Independence of the Seas question

We have been on 10 cruises with Carnival and Norwegian. I'm looking into this ship but need some answers. Seems to be lots of problems reading the reviews of this ship. Lots of complaints about the service being bad. Also do they really charge for food??? I know speciality restrauants charge but what about the buffet? They say it is very hard to find a place to sit at the Windjammer...I think that is the buffet. I know some people just can't be pleased but there sure are lots of complaints. We say all cruises are great but I'm wondering about this one.

I am on Indy right now.

Great service. Food has been VERY good.

There are pay venues and they are good options...but they are OPTIONS.

There are some high-end pay entrees in the MDR, but the regular menus have many many excellent choices.

I have had no difficulty finding a table in the buffet.

The ice show is fabulous. The winners of The Sing Off, Home Free, are performing for us tonight.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I am on Indy right now.

Great service. Food has been VERY good.

There are pay venues and they are good options...but they are OPTIONS.

There are some high-end pay entrees in the MDR, but the regular menus have many many excellent choices.

I have had no difficulty finding a table in the buffet.

The ice show is fabulous. The winners of The Sing Off, Home Free, are performing for us tonight.

Hey Merrio,

Who is the CD?

Thanks for the input. Will probably book it for the coming fall. We are green with envy about Home Free. We watched that program and Home Free was our pick all thru the shows. So have a great cruise and I will quit believing the negative reviews. I will go back and only read the 5 star reviews.

There is no charge for food in the Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, and in the main dining room from the regular dining room menus. Also, if you like caviar, it is complimentary at the Champagne bar 5-7 or 8 PM when you buy a drink there. Vintages wine bar usually servies some sort of munchies during that time frame as well when purchasing a drink there. Room Service is free except for late night/early morning hours.

Do you know if they will be the same by the March 15th sailing? Was praying for Richard Spacey but if Joff is good I will be more than happy!:D

According to the CD list on this board (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41196818&postcount=883), Joff will be on Indy until "end of March", but no specific date mentioned. He was the CD last November when we sailed Indy and thought he was really quite good. Excellent sense of comic timing with that wry British humor.

Merion Mom: is Tim Connor a skinny little British guy with short, spiked hair and he's from Nottingham? Joff's activities manager two months ago I believe was Tim and he was pretty entertaining as well.

I was on the Indy for the transatlantic in November last year and I too was worried about the negative reviews. It was great, no problems at all. We received the usual Royal service from staff and quality of food, venues etc was as good as ever. Enjoy your cruise.