Would you sail Carnival if....

dmarie1623

There was no loyalty program? Not eliminated or altered, just from the get-go no loyalty program. The prices, food, entertainment etc., all remain the same.

Please don't turn this into an argument over FTTF. ;)

What program?

9 Carnival cruises and I get no discount.

Aside from getting on and off the ship a little sooner (which 9 cruises does not get you), I don't see a lot

Edited by SeaUs

I'm referring to the perks associated with the VIFP program. Priority boarding, disembarking and tendering, laundry, past guest party, free meal at speciality restuarant and such.

No big deal and certainly not a reason to cruise or not cruise Carnival or any line for that matter.

Yes, because we've never been on any line more than twice so never qualify for any perks anyway.

Until I started reading these boards I wasn't even aware that cruise lines had perks for people who return over and over. Never noticed nor has it been an issue on any cruise I've sailed.

We love Carnival and sail them all the time. We are diamond, and while I can say that we do not specifically cruise for the perks, we do have them on Carnival and do not have them on other lines.

That slight tipping of the scales keeps us sailing Carnival. If they took it away, we will still sail Carnival, but instead of comparing prices along different Carnival ships, we would probably then throw other line into the mix for cruise planning. Once we started going up in another loyalty program, it is likely we would then build time in their program and stop sailing Carnival.

Right now the loyalty program stops us from considering other lines but if the program was scrapped and we were starting from scratch, I could see us switching to another line, we would have no perks to lose, and we would then join another line's program.

We tend to like loyalty programs so if Carnival stopped offering it, we would go in search of another line that did. We have too many days (around 400) so there is no reason to look elsewhere. We do the same with hotels and airline programs.

Edited by 13607

I would consider cruising on other lines if the perks were taken away. It would be difficult for Carnival to take away perks and they would lose loyal customers. We've switched over to Princess for other reasons than perks.

I'm relatively new to cruising. (2 down, 1 soon). Cruising has absolutely nothing to do with the perks I may gain sometime in the future. I choose carnival first time for the price and departure port. Because we enjoyed it we chose carnival for the next two cruises. I would like to try celebrity sometime just to see the difference. ;)

We are ready to go on our 15th Cruise, all Carnival.

While I am always curious about other cruiselines it is usually prices and value that gets us to come back time and time again.

For a family vacation, you can't beat it.

But we do look EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

We do enjoy our Platinum benefits - it is just part of the value equation now.

Catrin

There was no loyalty program? Not eliminated or altered, just from the get-go no loyalty program. The prices, food, entertainment etc., all remain the same.

Please don't turn this into an argument over FTTF. ;)

I would cruise with carnival, but not exclusively. I would not be loyal to them. I'd try out other cruise lines.

As others have said, I don't cruise for perks. If I did, I'd certainly cruise on another line. After 1 NCL cruise, I already have perks (past guest party, priority embark, ship pin, etc.) I'm only 6 points away from silver - with more perks. Will I cruise NCL again just to move up another level - nope.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I usually cruise solo, so when Carnival adopted the 200% solo supplement, I moved on to other cruise lines. Price outweighed the perks.

I recently returned to Carnival when they had dropped the single supplement entirely. I may cruise Carnival in the future if they do it again.

My next cruise with Celebrity was actually less expensive than Carnival Valor at the time I booked it!

Carnival's perks don't make much of a difference to me anymore, so I guess the answer is yes, I would still sail with them. Carnival's past guest program as a whole needs a lot of work, I cruise Royal more often now due to their Crown and Anchor program being much better in making returning guests feel welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm Platinum, yet my 2 main reasons to sail on Carnival are cheap prices and the closest ports of embarkation to home. Take those two away and I would most likely never set foot on another Carnival ship, Platinum or not.