"Captain's Club Coffee Break"

Chinook Wind

Our completed November 30th Caribbean cruise has put us into the "Elite" level of the Celebrity loyalty program! :D While familiarizing myself with the list of our new perks I see that we now get the, "Captain's Club Coffee Break". Can anyone tell me what this means?

This is the coffee-house style breakfast for elite and higher Captain Club tiers. There will be a letter in your stateroom upon boarding which will provide the specific hours (frequently 8am - 10 am) and venue.

While there can be some variance between ships expect fresh fruit, freshly squeezed juices, pastries and bagels, cold meats, lox and cheeses. There will be brewed coffee and an assortment of tea bags. Most importantly they will provide lattes, cappuccinos and so forth at no extra charge (although for the special coffees I generally tip as I do at the evening cocktail gathering).

• 5 months later...
Is this a dedicated area like the Diamond Lounge on Royal Caribbean? Is a concierge available?

No it is not dedicated, it is normally in one of the specialty restaurant. No there is not a concierge. They dont have it setup like the Diamond Lounge. We cruise 2 times on Indie and loved there Diamond Lounge.

Is this a dedicated area like the Diamond Lounge on Royal Caribbean? Is a concierge available?

The Captains Club host or hostess will be there every morning. They circulate among the guests and chat a little. Very enjoyable.

The Captains Club host or hostess will be there every morning. They circulate among the guests and chat a little. Very enjoyable.

Not necessarily. Only saw Lionel a couple of times in 4 weeks on Millennium in April. Depends on their hours of duty, although some will be prepared to put extra time in others may not.

We were on the Summit in May and the Elete Breakfast is now brought to your table on a three tier plate. There is fruit on top tier

salmon, cream chese etc, on the second tier

and 1 muffin and lots of crossants and danishes on the bottom tier.

No choice on what you get.

You still have the |OJ and same coffee selection as before.

Not many people came back after the first day. A lot of food waste.

We were on the Summit in May and the Elete Breakfast is now brought to your table on a three tier plate. There is fruit on top tier

This experiment has been the subject of some debate already; personally I hope it stays an experiment as not only do I not eat cakes and pastries for breakfast, but I am allergic to cheese. So in my case they will be making up special plates anyway if this was to be adopted elsewhere.

irrespective of the gripes or praises of the tiered platter or the buffet style, the fact that celebrity gives us a nice quiet venue for a peaceful breakfast is wonderful...no matter how they choose to do it. You get excellent coffee, smoothies and bloody mary's and mimosa's (perhaps some others) to enjoy for free.

While we almost always eat breakfast in Blu, we often went to the elite breakfast just for the much better coffee. Now that we're elite plus, we can get that same coffee anywhere on the ship as a perk which is a very nice, and many times overlooked, perk of elite plus.

Yes I have heard about the 3 tier plate. Our June 30 2014 Alaska cruise they did not have the 3 tier plates.

The new tray is lovely. It has a nice assortment of fruits, meats, fish, pastry, and spreads. Want anything. just ask. It is much nicer than the previous buffet style. On my recent Summit cruise in May, There were lots of people enjoying the elite breakfast each morning. If only they would add a person making eggs and pancakes, it would be ideal.

The new tray is lovely. It has a nice assortment of fruits, meats, fish, pastry, and spreads. Want anything. just ask. It is much nicer than the previous buffet style. On my recent Summit cruise in May, There were lots of people enjoying the elite breakfast each morning. If only they would add a person making eggs and pancakes, it would be ideal.

Each to their own; 60% or more of what is on a tray would be wasted by us. By far the best way is to keep the buffet, and for a staff member to serve each guest with what they want in the same way as would happen under code red.

irrespective of the gripes or praises of the tiered platter or the buffet style, the fact that celebrity gives us a nice quiet venue for a peaceful breakfast is wonderful...no matter how they choose to do it. You get excellent coffee, smoothies and bloody mary's and mimosa's (perhaps some others) to enjoy for free.

Agreed!