Evening show clothing

mic74

Hello, we are going on our first cruise next month on the Oasis. Very excited! Just curious if people change out of the clothes that they wear for dinner before they head to the evening shows? If you do, would you change every evening or just on formal nights? If you change, what do you change into? Shorts? Pants? Long sleeves? I've read it can be cool in the show rooms so just wondering if people change into more casual/warmer clothes in the evening. There's DH, and 2 daughters 4 and 7 so trying to work on our packing list. Thanks!

We wear what we are wearing for the evening and it looks like most people do. On formal night people go to the show lounge in formal wear if that is what they are wearing to dinner. The exception would be for the outdoor shows...if you are in nice dinner dress you might feel a bit dressed up. Some of the shows may be before you go to dinner. I always have a cardigan or shrug with me to keep my shoulders warm.

Definately need a pretty or stylish and warm cardigan, shrug or pashmina. Also check out the air con vents in the theatres so you can avoid seats near them.

Sandy in Spain

When I drve t the port, I would take so many clothes I would change just to say I wore it all. Of course at that time, I was wearing scrubs daily and had all these cute clothes I was craving to wear and nowhere else to wear it.

Last time I sailed RCL by about 1 hour after the late seating for dinner my companion & I were practically the only people on the ship still in our formalwear. I found that very disappointing. Everyone else seemed to be in shorts.

Change or stay dressed. It's up to you but do bring a wrap of some sort because the indoor venues are kept well air-conditioned.

I can't answer regarding the Oasis, but on any cruise we have done on Princess and HAL most people stay in the same clothes and most people follow the dress code. Occasionally we would see someone very casually dressed (shorts, t-shirt) come into the main theatre or see them around the ship, and they stand out as being out of place.

I can't answer regarding the Oasis, but on any cruise we have done on Princess and HAL most people stay in the same clothes and most people follow the dress code. Occasionally we would see someone very casually dressed (shorts, t-shirt) come into the main theatre or see them around the ship, and they stand out as being out of place.

Well I can tell you that RCI is definitely not as "formal" as HAL. On Oasis if someone changed into shorts after dinner or at any time, they absolutely would not stand out. Oasis and Allure are on Caribbean itineraries now and casual is the dress of the day. :)

If we take the time to dress up, we wear those clothes all evening! I don't find my formal clothes to be uncomfortable!

But, you can certainly change if you want to...many folks will....and some won't dress up in the 1st place!

Haven't been on RCI yet but with us it is 50/50. Sometimes we change and sometimes we don't. If I ate in the buffet I would probably already be in casual clothes. It has nothing to do with not being comfortable and is just personal preference and could also depend on what we plan on doing after the show such as mini-golf etc.

I stay in what I wear to dinner, but I do pack a spare dress for evening in case of spills or clothing malfunction. I could change into that if a dress ended up being uncomfortable. If I'm going to the deck party, I may change shoes though.

We don't go to the dining room for formal night dinners, simply because of luggage issues. However, we do like to dress nicely for dinner and we stay in whatever we wear for dinner for the whole evening. The exception would be for me. I get very cold, and if I get uncomfortable I may change out of a dress into slacks and sleeves. I wear scrubs for work and underneath I wear a long-sleeve shirt and long underwear (winter). I top it off with a fleece zip jacket that I wear all year long. I can't wait for our next cruise, where I will thaw out and soak up the warm sun! Next up: Celebrity Equinox March 14th :-)

On formal nights we have changed after dinner. Usually because my feet hurt from wearing uncomfortable shoes. On our last cruise I found my long dress uncomfortable as well, and we hit the cabin to change as soon as dinner was over. Sometimes I just remove the shoes so that I can stay dressed in my formal wear a little longer. DH doesn't really care.

We have late dinner, so the shows are before dinner and we are in formal wear most of the night.

Hi, I usually stay dressed in whatever I am wearing for dinner:)

It would have to be something very "out of the ordinary" for me to

change clothes in the evening.