Shareholder OBC question

jtcoolk

Earlier I mentioned we had two cabins booked for an upcoming seven night April cruise. My wife and daughter are in one cabin and my son and I are in another. My wife and I jointly own more than 100 shares of CCL, but less than 200 shares. This morning I faxed in the request for my wife’s cabin with her booking number. I planned to send in my request in a couple of weeks. Well, within a couple of hours we each received a confirmation email for $100 OBC. That is $100 for each room, even though I never applied for my credit. I think that is awesome service!

After reading the terms and conditions, it looks like this is what we were entitled too - I think :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtcoolk

Can someone tell me if you can get more than $250 OBC per cabin? If husband owns 100 shares and wife owns 100 shares and they stay in one room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam in CA

If you and your husband have completely separate accounts, each with at least 100 shares of CCL stock, and book separate cabins (known to happen if you're cruising with children,) you could apply for the shareholder benefit for each cabin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey42

If we have a joint brokerage account and book two separate cabins, should we both get the OBC, or will they just give the OBC to one of us. The cabins are booked with me and my son in one and my wife and daughter in the other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pia1913

I would submit each one separately; at least a week or two apart. Technically you're only entitled to one if you only have 100 shares. But sometimes technicalities are ignored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyoftheseas

DH and I jointly own 100 shares. On multiple occasions, we've booked separate cabins and we've always received OBC for both cabins. The first time we did this, Liza was still in charge of shareholder credits and she told me personally via phone that this was perfectly acceptable. I simply fax two separate requests, one for each booking number, each with a copy of our brokerage statement. On one, I highlight my name as the account owner and on the other I highlight DH's name as owner. As I said, we've never had any issue getting both OBCs applied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey42

I will definitely try this and see what happens. We booked the two of us in separate rooms in the hope we would get two OBCs and two sets of Elite benefits. If we do, it is a nice bonus. If not, at least we tried.

I get the shareholder OBC each cruise. I have not had any problems getting it.

One important item to remember when you submit is the timing and the date on the brokerage statement. Once I submitted a statement too early and they replied that the brokerage statement had to be dated after a certain time frame. In my case the date they gave was a statement date after the final payment date for that cruise. (which would make sense showing that you owned the stock after final payment date)

After that date I have consistently submitted between 30-60 days prior to the cruise, with a statement dated not more than 60 days prior to the cruise date and have not had and problems at all. It has shown up 5-10 working days.

If booked through a TA can I still fax in my own OBC request or does it have to come from the TA?

(In the future I'm going to book all of my cruises myself and then transfer to the TA much later. I want to be able to handle most things myself.)

If booked through a TA can I still fax in my own OBC request or does it have to come from the TA?

(In the future I'm going to book all of my cruises myself and then transfer to the TA much later. I want to be able to handle most things myself.)

Most people do it themselves, even if they're using a TA.

Most people do it themselves, even if they're using a TA.

Thanks. Not sailing until May but it's probably not too early to send it in. I got a new statement today so I will print it out and fax it in. I know you can send it in pretty close to sailing and be in time for credit don't know how far in advance they will accept it. I would imagine they want to have some sort of guarantee that you don't send it in way early and then sell the stock after getting the OBC credited. (Not that I intend to ever sell this stock. Between the dividends and the OBC it provides a nice ROI.)

Hey Paul, after reading through all posts, I have a couple of simple questions. :confused: After I buy my stock:

• Do I have to fax them for every cruise during the year?
  • Or is it just once per calendar year?

Enjoy reading this thread!

You need todo it before each cruise and brokerage statement must be dated no more than 90 days before cruise.

Greeting Sandy, On our cruise to Hawaii April 2013 we met a great couple from Oxford, MI. I am wondering if by chance you know a couple named Pam & Cal? :confused: They really are the greatest and were wonderful cruising friends. :)This is probably a shot in the dark but it is work asking.:D

If you do give them a call and tell them "RetiredNTraveling" says hi!:rolleyes:

Greeting Sandy, On our cruise to Hawaii April 2013 we met a great couple from Oxford, MI. I am wondering if by chance you know a couple named Pam & Cal? :confused: They really are the greatest and were wonderful cruising friends. :)This is probably a shot in the dark but it is work asking.:D

If you do give them a call and tell them "RetiredNTraveling" says hi!:rolleyes:

Sorry, RnT. Although Oxford is a pretty small town, we don't know Pam & Cal. Too bad, they sound like fun!

Rob (Sandy's DH)

You need todo it before each cruise and brokerage statement must be dated no more than 90 days before cruise.

Faxed mine in on 2/10/14 (I don't sail until 5/14/14) and then read this right after. Said, "D'Oh!" Figured I'd maybe have to send it again later since I was a bit outside the 90 day limit but, when I checked today, the credit is in place.

I love this benefit. I'm soooooooooooooo glad I bought this stock. :)

Faxed mine in on 2/10/14 (I don't sail until 5/14/14) and then read this right after. Said, "D'Oh!" Figured I'd maybe have to send it again later since I was a bit outside the 90 day limit but, when I checked today, the credit is in place.

I love this benefit. I'm soooooooooooooo glad I bought this stock. :)

Just think how happy I am. We've owned this stock since 1998. :D

Faxed mine in on 2/10/14 (I don't sail until 5/14/14) Figured I'd maybe have to send it again later since I was a bit outside the 90 day limit but, when I checked today, the credit is in place.

Today is the 14th and 89 days until your cruise! Maybe they waited a day or two or maybe the processed it a couple of days ago and said close enough.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Just think how happy I am. We've owned this stock since 1998. :D

I'll never be able to cruise the way you do but I go when I can. I have just shy of 3 more years to work (sigh...) so my time isn't my own. Of course when I retire my income will be less but, then again, I just (finally!) paid off my house so I won't have that expense. We will travel around the U.S. making use of the teardrop trailer my wife is having built and we will also cruise. Camping and cruising are pretty far apart from each other but those are the things we like to do. :)

It's thanks to posts by folks here that I found out about the shareholder OBC and purchased my 100 shares for exactly that purpose. The fact that the stock pays dividends far greater in value than that money was ever going to make sitting in a bank is just the cherry on top.

Cruising as often as you do and having held the stock since 1998 you have obviously gotten your money's worth in OBC. I estimate somewhere around 17 gazillion dollars or so. :eek: Keep it up and keep posting so the rest of us can vicariously share your travels.

Today is the 14th and 89 days until your cruise! Maybe they waited a day or two or maybe the processed it a couple of days ago and said close enough.

Terry

Considering how much trouble Pam is having getting her OBC to be applied I count myself lucky to have it just fly right through.

Given that February is a short month and I faxed it on the 10th I was a good week or more outside the 90 day time frame so I certainly didn't "expect" it to go through but the fact that it did made me smile. I can always use a smile. :D

I'll never be able to cruise the way you do but I go when I can. I have just shy of 3 more years to work (sigh...) so my time isn't my own. Of course when I retire my income will be less but, then again, I just (finally!) paid off my house so I won't have that expense. We will travel around the U.S. making use of the teardrop trailer my wife is having built and we will also cruise. Camping and cruising are pretty far apart from each other but those are the things we like to do. :)

It's thanks to posts by folks here that I found out about the shareholder OBC and purchased my 100 shares for exactly that purpose. The fact that the stock pays dividends far greater in value than that money was ever going to make sitting in a bank is just the cherry on top.

Cruising as often as you do and having held the stock since 1998 you have obviously gotten your money's worth in OBC. I estimate somewhere around 17 gazillion dollars or so. :eek: Keep it up and keep posting so the rest of us can vicariously share your travels.

You know, thinking back some years, I never anticipated being able to cruise the way we do either. All we wanted was to educate the kids and divest ourselves of their expensive expenses. We put five through college and they came out without owing a dime. Then it was our time. Graduate and professional schools they did almost on their own, though we did pay for two living expenses for the doctor and the lawyer. We are fortunate to have worked hard and invested well and now we reap the benefits thereof. :)

Edited by Pia1913

I just booked a Ruby Princess cruise for next month. I faxed in my shareholder benefit request. It showed up in the Cruise Personalizer in less than an hour. I don't worry about the price of CCL. But it was nice to know when I looked at my brokerage statement today that it's up.

And happy Valentine's Day to Pia!

Edited by geoherb

I just booked a Ruby Princess cruise for next month. I faxed in my shareholder benefit request. It showed up in the Cruise Personalizer in less than an hour. I don't worry about the price of CCL. But it was nice to know when I looked at my brokerage statement today that it's up.

And happy Valentine's Day to Pia!

And Happy Valentine's to you both, Neal. :D

After reading about some peoples difficulty getting their OBC for owning CCL stock applied I was a bit worried.

Our statement for January came on Monday and I faxed it and the form I downloaded to Princess on Tuesday. When I checked on Wednesday the credit was on our account. Yay!!