Hawaii on the Solstice

syr101

My wife and I will be aboard the Solstice on an Hawiian cruise. What is the best way to Pearl harbor. Also with all ports on the cruise, we would like to visit some beaches and chill. Which islands should I visit beaches and what beaches do you recommend.

I think you may find the answer to some of your questions here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62 on the Hawaii board.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful but I have never done the cruise. Maybe some who have will chip in with their experiences.

Cheers, h.

Edited by middlehaitch

The answer middlehaitch gave about the Hawaii board is your best option for your questions. I am confused by your question about Pearl Harbor. Do you want to know how to get there from the ship or which excursion is best?

I know there are plenty of taxis waiting where the ship docks and the earlier you arrive at Pearl the better. You can do a twofer and visit the Missouri which is also nearby. There is so much to see at this stop it is hard to decide.

Sue

My wife and I will be aboard the Solstice on an Hawiian cruise. What is the best way to Pearl harbor. Also with all ports on the cruise, we would like to visit some beaches and chill. Which islands should I visit beaches and what beaches do you recommend.

We did the Hawaii Solstice cruise this past September. We are not big beach people, that said I would use the beaches on Maui and on the big Island near the National Park Place of Refuge. The park is beautiful and the beach is lovely.

Take a taxi to Pearl Harbor and buy your tickets before you leave. The tickets are time-coded so pick a time.

Chris

Take "The Bus" just outside the port. Ask anyone where the bus stop is. It is easy to ride and cheap. Google "the Bus" Honolulu. Best public transportation value. I think $2 for seniors. Takes about 40 minutes. We did it in November. Leary at first but so easy. Went to Chinatown, King Kam statue and the palace afterward. Have fun. Beaches on Maui are great, so many. Kanapali is one.