches of snow already on the ground. Just the motivation I needed to make some reservations on our upcoming cruise!

Booked the spa pass for the week as I anticipate the warm tile loungers. Booked the America's Cup Regatta race in Cozumel as I dream of those turquoise waters. February is a long way off, but making reservations sure helps the winter blues!

Good point,,,,,,, the 15+" of snow many of us in the Boston area are presently getting, is a wonderful impetus to make a cruise booking. :D

Our plow man has done our driveway once already and surely will be back here at least two more times. :eek: Sigh.....

Well, we've got a wind chill warning. Currently it's -19C (that's without the wind) and lots of snow on the ground. Today is the first day this week that we haven't had to run the snowblower. Oh well, DH can't get any time off work this spring so I will live vicariously through all you lucky cruisers.

Bon Voyage.

Have a great cruise.

Definitely cold here and close to a foot of snow -- at least for us it is almost over -- finally!

Good time to think of booking a warm weather cruise. But then, isn't it always a good time to think of booking a cruise?

Minus 15 Celcius here today in St. John's NL with 30 cm of snow forecast starting tomorrow before Saturday morning. I think a trip or cruise in warmer climates is going to be called for before our May cruise. Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Hi

I just went out and did my back stairs. Its is cold I meam really cold. I never felt it that cold before. Snowing as the storm is almost at itts worse.

Anyone in Boston thinking of leaving today or tomorrow can forget it as will miss thier ship it it leaves on friday. I don't think i ddo my back stairs agin. My wonderful neighbor and friend will have me shoveled out. But because of the wind and blowing snow I am not going any where. Hope evry one keeps warm and safe.

Mary

We had a nice 16" (40.64 cm) snowstorm here in the Chicago suburbs that is heading eastbound. Monday the high temperature is predicted to be -6° F (-21° C). The wind chills are expected to be brutal.

We'll be on a HAL ship in April in the south Pacific and loving it.

Bruce

Minus 15 Celcius here today in St. John's NL with 30 cm of snow forecast starting tomorrow before Saturday morning. I think a trip or cruise in warmer climates is going to be called for before our May cruise. Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It was minus 36 here today - double brrrrrrrrrr.

hopefully we don't get as much snow as you tomorrow - we don't need it with all the ice on the trees - but with the blizzard warning in effect - it's not looking good. Hey Mother Nature - we already have a huge winter wonderland. We need a January thaw to get the ice off the branches of the trees to stop more power outages when they break or trees topple over. Not more snow and wind. (I don't think she's listening to me).

Winter is when I do my booking - but I have enough - so I plan :D Part of the fun of cruising is the planning and the anticipation:)

As much as I like cruising, shore diving in Bonaire is my favourite winter vacation!

We were just on a two-weeker aboard Maasdam and Bonaire was the last stop before HMC. Didn't dive or even snorkel - just headed over to Karel's and had Polars by the water. We knew we were headed back so we took it easy.