Ice and Drinks No Longer In Rooms?

crazyfrazee

Just got off the windy rocky Fantasy and of course noticed more cuts. When did they quit putting ice buckets and drinks in the rooms? All that was in our room was a bottle of $4 water. I asked the room steward about it and he said they stopped doing it but he would get me ice if I needed it. Is this company wide or just on the Fantasy?

Just got off the windy rocky Fantasy and of course noticed more cuts. When did they quit putting ice buckets and drinks in the rooms? All that was in our room was a bottle of $4 water. I asked the room steward about it and he said they stopped doing it but he would get me ice if I needed it. Is this company wide or just on the Fantasy?

Last year they started cutting back on passing out the ice bucket, but it was available if you asked for it.

We requested ice in the AM only and it was gladly provided.

Wish they'd leave the fridge empty as we always have to ask them to empty it.

We were on the Breeze early December 2013.

Ice bucket always full.

Not sure what drinks you are referring to, the mini fridge was full also.

Maybe the Fantasy does not have mini fridges in their cabins? I've heard some of the cabins on the Sunshine don't have a mini fridge.

Last year they started cutting back on passing out the ice bucket, but it was available if you asked for it.

We requested ice in the AM only and it was gladly provided.

Wish they'd leave the fridge empty as we always have to ask them to empty it.

Have to ask for ice. Do it the first day and never an issue.

We also empty the frig as we have better stuff to put in it.

We were on the Breeze early December 2013.

Ice bucket always full.

Not sure what drinks you are referring to, the mini fridge was full also.

Maybe the Fantasy does not have mini fridges in their cabins? I've heard some of the cabins on the Sunshine don't have a mini fridge.

Every ship I've been on has had an ice bucket and refreshed each day without having to ask. There's not mini fridges on the Fantasy class ships but the drinks I was referring to was besides the water, there were always a few Sprites and a few Cokes on the counter with the ice bucket. As you took them they were replaced and added to your account. It was just nice to be able to grab one on the go. I was on the Freedom last year with a stocked mini fridge.

I never, ever use those drinks on the counter and would prefer to actually have the counter space! We had them on Fantasy in September, so this must be new.

Rather than a "cutback," I consider this a plus. :D

Haven't yet needed to ask for ice on any ship. I'll probably sail Fantasy again in May, so I'll find out then. If I do need to ask, it certainly won't be a problem. I usually just leave a post-it note for the steward if I have a request because I'm not going to sit around in my cabin!

Every ship I've been on has had an ice bucket and refreshed each day without having to ask. There's not mini fridges on the Fantasy class ships but the drinks I was referring to was besides the water, there were always a few Sprites and a few Cokes on the counter with the ice bucket. As you took them they were replaced and added to your account. It was just nice to be able to grab one on the go. I was on the Freedom last year with a stocked mini fridge.

Sometime last year, they stopped putting the extra sprites and cokes on the countertop but they do leave the one lg. bottle of water. I'm glad, as they were just in the way and we'd have to put them in the closet for the duration of the cruise. If we want a can of sprite or coke, we just call room service and it arrives cold in few minutes.

We had to ask the room stewards on the Magic and on the Freedom in 2013 to bring us an ice bucket and refresh it twice daily. They both did so with a smile and got an extra tip for it. Both of those ships have fridges and they were stocked when we arrived.

For the past several years the ships (Inspiration, Paradise) haven't had sodas on the vanity in the OV cabins. Not that many pax seemed to drink them as I remember several sailings where the cans were dusty.

Prefer the space on the vanity.

Sometime last year, they stopped putting the extra sprites and cokes on the countertop but they do leave the one lg. bottle of water. I'm glad, as they were just in the way and we'd have to put them in the closet for the duration of the cruise. If we want a can of sprite or coke, we just call room service and it arrives cold in few minutes.

I'm glad too. The cans used up half the counter space and one time we got charged for a soda even though we hadn't used any of them. Not worth waiting in line at customer service to get $3 back but it was aggravating.

When the room steward introduces himself, I just ask for an ice bucket then. So far, so good.

Just off Fascination Saturday and we had an ice bucket and ice daily. If I happened on the steward in the hall while was refilling he would asking I needed any. I said "no not tonight" once and he skipped me but was back at it again the next day.

I had actually forgotten about the cans sitting out. There were none on my cruise either. I never used them either. I do, however, use the drinks in the mini fridge occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the past several years the ships (Inspiration, Paradise) haven't had sodas on the vanity in the OV cabins. Not that many pax seemed to drink them as I remember several sailings where the cans were dusty.

Prefer the space on the vanity.

We were on the Inspiration 10/3/2011 and the Paradise 1/5/2012 and they had ice buckets and can drinks on the counter and kept up. We had OV on each of these cruises.

Some ships changed a few months ago. I didn't have an ice bucket or sodas in my cabin on Sunshine a couple weeks ago, but I did have on Conquest in November. But if you ask for ice, your cabin steward will provide an ice bucket and keep it filled for you.

You can get an ice bucket but you have to ask for it. It's not automatic. At least that's the way it was on Paradise last year. We'll be on Victory next week so I'll find out if it works the same way.

Yes, you do get ice bucket on the Victory. I was on Panorama, port side balcony.

Knew about the ice. What kind of drinks?