Queen Victoria 2014 World Voyage

Porthopper101

Once again my husband and I will be boarding Queen Victoria for another world voyage. After three world cruises, I am an expert packer. On our first cruise, we took eleven cases; we are down to eight. We used Cunard White Star to ship four cases and took four cases with us on the plane.

Sorry the pictures are not very good. I took them with my phone.

11893736334_aaf290536c_b.jpg

11894181616_69afa3226a_b.jpg

We had never been to Fort Lauderdale. We decided to get here three days early. Our flight was to leave at 6:00 am. I was too excited to sleep. I get out of the bed at 2:00 am. The taxi arrived at 4:30 am. To my surprised, four big cases and two small ones fit in the Prius.

We flew on American airlines; first to Dallas then to Fort Lauderdale. The flights were on time. The service was excellent and the food was quite good. We both had spinach omelet for breakfast and chicken pot pie for lunch.

11893329105_6a6abe0b6f_b.jpg

11893333315_cba12cd2dc_b.jpg

11894176426_249b489686_b.jpg

Porthopper

Glad you made it down safely. I had a rental car snafu so my wife drove me down and made it to Ft Lauderdale around 3 pm. Now I'm going to have to pickup something extra special for her during the voyage.

Maybe we'll run into each other at boarding.

Don

Porthopper

Glad you made it down safely. I had a rental car snafu so my wife drove me down and made it to Ft Lauderdale around 3 pm. Now I'm going to have to pickup something extra special for her during the voyage.

Maybe we'll run into each other at boarding.

Don

Thank you Don. I am sure you will find something extra special for your wife :). We are meeting our friends for breakfast at 9:00 tomorrow morning. We should be at the port at noon. We are looking forward to meet you.

Have a fantastic evening.

Marie

Thanks for posting while on your cruise! Have a great time & am looking forward to your pictures & comments!

So who's playing candy crush?? I play on occasion but not really dedicated to it:)

Michelle

Thank you Michelle. I started playing it after my foot surgery last June. Like you I play on occasion. Hope all is well with you.

Marie

Marie,

Have a great world voyage! You will have enough time to play candy crush. :D

Can't wait to see all of your beautiful dresses!

Thank you. I am sure I shall have plenty time to play it :D. How was your cuise on the QM?

Take care

Marie

Love having the photos along with what you have been doing. Excellent. We have been on 3 QV and one QE world cruise so we may have been on board when you were before.

Hi Oahucruise,

I was on Queen Victoria in 2009 and Queen Elizabeth in 2012. Are planing any cruises this year?

Best wishes

Marie

Hi Marie, glad your trip down was good. Looking forward to reading your blog and seeing your pictures. Is this your first cruise since your shipboard wedding?

Hi Barbara,

Yes, it is my first cruise since the wedding. I had foot surgery after our last cruise. My foot was in cast for four months. I am done with foot surgery :).

You are going on the QE right?

Best wishes

Marie