MS Noordam Sail-Away-Jan. 6, 2014

aliaschief

Just spoke to our TA (see signature) and she has had a very busy weekend booking numerous clients. So now I get to watch the next ship we are going on as it leaves the port today.

See you all later this afternoon!!

Just spoke to our TA (see signature) and she has had a very busy weekend booking numerous clients. So now I get to watch the next ship we are going on as it leaves the port today.

See you all later this afternoon!!

Always nice to have a booked cruise especially on the MS Noordam. Congratulations.

I should be here on this sunny and frigid day. Hope everyone in the cold areas stays warm and those where it is warm do not brag too much. :D

Is there a warm place? It's ten AM here in NW Florida and it's only 34 degrees F. Low tonight 16 F!:eek:

Is there a warm place? It's ten AM here in NW Florida and it's only 34 degrees F. Low tonight 16 F!:eek:

Chief, our HIGH is not even going to reach 16. And I do not even want to think what the wind chill temp is. :eek: Currently I have a pot of soup burbling which should be ready about sailing time.

Well Chief, since you asked, I'm always willing to be informative! It's 80°F here just now. Cold front hasn't passed through here yet. :D

For everyone who wants to snicker at us, we do expect a low of 29°F in the morning tomorrow. I know it's nothing many wouldn't like to see for their highs, but that's pretty cold for Central Florida! :eek:

I hope to be here for sail away....

Edited by 0bnxshs

Chief -- our high here in Indianapolis is -13 today with wind chill at -40 but we will be on the Maasdam in 10 days:D

Ika... not to brag... and Chief, yes, there are a couple of warm places. It is supposed to be about 77 degrees here today.

BUT I am not bragging because we are bone dry, high fire danger, and soon there has to be water rationing. Less than 4" of rain for all of 2013.

AND even worse, the wine crop in the Napa Valley is in danger if it does not rain soon.

:) But I will take our conditions any day over the bitter cold.

bitterly cold and snow drifting - visibility is terrible! record low temps expected! staying off the roads today, and a big steamy pot of beef stew will be our dinner tonight! hope to be able to catch the sailaway! 31 days until we board her!

On the Port Aruba webcam, it looks like a crane has been set up beside the Zuiderdam - wonder what they are doing for her?

I don't think they're doing anything. There are 4 ships in Aruba today (Amadeus may already be gone) and Zuiderdam is in a berth normally used by container ships.

Roy