Fasination with Cruise Directors

jsf

Hank, if you would have seen Lisa's shoes (same ones on two cruises a year apart) you would understand. They were very high heels, and every color of the rainbow--quite memorable. She even commented on them herself (both times). They were not your normal average everyday women's shoes!

Do not get me wrong....DW and DD would certainly notice the shoes. But as to moi, I would not even notice if the CD was shoeless. I do understand that many women have a thing for shoes (including DW and DD) but most men could care less. DW has been trying to convince me for several decades that I should care about a women's shoes (especially hers) but the preaching has not had any impact.

Hank

Allan King was simply the best on X. Loved this type of sophisticate old school CD. Too bad he retired. He and his wife were always up for a chat (ask for the picture of his car:) ). All others we don't remember there names. SORRY.

We do not like those newfangled ADHD types organizing pillow fights and belly diving contests.

By the way on cruise lines like Costa is common that the CD not only speaks English and American, but also Italian, Spanish, French and German. So

announcements took almost the entire show or morning :)

Edited by RichardQ

By the way on cruise lines like Costa is common that the CD not only speaks English and American, but also Italian, Spanish, French and German. So

announcements took almost the entire show or morning :)

Best you don't take the Infinity South American itineraries then, as CD Alejandro did exactly that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I would have said the same until this last cruise. Alexander on the Reflection was great! He is seen all day every day throughout the ship. You can tell he wants everyone to have a great cruise. He brought back great memories of the fantastic CD on our 1990 Horizon cruise.

The line dancer guy in the Santa Hat on the Reflection (wish I knew his name) should also consider a job as cruise directer. He also cared about the guests not only on the deck pool stage, at disemarkation and even one day in the elevator asking if we are having a good time, sad it's over, etc.

As a matter of fact I think I need to follow up with Celebrity and mention this.......anyone happen to recall his name?

Do you remember Alexander's last name? Wondering if he's the CD we had on the Summit. His favorite thing to say was "they're great, aren't they?" lol.

He was ok....young guy. I didn't see him around the ship too much, but it might have been the nature of a canada/ne sailing.

I guess I'm not alone here when it comes to CDs. I have been an official "Grumpy Old Man" for many years (no comments about DW) and have never had a desire to participate in organized activities on land, sea or air.

After 23 cruises I can only remember 1 CD and that was an extremely capable and talented, incredibly beautiful young woman Named Shannon who was the acting CD on the Norwegian Crown.

The rest simply did their jobs and were either more or less annoying than normal. JMO, but if I needed organized activities I would go to summer camp.

Best you don't take the Infinity South American itineraries then, as CD Alejandro did exactly that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

One good thing about X is there is only the one announcement each day by the Captain and the CD.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

i guess i'm not alone here when it comes to cds. I have been an official "grumpy old man" for many years (no comments about dw) and have never had a desire to participate in organized activities on land, sea or air.

After 23 cruises i can only remember 1 cd and that was an extremely capable and talented, incredibly beautiful young woman named shannon who was the acting cd on the norwegian crown.

The rest simply did their jobs and were either more or less annoying than normal. Jmo, but if i needed organized activities i would go to summer camp.

like!!

One good thing about X is there is only the one announcement each day by the Captain and the CD.:D

That seems to depend on the CD. On our Eclipse Cruise (Nov 30) our CD generally made 2 announcements per day. The first (which we found annoying) was usually between 9:30 and 10:00 am and then he would also piggyback another announcement after the Captain's daily report (usually about 1pm).

Hank

Yes, I know, and there is only the one announcement each day, on Princess there were several each day.:D

That seems to depend on the CD. On our Eclipse Cruise (Nov 30) our CD generally made 2 announcements per day. The first (which we found annoying) was usually between 9:30 and 10:00 am and then he would also piggyback another announcement after the Captain's daily report (usually about 1pm).

Hank

And any shows in and around the ship's theatre/lounges.................

Hank

Fair enough, it must vary from ship to ship, on all my X cruises, there has only been the one announcement at 10 am (sometimes 11 am).:D