Bill we will so miss you

uktog

• Administrators

I'm very sad to learn about Bill's passing. I will missing working with him. My condolences to all.

Laura

Edited by LauraS

I'm deeply saddened to read this news. Azamara has lost a great advocate and this forum has lost a trusted advisor. Bill blazed the path for the role of Chief Blogging Officer and performed it with tremendous passion and attention to detail. His job was difficult at times, but Bill showed nothing but patience and grace. We will miss this kind and gentle man.

Cruise Critic’s team of editors is so sad to hear that Bill Leiber has passed away and we offer condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. He will be missed; we loved his voice on the Azamara forum, and his passion for both Azamara and for our community made it a very, very special place to be.

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Following our open letter of appreciation to the officers, staff and crew via the CC forum regarding our wonderful cruise on the Journey last year, Bill replied in his usual eloquent manner and in thanking us for our comments, assured us that our appreciation would be passed to those aboard. Those kind and well chosen words by Bill meant so much to us and although our connection with him has only been through the blogs on this forum, we are indeed very saddened that we no longer will have the benefit of his words of wisdom in the future.

Our sympathy to Bill's family and friends

David and Julia

What very sad news. I was only a recent and infrequent visitor to the Azamara boards but I remember how impressed I was by Bill's patience and service to CC members.

He was a great asset to Azamara and I'm sure he will be greatly missed.

Condolences to his family and friends

I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Bill.

His roll as Chief Blogging Officer was unique in the industry and an asset to this forum and to Azamara. He will really be missed.

My sympathy to his family and friends.

My sincere condolences to Bill's wife and son.

In my opinion, it is so very difficult for a frequent poster to maintain a calm, fair, and respectful tone on an electronic board, and Bill was the ideal gentleman at all times regardless of the difficult posts or posters with which and whom he had to deal. He was a wonderful representative for Azamara and will be missed greatly on this board.

As is said in my tradition, may his memory always be for a blessing.

How sad I was to hear of Bill's passing. Others here have said it far better than I can. He was a great asset to Azamara and will be greatly missed.

My condolences to his family as well as his numerous colleagues.

Rest in Peace, Bill.

I am another Azamara cruiser who doesn't know what to say. Bill was the Voice of Azamara and he will truly be missed.

Please pass on my condolences to his family and to the extended Azamara family who lost a WONDERFUL person.

Bill's presence on this board was a real asset to Azamara. Although I never met him, I know he was a positive influence on the cruise industry. I think I can say that all of us at CruiseCritic will miss his presence here and wish his family and loved ones our condolences.

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed here, and I hope that the high esteem that Bill rightfully enjoyed on this forum is communicated as some small solace to his family and friends in their sorrow.

Bill was the consummate gentleman whether addressing individual questions and issues or communicating policy from head office. And, in a broader sense, I think he created the ideal template for role of Chief Blogging Officer. I hope that that was a real source of pride him and his family.

I also would like to thank Larry Pimental for providing us the opportunity to meet Bill in his capacity here. To a great extent he was the "face" of Azamara and was that constant link to the wonderful service we experienced onboard.Thus, in some sense he will always be with us, especially on our cruises.

This post really expresses my sentiments well. I am so sorry to hear of Bill's passing and my heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to his wife and family. His passing is a great loss to us all. RIP, Bill.

Really sorry to read this! Sincere condolences to Bill's family.

He came across as a real gent as many have said and tried to answer queries as quickly and as best he could on the Azamara CC boards and on other social media.

I really hope that as a legacy to Bill that the Chief Blogging Officer role continues with Azamara and also that other cruise lines take up a similar stance.

I really hope that as a legacy to Bill that the Chief Blogging Officer role continues with Azamara and also that other cruise lines take up a similar stance.

I hope so too Kikki. Other cruise brands could learn a great deal from everything Bill represented as Azamara's Chief Blogging Officer. We also have Larry Pimentel to thank, for bringing Bill to our community. On many occasions, Bill shared with me, just how much he loved his work, and being a valued & trusted part of our community.... and we loved having him with us.

I do not envy Bill's successor, as he's irreplacable, and has incredibly large shoes to fill.

Edited by Host Andy

A sad, sad time for all Bills family, friends and the Azamara community.

Bill, you have been an outstanding Azamara 'Star' who we will never forget and will always remember with fondness and smiles at your straight forwardness and wonderful insights to our requests. You made us all feel special and you have helped make Azamara shoreside a much more personal place.

We will miss you keenly. RIP

Wendy and David

Edited by davwen81

I am so so sad having read this post

A heartfelt thanks to the entire Cruise Critic community for their kind comments about our gentle chief blogging officer Bill Leiber. I will personally pass along each and every comment to his wife, Diane and son, Doug. Your condolences are truly appreciated. Bill loved participating in the community on behalf of our little boutique cruise line. I'll miss his smile, his selfless acts of kindness, his practical wisdom and his impeachable character.

Thank you so much for allowing Bill into your community!

A heartfelt thanks to the entire Cruise Critic community for their kind comments about our gentle chief blogging officer Bill Leiber. I will personally pass along each and every comment to his wife, Diane and son, Doug. Your condolences are truly appreciated. Bill loved participating in the community on behalf of our little boutique cruise line. I'll miss his smile, his selfless acts of kindness, his practical wisdom and his impeachable character.

Thank you so much for allowing Bill into your community!

Sadly my wife and I only found Azamara, about a year ago, when visiting a Cruise Show in London. Following this, I was involved in some 'debate' about the rights and wrongs of it all, throughout which, I found Bill to be patient, helpful and thoroughly loyal to Azamara, in really difficult circumstances.

Since discovering the wonderful on-board product, I'm glad to say that more recent discussions have been more amicable.

Clearly, Bill was held in high esteem by his many fans and followers, as well as his colleagues and as such, he will be greatly missed.

The image below I believe is poignantly representative of Azamara. It shows Journey taken from Quest, last September. Peace, tranquility and beauty.

547269_10151889031575747_962940918_n.jpg

What you can't see or hear is the warmth and friendliness passing from one ship to the other, from officers, crew and passengers, together with the wonderful sound of the ship's horns.

Thank you Bill Lieber, RIP