Queen Victoria 2014 World Voyage

Porthopper101

Day 03

Last night was Black & White Ball; also it was the Captain’s cocktail party for all passengers in the Britannia restaurant. I am happy to report that most gentlemen were in tux and many ladies were in gown.

We eat at the first setting. Our table is 344 on the second deck. We thought the ship was not full as there were many empty tables the last two nights. However, one of the supervisors told me that the ship is full and all tables are assigned.

We have not been to the theater, but by reading the daily programme; I am sure they are the same performers from QM last year. Dance Passion is tonight’s featured entertainment. We are definite are going.

Every day I am thankful I am alive and can walk. Today I am also thankful to be on one of Cunard’s magnificent ships. I know most, if not all Britons on this board, say they are Cunarders. I am not a Briton; but I can proudly say, “I am a Cunarder.”

I am an early riser. But those darn seasickness tablets are making me so sleepy. We have ended up having breakfast around 9:00am for the last three days. After breakfast I went for my power walk on deck 10. I sure miss deck seven on the QM2.

Tonight is the Captain’s cocktail party for full world cruise guests who embarked in Fort Lauderdale. I am looking forward to see all the guests who were on the Queen Mary last year.

There is a rumor that Commodore Rynd will be joining the ship in Sydney. It would be fantastic if it is true. I have not been to the laundry room; therefore, I have not heard the rumor about the iron lady.

During the day, the Chart room is reserved for world cruise guests. I popped in yesterday to take a picture, but was stopped by a lady who informed me that this room is for the WC’s guests only. I just shrugged and moved on.

We will be pocking tomorrow at Barbados. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day or evening :)

Marie

Thank you, Burn. Any news??? Hope all is well with you and the weather is as nice as where I am :D.

Marie

Hi Marie. Yes, I emailed you within minutes of it's arrival. It should be in your mailbox dated 2 days ago. :):):)

My dressmaker is on holiday in Greece but yesterday I took the dress to a lady highly recommended by a friend . She wants me to come in and try it on again before she cuts. That impressed me. I asked her if she could make me a shawl out of the material she cut off the hem. LOL

The dress will be ready for me before we leave. I am going to knock the socks off DH on Valentine's Day! Thanks a million.

Yesterday the temperature was all the way up to 32 degrees. It felt so spring- like that it almost seems a shame to head south just now. :D Unfortunately, the cold is on it's way back and it was snowing again today.

Hello everyone,

We arrived in Barbados this morning. While getting out of the bed I stepped on my laptop. We took it to the shop in town, they were unable to repair it. I do have an Ipad and other tablet. I am still trying to figure out how to use them.

Thank you for following my thread, but it looks like I have to end it here. Sorry :(.

To all the ladies from the fashion board. I will try to post pictures there later.

Best wishes

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Marie,

You looked so elegant and lovely as usual.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Just giving you a heads up, the package that you mailed to Yuma still hasn't arrived. Was your postmaster able to track it for you? I will be sure to let you know when it arrives.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Hi Marie,

You looked absolutely beautiful and elegant. Glad to hear that the dress code is being adhered to because I too love Cunard as we can dress up.

Looking forward to more pictures if possible and also meeting you once we board in Sydney. Have a great cruise.....we are counting the days till we board. Always a very exciting time!

Rosita & Dave

Hello everyone,

We arrived in Barbados this morning. While getting out of the bed I stepped on my laptop. We took it to the shop in town, they were unable to repair it. I do have an Ipad and other tablet. I am still trying to figure out how to use them.

Thank you for following my thread, but it looks like I have to end it here. Sorry :(.

To all the ladies from the fashion board. I will try to post pictures there later.

Best wishes

Marie

I do hope you can master your Ipad and continue with your updates - if I can do it, I am sure you can!

You mean QE? I read earlier QV in Rio. Wonder if there is a webcam there?

Also, is QE in Costa Rica next? I will have to check and see if there will be a webcam at her next port. I feel like a stalker!:p

Barbara, you are correct. I posted QE's departure info in the QV area. Watching too many world cruise blogs and posts!!

The QE is in Limon, Costa Rica on January 26th - - Sunday in the U.S. Have to google to see if there is a webcam there.

Patti ( Stalker 2 )

These postings have encouraged me even more to continue my saving for my world cruise. But I have a question. It may not be related directly to the world cruise but here goes. How much does bingo cost?? My recent cruise on another line shocked me as to the price 39 dollars plus for a set of three cards!!!!! I remember paying just 20 for a set of cards on QM2 and QV. Hope someone could help. Also, do they save the jackpot on bingo for the WC till the end??

These postings have encouraged me even more to continue my saving for my world cruise. But I have a question. It may not be related directly to the world cruise but here goes. How much does bingo cost?? My recent cruise on another line shocked me as to the price 39 dollars plus for a set of three cards!!!!! I remember paying just 20 for a set of cards on QM2 and QV. Hope someone could help. Also, do they save the jackpot on bingo for the WC till the end??

Surely the prize value is directly related to the price of the ticket? Therefore the more you pay, the more someone else wins! :)

Surely the prize value is directly related to the price of the ticket? Therefore the more you pay, the more someone else wins! :)

Nope on that one. They offered a grand prize at every bingo if you did a cover all within a certain number of calls. I went several times and no one won that prize just the 200 or so if you finally got the cover all at the end. On the last day of the cruise it was the same. except the final prize was 2000. I am sure Celebrity made quite a profit on Bingo. All the offerings were well attended with over 100 at each. But it was too expensive. 39 49 and 69 dollars to play.

Did you find one? I just tried and no luck!

The QE is in Limon, Costa Rica on January 26th - - Sunday in the U.S. Have to google to see if there is a webcam there.

Patti ( Stalker 2 )

Sorry, no webcam in Limon that I could find. The next time will be tomorrow when they transit the Panama Canal.